European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,429
    Given: 2,719

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigranes View Post
    His jawline, nose shape are very different from Proto Nordid.

Last Online
    Today @ 03:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Zoomer
    Country
    Germany
    Region
    Donau Schwaben
    Taxonomy
    Subnordid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,282
    Given: 9,865

1 Not allowed!

Proto-nordid

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Oghuz Turkic and Medes Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    No, while a good bunch of Iranians show intermediate traits between Iranid and Corded, this man has a more pan-Indo-european phenotype.
    That type existed among ancient Sarmatians, Scythians, Thracians and even Anglo-Saxons.
    Give the man a Western surname and nobody would be saying Iranid/Irano-Nordid.
    I like your point of view but I disagree and I will explain why. I have noticed some European members here to see any slim Iranian person (facial bone structure visible) and call him/her as pontid, north pontid, atlantid, atlanto med, nordid etc which makes no sense at all. What is the connection between atlantid, atlanto med or nordic with population of Iran ? IE Sintashta originated Iranic groups that formed the modern day Iranid phenotype or identity had no genetic or historical connection to Nordic, Atlantid types of Europe. Yes there can be strong overlaps with Pontid because proto indo Iranid sychtians presence on pontic steppe but nothing beyond that.

I think this major confusion comes from same cranial or mandibular measurements of Atlantid, pontid, Iranid. I posted a thread before on that subject. People see any light haired Iranian and think he is some long lost European in Muslim lands.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...e-measurements

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by NarLFC View Post
    Seriously. The man is clearly North Pontid in appearance or at least something in that neighborhood. I guarantee you that if this Iranid type was given a completely different name, half the Iranians that were classified as such would never be classified as 'Iranid'. The same applies for the Kurds too.
    His cheek bone proportions are not pontid and the nose is more convex. Pontid and Iranid are very close in measurements but this mans nose is tilted towards Iranid, orientalid compared to the concave North Pontid.

At best he can be classified as Irano Nordid

See for yourself

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by meson View Post
    His cheek bone proportions are not pontid and the nose is more convex. Pontid and Iranid are very close in measurements but this mans nose is tilted towards Iranid, orientalid compared to the concave North Pontid.

At best he can be classified as Irano Nordid

See for yourself

I disagree. The Iranian's features are more representative of the latter image than the former. If this man's ethnicity was unknown, there is no way in blue hell anyway would even mention him as an Iranid. As a matter of fact, they would be scoffed at for saying so.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I disagree. The Iranian's features are more representative of the latter image than the former.
    I think you are focusing too much on the skin tone and eye color.

His soft tissue proportions are more tilted towards iranid. His cheek bones fat proportions, convex nose, angular jawline, droopy lower eyelid (orientalid) matches with Iranid compared to european type north pontid. Pontids have bit rounder face, rounder chins, more fat on cheeks. Also they have more straighter lower eye lid (european) compared to Iranid eye shape.

Irano nordoid people like him are basically slightly depigmented Iranid. Slightly means ash blonde, light brown, red haired. Full blonde is hard to find in Iran.

If this man's ethnicity was unknown, there is no way in blue hell anyway would even mention him as an Iranid. As a matter of fact, they would be scoffed at for saying so.
    Same logic can be applied to many people being posted here.

Is this man Iranid to you ? he is fully Persian. I posted him before and thick majority called him Atlanto med.

Depigmented Iranids or Irano nordoid type is rather less known because we do not have morphs and on phenotype websites, its yet not fully defined despite such people being in respectable quantity among persians, kurds in western Iran. Most of the members here are from Europe and I would say many think Iran is some sort of an arab nation. They see any depigmented Iranian and they would start coming up with atlantid, atlanto med, nordic, nordoid, north pontid etc which makes no sense at all.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I think you are focusing too much on the skin tone and eye color.

His soft tissue proportions are more tilted towards iranid. His cheek bones fat proportions, convex nose, angular jawline, droopy lower eyelid (orientalid) matches with Iranid compared to european type north pontid. Pontids have bit rounder face, rounder chins, more fat on cheeks. Also they have more straighter lower eye lid (european) compared to Iranid eye shape.

Irano nordoid people like him are basically slightly depigmented Iranid. Slightly means ash blonde, light brown, red haired. Full blonde is hard to find in Iran.

Same logic can be applied to many people being posted here.

Is this man Iranid to you ? he is fully Persian. I posted him before and thick majority called him Atlanto med.

Depigmented Iranids or Irano nordoid type is rather less known because we do not have morphs and on phenotype websites, its yet not fully defined despite such people being in respectable quantity among persians, kurds in western Iran. Most of the members here are from Europe and I would say many think Iran is some sort of an arab nation. They see any depigmented Iranian and they would start coming up with atlantid, atlanto med, nordic, nordoid, north pontid etc which makes no sense at all.
    That's my point. I don't pay attention to skin or hair pigmentation. My entire focus is on his facial features which don't look typical of that Iranid morph. Unless that Iranid morph is not representative then I don't see how this man is a typical Iranid.

Honestly, if your example is that of a typical Iranid, then Coon was an absolute moron for misrepresenting Iranids.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

That's my point. I don't pay attention to skin or hair pigmentation. My entire focus is on his facial features which don't look typical of that Iranid morph. Unless that Iranid morph is not representative then I don't see how this man is a typical Iranid.

Honestly, if your example is that of a typical Iranid, then Coon was an absolute moron for misrepresenting Iranids.
    Fair enough but I never said this man is Iranid. I classified him as Irano Nordoid. I used Iranid morph to prove my point that his Irano Nordoid features are more closer to his Iranid sibling phenotype compared to north pontid.

We actually lack a proper morph of Irano Nordoid which makes things confusing for people who are not much familiar with Iranid sub types.

Good discussion!

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Fair enough but I never said this man is Iranid. I classified him as Irano Nordoid. I used Iranid morph to prove my point that his Irano Nordoid features are more closer to his Iranid sibling phenotype compared to north pontid.

We actually lack a proper morph of Irano Nordoid which makes things confusing for people who are not much familiar with Iranid sub types.

Good discussion!
    Yes. Btw, how common is this Iranonordoid type in Iran? Which ethnic groups in Iran have this phenotype with the highest frequencies?

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Azeri Turk
    Ancestry
    Qizilbash Turkic
    Country
    European Union
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes. Btw, how common is this Iranonordoid type in Iran? Which ethnic groups in Iran have this phenotype with the highest frequencies?
    Not very common in purest form but still strong numbers. They erupt up mostly mixed with Iranid, Proto-Iranid among western and caspian persians and Kurds. Hence, the hair color gets bit darker. My own beard and eye color is brown to light brown.

If you count all Iranic subgroups then Kurds, Caspian Persians, Oesstians, Nuristani Pashtuns will have the highest % of Irano nordoids.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information