Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is there a race which is proner than the others to have depression, anxiety and panic disorder?

Banned
    Last Online
    04-20-2019 @ 06:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Voodoo
    Ethnicity
    Anthropofagist + Ifá Practitioner
    Ancestry
    Jumanji
    Country
    Haiti
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid + some Veddoid (1/128) + Kaffirid (1/555)
    Politics
    Papa Doc
    Hero
    Idi Amin + Kmack
    Religion
    Voodoo
    Relationship Status
    I killed my 4 wives
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,378
    Given: 3,032

0 Not allowed!

Mixed-mutts. Any kind of mixing, race mixing or ethnic mixing. That's why this forum is infested with New Worlders with identity problems.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,285
    Given: 4,691

2 Not allowed!

Whites tend to be more prone to this. Mixed race individuals as well. I don't know what the stats are, but I wouldn't be surprised if East Asians are also prone to certain neurotic tendencies and depression.

Last Online
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by JanRonneus View Post
    I think that is due to social conflict rather than genetics.

Struggling between two different identities.
    This is probably the main reason. So yes, the mixed race suffer the most.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

5 Not allowed!

I think the condition is more recognised and professionally diagnosed in some countries more than in other countries. I think Western nations have much more awareness of the condition and counselling and treatments available than Middle Eastern nations, for example.

In my own nation, it's mostly white people who are diagnosed with the condition. My son is mixed race and he's often happy and is always travelliing around to places. Most of the numerous photos and videos that my son and his dad send to my iphone shows them frequently laughing and smiling together. They're more positive minded and outgoing than myself... often singing and dancing to uplifting music with their friends and relatives and with my son's dad's other kids (his half siblings who also live with their father.)

My son relates to both cultures and he gets the best out of enjoying both cultures. In London, people are very diverse and individualistic rather than having a sheep-herd mentality.

Whenever I visit my son or his dad or join them for meals, they like to cook lots of tropical dishes, listen to loud music, dance a lot, talk a lot and laugh, etc. The last time that I went to visit my son's father was around late November or early December last year... and he cooked a lovely meal for us all, and he wanted me to look at lots of pictures of our son... he has large photos all over the walls of them smiling and camping and doing lots of different activities and going on holidays together with his other kids, etc. They often want me to join in with dancing to their music, but I feel too shy and it's not the music I usally listen to.

I took my son to the Winter Wonderland last December.... we went on fairground and rollercoster rides, went shopping together, etc, and we enjoy eating out together... and I was making lots of video clips of our time together to send to his father's phone... and when I asked my son if I could make a video recording of him standing by some large fountains, he started posing and he was making me laugh. Then I showed him the video and asked him what he thought... and he said it was a 'good job' and he patted me on the back and put his thumb up. Then he wanted me to take more photos and videos of him posing by the fountains... lol. He's very photogenic like his father and likes to pose a lot for the cameras... they have big egos and they're certainly not shy.

I was feeling extremely anxious and worried and panicky before going on a rollercoaster ride with my son last December, and he was reassuring me it would be ok... and I was feeling sick and shaking and trembling after the ride, whereas my son was smiling and he loved and enjoyed the ride. He hugged and comforted me after the ride as he could see I was shaking. I'm never going on a rollercoaster ride ever again, but he said he'd like to go back again another time.

Then several months ago, I decided to show my son's father a thread I'd made on The Apricity on his laptop about his beautiful island - Saint Lucia. He was so appreciative, and he kept politely thanking me and he loved looking at all the beautiful pictures that I'd posted of his original country.... and my son and his Dad's other kids were sitting by my side to look at the pictures on the thread I'd made. Then I showed them a thread I'd made full of pictures of where I grew up and they said it looked lovely, and they want to now visit the south coast of England.

I think white people are generally quieter and more withdrawn and more cynical and pessimistic. Caribbean cultures are very different.... they'll have lots of loud laughter at the dinner table, lots of vibrant dancing, singing, loud talking and laughter, reggae music loudly playing, etc... they're very jovial and lively people. When they greet people in the steet there's a feeling of brotherhood and warmth amongst them. They're also protective of each other. White people (southern English people in particular,) are much colder and more reserved and socially awkward - unless they're drunk. Mealtimes in the English countryside were often quiet when I was a child, and people are more formal and introverted and reserved and serious in my culture.

My father is very cold-hearted, cruel, and mean. I haven't seen him since my childhood as he was abusive and did a lot of bad things... and then he left and moved away to live in Edinburgh, Scotland. My divorced parents are both white and English and they never speak to each other, so I appreciate that I'm able to have a close and relatively good friendship with my son's father who has also been the one to mostly raise our son since he was very little. The two of them are extremely close.

We didn't have any custody battle in court because I passively agreed with my solicitor and in the family court that I wanted him to have legal custody of our son, so the court attendances were friendly and simple and very straight-forward as I had no objections, and I was medicated on sleeping pills and antidepressants.

His father would often arrive with our son to visit me when I was in hospital. I let our son live with his father since he was aged 3 after I was hospitalised with depression and eating disorders when my weight fell a bit low, and he is supportive to me... but I can phone him anytime and he'll offer to help... although I chose to move away and live a separate life from his father, but have kept in contact with both my son and his dad.

He also won legal custody of his other kids that he had with a different female several years after I ended our relationship... and he's a very loving and protective father of all his kids, including his other kids from females he was with before I met him. All six of his sons and daughters are close to him.

He's currently a single father looking after several of his children in his home who now take-up most of his attention and time. He often sounds stressed-out whenever I phone him. It's often very noisy with his other kids in the background, and he's often busy with cooking or shopping or shouting and telliing his kids off, or stopping them from squabbliing over computer games, etc.... but he manages... even though I start to feel stressed and annoyed and want to quickly leave the phone with all the loud noise in the background of his other kids and whenever he starts shouting at them when they're making too much noise, or complaining about things they've done or something else that our son did which made him annoyed. It gives me a headache. Other times when his kids are asleep he sounds much calmer... and will happily talk about our son and about life in general and we also laugh about things together for an hour or so on the phone. He copes fine with the daily stress of being a single father and raising several children by himself.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 04-15-2019 at 04:44 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    North-West European, minor North-Amerindian
    Ancestry
    British Isles (77%) Scandinavia (10%) France (9%) North-Amerindian (4%)
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    I-L233
    mtDNA
    X2b4
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid / Atlantid
    Politics
    Conservative
    Religion
    North-Sea Aesthetic
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,461
    Given: 15,607

1 Not allowed!

Whichever ones are more intelligent.
    Anglo Saxon + Frank (4.336)
    Viking Danish + Frank (4.338)
    Gael + Frank (4.39)
    Anglo Saxon (4.393)
    Viking Danish + Anglo Saxon (4.568)

Banned
    Last Online
    04-18-2019 @ 07:38 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Frankish, Gaelic, Sarmatian, Alemannic, Polan
    Country
    United States
    Hero
    Samir
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 91
    Given: 49

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    I think the condition is more recognised and professionally diagnosed in some countries than in other countries.
    True, just because certain disorders are more diagnosed in some groups doesn’t mean they are actually more prone to have those disorders.

Last Online
    07-31-2022 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    3/8 Hungarian 2/8 Bulgarian 2/8 Romanian 1/8 Croatian
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Taxonomy
    Alpine-(East)Baltid mix +(maybe)Uralid/Turanid admixture
    Politics
    I hate all of them
    Religion
    Freedom lmao
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,619
    Given: 3,546

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rato de Esgoto View Post
    Mixed-mutts. Any kind of mixing, race mixing or ethnic mixing. That's why this forum is infested with New Worlders with identity problems.
    I think that's what happens when their family doesn't teach them about both cultures, languages and they feel lost and not included in any... I find it sad.
    Classify Me !

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...y-or-phenotype

Please vote here ---------------------------------------------------> https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-would-I-pass

Banned
    Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 01:01 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Catastrophy
    Ethnicity
    Tragedy
    Ancestry
    Hell
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Chimera
    Politics
    Anarcho-you-wont-like-it
    Hero
    Louis Antoine de Saint-Just
    Religion
    Atheist, to cut it short
    Relationship Status
    Deactivated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,378
    Given: 1,377

2 Not allowed!

Europeans specially Northerners and French, and East Asians; half-whites are also prone to this because of identification problems.
    I saw a medical show on French television affirming this with anti-depressants consumption statistics as proof, but I'm too lazy to put hands on them.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1a-L260
    mtDNA
    U5a1
    Politics
    Right
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Broken man
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,156
    Given: 2,162

2 Not allowed!

Anxiety disorders highest in West, depression most common in East

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...rticle4445490/

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 04:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

1 Not allowed!

It's been said that Neanderthal genes can make people more prone to it, as well as intelligence, so I'd say whites, jews, and asians

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information