PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Sleep Paralysis: Demons in the Bedroom - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep Paralysis: Demons in the Bedroom

Banned
    Last Online
    04-10-2021 @ 08:05 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,951
    Given: 5,518

1 Not allowed!

Experienced many times when I was younger but learned to control and stop it. There was a thread where I explained in more details.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 AM
    Ethnicity
    ---
    Country
    Belgium
    Y-DNA
    R-CTS241
    mtDNA
    K1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,954
    Given: 11,668

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    Try to imagine that you can't move/speak/scream, your spirit isn't even in your body... and a demonic bitch doesn't want to allow to your "spirit" go back into your body... blah.
    Has happened to me many times...
    You were playing with witchcraft when you were a little girl, and you prolly summoned a demon in the process.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-29-2023 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,082
    Given: 2,784

1 Not allowed!

Happened once to me too after having "smoked" ,I couldn't move until I did it somehow with my will,scary indeed.
    I also had something like a lucid dream/semi-awake sleep once back then where I was aware that I'm sleeping in my bed but at the same time I was walking on the moon felt like I would be shallowed by something If I let myself there so I woke up moving body parts trying to come back to earth,I regretted it..

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

0 Not allowed!

Nope, but I used to have lucid dreaming when I was younger which allowed me to stop bad dreams. I haven't had a nightmare in like 10 years.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    Try to imagine that you can't move/speak/scream, your spirit isn't even in your body... and a demonic bitch doesn't want to allow to your "spirit" go back into your body... blah.
    Has happened to me many times...
    This sounds like astral projection gone bad.

Inactive
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Country
    North-Korea
    Y-DNA
    I2a1b-PH908
    mtDNA
    J2b1
    Taxonomy
    Alpinid
    Hero
    Jake Gyllenhaal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,113
    Given: 10,158

0 Not allowed!

I had this like once a week up until recently when I quit my midday nap. I also used to lucid dream a lot and I would like to get back into it.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,415
    Given: 28,902

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by SonicYouth View Post
    Ever feel you're paralyzed in your sleep? And an evil presence is by your bed?

I've always experience sleep paralysis since I was a child. It is one of the scariest things ever... Whenever this happens to me, I just struggle to move until I can. Like many who have sleep paralysis, I also have "hypnagogic hallucinations" that I'm being attacked. It's not a serious condition, but it can be very disturbing.

Has it ever happened to you?

Sleep paralysis is a strange condition when you feel you are awake but cannot move. It happens when you are between the between stages of wakefulness and sleep. It can take some seconds or even several minutes before you are able to speak.

You go to bed and fall asleep, but instead of waking up peacefully in the morning, you half wake in the middle of the night. And in the darkness of your bedroom, it slowly dawns on you that you can’t move your body…and that someone, or something, is watching you.

You’re in this state, you realize you can’t move, and you get a very strong sense of presence... You feel certain that there is someone, or something in the room with you and whatever that thing or person is they mean you no good at all. They’re evil, in some cases a pure evil…

If that’s not frightening enough you being to sense there’s something or someone in the room with you – a shadowy figure starts to loom over your body, but you’re powerless to do anything.
    You feel a weight on your chest, pressing you down and preventing you from sitting up. And not only is your whole body paralyzed, but you can’t so much as move your lips to call out for help.
    You’re not sure who or what is pushing on your chest. It’s too dark to see. You just know there’s a presence there. Something strange. Something frightening.

It sounds like the familiar plot of a horror movie. But sadly, these experiences are all too real for people who suffer from sleep paralysis. One can say that you are actually awake in your nightmare.
    If you have ever experienced sleep paralysis, you will know how awkward this condition can be.

Very often these episodes are associated with hallucinations. These might be visual (you might see lights moving around in the room, dark shadows, grotesque monstrous forms); they might be auditory (you might hear footsteps, or voices, or mechanical sounds); they might be tactile (you might feel as if you are being touched, or as if someone is holding you tightly, or as if someone is dragging you out of the bed. Sometimes these can turn into full blown out of body experience.

It's not harmful and should pass in a few seconds or minutes, but can be very frightening.
    Many people have sleep paralysis once or twice in their life, while others experience it a few times a month or more regularly.

Just why or how it happens isn't clear. Researchers believe sleep paralysis is caused by a disturbed rapid eye movement cycle because it mostly happens as people are falling into or coming out of REM sleep. During that stage, their brains normally paralyze their muscles anyway - so they don't act out their dreams. But during sleep paralysis, the sleeper is awake, or half awake, and so is aware he/she cannot move. Sleep paralysis has also been associated with:

- not getting enough sleep (sleep deprivation or insomnia)
    - irregular sleeping patterns – for example, because of shift work or jet lag
    - narcolepsy – a long-term condition that causes a person to suddenly fall asleep at inappropriate times
    - a family history of sleep paralysis
    - sleeping on your back

Clearly, an episode of sleep paralysis can be scary, which has led to some unorthodox theories. Research shows that people in countries as diverse as China, East Africa, Mexico, Newfoundland, and the United States have long believed that paralysis is caused by demons, witches, or other supernatural creatures sitting on their chests and sometimes trying to have sex with them.

Myths and legends about sleep paralysis persist all over the globe. Over the centuries, symptoms of sleep paralysis have been described in many ways and often attributed to an “evil” presence: unseen night demons in ancient times, the old hag in Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, and alien abductors.

Often the experience is accompanied by noises (like loud buzzing), sensations of being dragged out of bed or flying, and difficulty breathing. In fact, some researchers believe sleep paralysis is what's really going on with stories of alien abductions.
    My daughter has this and she also sleep walked although she appears to have grown out of the sleep walking.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,274
    Given: 8,187

0 Not allowed!

I was pretty sure, this would be a Loki’s thread.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-21-2019 @ 12:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 26

0 Not allowed!

Happens all the time. Demons are my friends. I even know their names.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Ethnicity
    Midwestern Trash
    Ancestry
    Across Northern Europe with a sprinkle of Med
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L365
    mtDNA
    N1b1b, H3(P)
    Hero
    The Christ
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,473
    Given: 5,990

3 Not allowed!

I’ve had this many times. Ever since conversion, it has decreased to nearly null, except for a couple of occasions after some sinful backsliding.

Demons (whether nephilim or fallen angels) gain power into people’s lives through willful sin- this includes the repentant.
    "3:16 For YHWH so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.."

#GodWins

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information