Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What's the minimum qualification required for Aliyah?

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,068
    Given: 39,632

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
    black israelites may disagree with you guys
    But they are like the Creativity movement and Scientology; who actually listens to them .

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,279
    Given: 39,691

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    They seem to be Christian to me, without getting into the semantics of it.
    Oh, I agree. And you agree. And the Church agrees. But they don't agree. They see themselves as Jews, despite following Christianity, and spend a lot of their time proselytising to Jews, and can be quite predatory when it comes to Jews with limited education in religion. Their active goal is to convert the Jewish community to Christianity, which obviously is a bad start for inter-communal relationships, but hey ho, you believe in one true path and so on, so I guess I can get over that, but I can't get over their surreptitious, duplicitous nature. To illustrate: near where I live, they write to schools offering to come in and speak to them about what it's like being Jewish (you know how it goes, you're 15, you have to sit through a lecture by some dickhead from community x describing his traditions). They portray themselves as Jews. Their Churches are called 'synagogues,' their priests are called 'Rabbis,' they wear [bad versions of] Jewish garb and ritual wear, they openly present themselves as Jews and they're simply not. Not religious, not ethnically (most aren't even genetically Jewish, not that it matters), not culturally, not by ideological alignment, not even by kinship. The State of Israel, in a rare instance of doing something that 99% of Jews actually agreed with, considers that even if they're 100% Jewish by blood, a messianic 'Jew' is not a Jew, not entitled to make aliyah, and not part of the community (although messianics still exist in Israel, both new converts and people who made aliyah before that decision, or their descendants).

Essentially, imagine some pantheist mongrel considering himself [your denomination here] and going around insisting to other people that he is in fact [your denomination here] and lecturing them about it, even though his beliefs are 99% identical with [other religious beliefs].

They are an evangelical community and that is what they do. It is not one or two members, it is their community. They inspire nothing in me but disdain. If they chose to be normal Christians that would be great, but they're not.

Who exactly are they working against? Israel or Jews in general?
    1) Spare me the dishonour of suggesting I'd be too offended by yet another anti-Zionist Jewish group
    2) They love Israel in exactly the same way other evangelicals do

I can see why Jews would dislike them from a theological perspective and even reject them as Jews, but I don't see how they're suspicious. They believe Christianity is the fulfillment of true Judaism. That's what all Christians believe as well.
    They're Christians in Jews' clothing (or so they aim for). I have no problem with, f/e, Methodists of Jewish parentage.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Oh, I agree. And you agree. And the Church agrees. But they don't agree. They see themselves as Jews, despite following Christianity, and spend a lot of their time proselytising to Jews, and can be quite predatory when it comes to Jews with limited education in religion. Their active goal is to convert the Jewish community to Christianity, which obviously is a bad start for inter-communal relationships, but hey ho, you believe in one true path and so on, so I guess I can get over that, but I can't get over their surreptitious, duplicitous nature. To illustrate: near where I live, they write to schools offering to come in and speak to them about what it's like being Jewish (you know how it goes, you're 15, you have to sit through a lecture by some dickhead from community x describing his traditions). They portray themselves as Jews. Their Churches are called 'synagogues,' their priests are called 'Rabbis,' they wear [bad versions of] Jewish garb and ritual wear, they openly present themselves as Jews and they're simply not. Not religious, not ethnically (most aren't even genetically Jewish, not that it matters), not culturally, not by ideological alignment, not even by kinship. The State of Israel, in a rare instance of doing something that 99% of Jews actually agreed with, considers that even if they're 100% Jewish by blood, a messianic 'Jew' is not a Jew, not entitled to make aliyah, and not part of the community (although messianics still exist in Israel, both new converts and people who made aliyah before that decision, or their descendants).

Essentially, imagine some pantheist mongrel considering himself [your denomination here] and going around insisting to other people that he is in fact [your denomination here] and lecturing them about it, even though his beliefs are 99% identical with [other religious beliefs].

They are an evangelical community and that is what they do. It is not one or two members, it is their community. They inspire nothing in me but disdain. If they chose to be normal Christians that would be great, but they're not.

1) Spare me the dishonour of suggesting I'd be too offended by yet another anti-Zionist Jewish group

They're Christians in Jews' clothing (or so they aim for). I have no problem with, f/e, Methodists of Jewish parentage.
    I see. So it's the lack of transparency in their presentation of themselves, which I agree is a legitimate complaint. A Christian could argue, biblically, that he is a true Jew, but to do so without providing any of the background for that argument is not very honest. And honesty matters - or should matter - a great deal to someone claiming to be a follower of Jesus.

By the way, I'm not a Christian myself, just to be clear.

A Real Gypsy Pay-off
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Ethnicity
    Tramps and Thieves
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Politics
    Beautifully Divisive and Anti-White Nationalist
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,313
    Given: 59,070

0 Not allowed!

Either 1/4 jew by descendt a grandparent or you are a convert

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-24-2024 @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoEuropean View Post
    I would agree, I don't say it's wrong Christians feel as they do, neither is it wrong for Jews to feel as they do. I think there may be sects like Arian Christianity attempt more inline with Jewish ideas but still not with Jewish law. The qualifications and events surrounding the Messiah from a Jewish point of view would not be fulfilled with Jesus. If you do not follow Jewish law can you ever really be a Jew aside from in name or through genealogy? The same goes for every religion imo. I am not saying anyone is right or wrong, but from what defines things to each is a matter of law and dogma from each respective faith. If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a duck.
    And that's the semantic discussion there. As I said above, a Christian could make a very good case for calling himself a Jew. But your average Joe would be confused by that identification without clarification.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-29-2024 @ 06:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,027
    Given: 5,557

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post

Interesting discussion. One of my good friends is a messianic jew. But not genetically Jewish... baffles me.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-08-2022 @ 01:35 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Anglo American
    Ancestry
    Anglo/German/Dutch/Norse American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Oregon
    Y-DNA
    E-V12
    mtDNA
    T2f1
    Politics
    Right
    Hero
    Evola
    Religion
    Traditionalist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 23,083
    Given: 56,859

0 Not allowed!

The path of righteousness begins and ends with sole fide. As the Lord hung upon the cross, He turned toward the heavens and announced to the world: "It is finished."

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

0 Not allowed!

Still searching for some Jewish heritage.. no luck yet.. will keep trying and keep you posted.
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,279
    Given: 39,691

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    I see. So it's the lack of transparency in their presentation of themselves, which I agree is a legitimate complaint. A Christian could argue, biblically, that he is a true Jew, but to do so without providing any of the background for that argument is not very honest. And honesty matters - or should matter - a great deal to someone claiming to be a follower of Jesus.

By the way, I'm not a Christian myself, just to be clear.
    If you want to see yourselves as one of the inheritors of pre-Christian Judaism, I would obviously disagree, but I don't have a problem with it. However, the word 'Jew' in modern parlance does not mean that, and it is not what they are portraying themselves as. The word 'Christian' already encompasses the belief that the person to whom it applies is an adherent of an ideology that is a (not the) continuation of Judaism so calling yourself Jewish would be both unnecessary and deliberately misleading. In this case they go to efforts to portray themselves as Jews and as I say to convince others that they are Jews. Unlike other Christians they keep a not-so-convincing veneer of Jewish ritual to accompany their fundamentally Christian beliefset. As soon as they stop pretending to be Jews, I have no particular issue with them.

Quote Originally Posted by happycow View Post
    Interesting discussion. One of my good friends is a messianic jew. But not genetically Jewish... baffles me.
    Most of them are like that. Christians who fetishise Jewish 'authenticity.'

I'm sure he's a great person but he's not Jewish in the slightest, he's a Christian who [99 times out of 100: not very well] attempts to practise what he views as Jewish ritual without adhering to any specifically Jewish theology. Nomenclature means nothing - messianics probably don't even realise that Rabbi is a pseudo-meaningless honorific and only Ashkenazim really even call their leaders by that name.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:18 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,946
    Given: 26,474

0 Not allowed!

I think I'm a jew from the lost tribes of israel. Anyone agree?
    [1,] "Sicilian" "5.9572"
    [2,] "South_Italian" "6.0446"
    [3,] "Central_Greek_Thessaly" "6.5577"
    [4,] "Ashkenazi" "7.8232"
    [5,] "Italian_Abruzzo" "7.9589"
    [6,] "Italian_Jewish_Sephardic" "11.6019"
    [7,] "Algerian_Jewish" "11.9957"
    [8,] "Albanian" "12.7787"
    [9,] "Moroccan_Jew" "13.4443"
    [10,] "Tunisian_Jewish" "14.9468"
    [11,] "Libyan_Jewish" "15.3775"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast