Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you marry a single mum/dad?

Last Online
    02-12-2020 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Cypriot
    Country
    North-Korea
    Taxonomy
    Me: DinaroMed, Pompey: AtlantoMed
    Politics
    Dravidian Nationalist
    Hero
    Mr. G
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,828
    Given: 13,088

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    There is no love, only proofs of it.
    beautiful.
    If you see a post in red font made by my username, that means that it is Pompey's post, not mine.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-22-2023 @ 11:42 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    European
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,772
    Given: 726

0 Not allowed!

I dated a single mother once. I'd prefer not to do it again.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-26-2019 @ 11:06 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hungarian
    Country
    Hungary
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Religion
    Protestant
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,319
    Given: 427

6 Not allowed!

When you young, it's not ''normal'' to want that. You can't relate to other person children, you want your own children and your own family! Young love is selfish and passionate and it's how it is supposed to be.
    I would never be with Stears if he had children from his past !! Never! And for man of his age it is expected to have them. As I wrote, he would have two children (one teenager, other would be starting school) with two different women if they didn't chose not to have them. In that case I would never, ever go on date with him no matter how much I liked him. I couldn't deal and wouldn't want to deal with that.

I wanted my own kids, my own man and my own family, not some strangers kids and to share my man with them. It's selfish but it is natural. World is full of single people, why would I need to sacriface and tolarate man with children who can't give himself to me entirely and probably his exes would be in the picture, bothering etc. I would feel jelaous and unhappy. So I would pass on man in such situation.

But in older age, let's say 40 or 50, when love is less selfish, more understaning and less passionate, I think I would probably think differently.
    What if my husband dies, or we divorce ? I would have no problem to find another single father who has already adult children, who would love my children and I would love his.

When you already had life, and family, it is easier to love ''foreign'' children. People have right to hapiness in middle age too, and in that age most people will have children. In that case, it would not be problem at all.
    But for younger woman who didn't have children yet but wants to have one, dating a man who already has them would be very difficult and in my opinion, unnecessary.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

Not at this point of my life and I certainly wouldn't date a woman with a small child (at any point of my life).
    Not raising other man's kid.
    At a later stadium of my life, if I am divorced/single, I would maybe date a woman if her child is already an independent person and I am truly interested in the mother.
    After not shaving for a while:

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-20-2024 @ 09:00 AM
    Ethnicity
    ᖭི༏ᖫྀ
    Ancestry
    Med
    Country
    Albania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,629
    Given: 10,189

2 Not allowed!

Im thinking if I really loved the man (if my husband had kids before I met him) and the childrens mother is evil and doesnt want them or has passed away, I would probably raise them like they are mine - they are innocent cute kids afterall and part of my husband?
    But I wouldnt put myself in that situation so easily!
    There are many men and women out there who are childless, you would have to be REALLY special for someone to accept it.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Türk
    Ancestry
    Aegean, Inner Anatolia, Transcaucasia
    Country
    Turkey
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,160
    Given: 3,931

0 Not allowed!

No, i wouldn’t. I like children so it wouldn’t be the main problem but his child would already have a mom (real one) so i would feel myself like a second-choice or smth like that idk just imagine that you try to be a mom for a child but you also know that you will never be his/her mom.
    Plus i can’t stand to see his ex-wife regularly. She would like to see her child so my husband would regularly contact her omg i can’t even imagine it so NO WAY

Banned
    Last Online
    03-05-2020 @ 01:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Scandinavian, West African, North and East African, Southern European, Native Brazilian, East Asian.
    Ethnicity
    Swedish/Brazilian
    Ancestry
    61% European, 27% Nigerian/Kenyan, 8% North African, 4% Native Brazilian.
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Stockholm
    Relationship Status
    In an open relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,178
    Given: 3,082

1 Not allowed!

No cuckoldry allowed for this guy here.

Last Online
    06-11-2023 @ 11:05 PM
    Ethnicity
    Other
    Country
    European Union
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,762
    Given: 3,655

3 Not allowed!

Nothing against single dads but I would never date one...nevermind marry him.

First of all, he may not want any more kids, because he already has some of his own. You're kind of expected to balance being childfree but also adoring his kids. If you stick around long enough, you will likely be drafted into helping with the kid (free babysitting, helping around the house, occupying them, etc), but you will get no say in actual decisions. That's for the "real" parents. It is a thankless job.

Also, he will have a huge financial strain. If he does agree to have more children, they may have less in life than if you had chosen to be with a man without children. Additionally, he may not be all that enthused about kids with you because he's been there/done that, but is simply obliging you because it's what you want.

The mum is almost certainly still in the picture. Very rarely do co-parents have proper boundaries. This is extra baggage.

His kid is his top priority and responsibility, he doesn't have freedom or ability to do certain things another person might (you may have to cancel dates because his kid comes first, etc).

Basically, you'll always play second fiddle, you'll never be the person he loves the most.

I know it's silly, but imagine those (albeit, unlikely) scenarios where you and the kid are both drowning and he can only save one. You drown, every time. You will never be the most important person to him.

Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 05:38 PM
    Ethnicity
    White American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,266
    Given: 7,816

0 Not allowed!

My brain says "only if she was financially independent", but my heart and below say "only if she was hot".
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary View Post
    But 2 dicks in the ass is a really cool experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Profileid View Post
    He's ashamed his son is almost 40 years old and only works a few hours a week as a dancing cow.

Resident Gadfly
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Canadian
    Country
    Canada
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,095
    Given: 24,273

1 Not allowed!

No. I don't need a possible #MeToo case and deal with the leftover baggage of what was in her past.

Single moms don't have anywhere to go but down. Their attractiveness automatically tops out at ‘5’ on a scale of 1-10. They can rise no further. This is an example of a situation where women often attempt to fall back on conservative or traditional values once they’ve had their party time.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information