Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 502
    Given: 155

0 Not allowed!

An F-35 will loose a dogfight with an F-16. But is good for Greece to have a few F-35s.

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

1 Not allowed!

Finland is looking new fighters as well. Offers have been asked for. Negotiations 2019/2020-2021. Deal will be done 2022. Numbers of planes (min. 64 ... max 80).

Options: Rafale, Typhoon, Gripen, F-35 Lightning II, Super Hornet

All 5 are listed in top 10 fighters (2017), and 4 of 5 in top 5 here:
    https://hushkit.net/2017/05/16/the-t...17-bvr-combat/

I don't think Finland will go to replace old F-18 Hornets to Super Hornets. Super Hornet starts to be old plane today, and Finland should be able to use the next planes still in 2030's (reliable ways to control its air space). Small country can not made deals like this too often.

Others? The plane itself but naturally also the selling prices, service prices (life time), possible countertrades, Finns changes to produce some parts in Finland, weapon systems and political issues will influence to the decision.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    3/4 Croatian and 1/4 North Italian
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,781
    Given: 8,063

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    best plane ever, this would be awesome for you!
    I love F-35, but it's not the best plane ever, (and I am fanatic for jets, from childhood), F-22 Raptor beats F-35 in various areas, even though F-35 is newest airplane, but both F-22 and F-35 belongs to fifth generation of Jets (the most modern generation of jets).

But overall, trust me, F-22 are better than F-35, even though F-35 are great, no doubt about it.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianatomia View Post
    An F-35 will loose a dogfight with an F-16. But is good for Greece to have a few F-35s.
    F-16 was and is one of those Jets which will always be remembered as one of the best.

Still till this day F-16 are great.

Last Online
    06-17-2020 @ 03:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Polish
    Ancestry
    3/4 Danish, 1/4 Polish
    Country
    Denmark
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58 (Danish)
    mtDNA
    H7g
    Politics
    Right wing, Anti-islam
    Hero
    Winston Churchill
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,015
    Given: 328

0 Not allowed!

I encourage you to do the same thing as Denmark. Change the good ol F16 for the F35.

(76.3% DK + 23.7% West_Russian @ 3.32)

Banned
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 06:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,396
    Given: 6,059

1 Not allowed!

F35 is not that perfect, better idea is to buy latest upgraded F16 like Viper. Proven battle machine and new updates put it techonologically close to F35 but without it's flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    I love F-35, but it's not the best plane ever, (and I am fanatic for jets, from childhood), F-22 Raptor beats F-35 in various areas, even though F-35 is newest airplane, but both F-22 and F-35 belongs to fifth generation of Jets (the most modern generation of jets).

But overall, trust me, F-22 are better than F-35, even though F-35 are great, no doubt about it.
    Absolutely. F22 >>> F35 but US Congress banned it's sale outside US.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Finland is looking new fighters as well. Offers have been asked for. Negotiations 2019/2020-2021. Deal will be done 2022. Numbers of planes (min. 64 ... max 80).

I don't think Finland will go to replace old F-18 Hornets to Super Hornets. Super Hornet starts to be old plane today, and Finland should be able to use the next planes still in 2030's (reliable ways to control its air space). Small country can not made deals like this too often.

Others? The plane itself but naturally also the selling prices, service prices (life time), possible countertrades, Finns changes to produce some parts in Finland, weapon systems and political issues will influence to the decision.
    I would pick Rafale tbh.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic+Romance
    Ethnicity
    Croatian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Croatia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b
    Taxonomy
    Atlantid+CM
    Politics
    Direct Democracy
    Hero
    Jordan Peterson
    Religion
    Deist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić View Post

Absolutely. F22 >>> F35 but US Congress banned it's sale outside US.
    I wonder why

Because Americans (govermont) are bastards, pretending that their allies inside of NATO are equals with them, but when it about comes selling the best to their "allies", somehow they love to remain at the top, just in case.

Fucking hypocrites.

Same thing happen months ago when we (Croatia) wanted to buy Israeli F-16 Barracks, it was a done deal between Israel and Croatia, but American basterds made a threat to IDF (Israeli army) in terms that they cannot sell F-16 Barracks except if they remove all Israeli electronics inside of jets, which would mean Israelis would have to sell us A SHIT 30 years old which they bought from USA 30 years ago.

Imagine that, USA sells F-16 to Israel 30 years ago, Israelis make them better (barrack version), and then they're not allowed to sell those Jets to us because Americans are against it, wtf!!???

I have insider information that Americans didnt want Croatia to have F-16 Barrack (Israeli version) Jets, because on paper we are allies to americans but americans prefer we dont have such great jets (with israeli electronics which is maybe even better than american one) because americans doesnt want their allies to have any advantage or equality with them.

So whenever some fuckhead says to me that Israelis rules USA this is the lastest proof who rules who, Israel had to listen American bastards in this case and they were forced to drop the deal because ofcourse we didnt wanted to buy those F-16 without Israeli upgrades.

But Israel was totally honorable in this deal till the end, but one cannot go against american snakes.

Last Online
    01-30-2024 @ 12:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    White
    Ethnicity
    Roma
    Ancestry
    Mustalainen/Finnish Gypsie
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Roma
    Taxonomy
    East-Baltid+Gracile Indid
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Relationship Status
    I am single girls
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,722
    Given: 2,806

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post

I hope that Finland will buy Swedish planes. That will strengthen the relations between Sweden and Finland. The JAS39E Gripen is also tailor-made for the Swedish and Finnish enviroment. It is designed to land and takeoff from highways and smal runways.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Robocop View Post
    I wonder why

Because Americans (govermont) are bastards, pretending that their allies inside of NATO are equals with them, but when it comes selling the best to their "allies", somehow they love to remain at the top, just in case.

Fucking hypocrites.

Same thing happen months ago when we (Croatia) wanted to buy Israeli F-16 Barracks, it was a done deal between Israel and Croatia, but American basterds made a threat to IDF (Israeli army) in terms that they cannot sell F-16 Barracks except if they remove all Israeli electronics inside of jets, which would mean Israelis would have to sell us A SHIT 30 years old which they bought from USA 30 years ago.

Imagine that, USA sells F-16 to Israel 30 years ago, Israelis make them better (barrack version), and then they're not allowed to sell those Jets to us because Americans are against it, wtf!!???

I have insider information that Americans didnt want Croatia to have F-16 Barrack (Israeli version) Jets, because on paper we are allies to americans but americans prefer we dont have such great jets (with israeli electronics which is maybe even better than american one) because americans doesnt want their allies to have any advantage or equality with them.

So whenever some fuckhead says to me that Israelis rules USA this is the lastest proof who rules who, Israel had to listen American bastards in this case and they were forced to drop the deal because ofcourse we didnt wanted to buy those F-16 without Israeli upgrades.

But Israel was totally honorable in this deal till the end, but one cannot go against american snakes.
    Yeah I agree Israeli tech is superior and actually these types of planes were battle hardened unlike many other F16 models. Romania tries to purchase Barak few years ago but US stopped it.

We'll get F16 very soon though, and I'm all for buying newest Block70 which is Ferarri even compared to Barak. Since it cost a lot we can buy half of escadrile insted of full one for a start.

No point in buying old F16. God willing, I will fly one in few years

Going for military Academy trial this summer and if I graduate, gonna apply for Pilot Program one day.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information