PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Depression and home remedies? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Depression and home remedies?

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

0 Not allowed!

Have you tried taking zinc and magnesium supplements?

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,206
    Given: 15,978

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ford View Post
    Have you tried taking zinc and magnesium supplements?
    No, I will look into this. Thanks

Banned
    Last Online
    01-10-2022 @ 10:54 PM
    Ethnicity
    Weeb
    Country
    United States
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,217
    Given: 2,355

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialsayer View Post
    Yeah I agree with this. I have a problem with starting a hobby and getting all into it and then becoming bored quickly lol
    You need something that will carry you for a long time. A video game that has a lot in it or something like that

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-03-2019 @ 07:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian Turk
    Country
    Netherlands
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,585
    Given: 538

2 Not allowed!

Spend time with people I like, watching Netflix, traveling and visiting other cities,

what also helps me is if I'm being concentrated on my school/study/work. I forgot about the bad things by keeping my mind distracted with more important things. It's honestly a good distraction for me you have to be patient and after a while the 'depression' fades away

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic+Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Irish, British, Norwegian, a little French
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Stockholm
    Y-DNA
    R1b-L21
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1b
    Hero
    David Attenborough
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,673
    Given: 1,433

1 Not allowed!

What significantly helped me was taking some time off to go and travel and do some of the things I'd always wanted to do since I was a child. Sometimes we can get so caught up in the monotony and ceaseless drudgery of everyday life that we forget how to love and appreciate the simple things all around us.

For my part, I didn't have the happiest childhood, I was studying constantly and stressing about my university entrance exams, then I got into university and discovered I hated the course I was studying. I was under pressure from my lecturers, my parents, my friends and my girlfriend at the time, and everything took a massive toll on me. I was 21 at the time but felt as jaded, if not more, than someone three times my age.

I took a few months off and travelled to a beautiful part of the world I'd always wanted to see, and disconnected myself from social media/etc., and lived a simpler existence. I went for hikes, fished, made new friends and enjoyed the beauty of the natural world. And well, I'm fully confident that people will come in and say this sounds stupid: but I can wholeheartedly say that it restored my faith in the basic joys of being alive. It didn't magically make my depression disappear overnight, but it enabled me to fall in love with the basic concept of life once again, and that helped me to take the steps I needed to take in order to apply that basic level of happiness more broadly to the other aspects of my life. I know that my story is quite a specific one and I'm not saying that my advice will work for every single person out there, but my advice would simply be to find something that makes you happy and focus on that for a little while, until your mindset is a little more refreshed.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-08-2021 @ 12:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    --
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,463
    Given: 12,450

1 Not allowed!

I don't know. When i'm busy doing things i like(such as studying, doing things with friends, etc) i forget about depression. But seems like it chase me, doesn't matter what i do.

Sometimes i take some medicines and forget everything around me.

Banned
    Last Online
    10-02-2021 @ 09:55 AM
    Country
    Jamaica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,667
    Given: 5,726

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialsayer View Post
    No, I will look into this. Thanks
    I would also recommend anyone to have their blood tested, as it might reveal other deficiencies that may cause depression. Certain conditions are often temporarily caused by nutrition (or lack thereof), although not all of them, of course.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,289
    Given: 8,206

1 Not allowed!

Although this is a rather tabooized solution, drinking alcohol literally does wonders, when it comes to this stuff. It does come with plenty of downsides aswell though.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by farke1 View Post
    What significantly helped me was taking some time off to go and travel and do some of the things I'd always wanted to do since I was a child. Sometimes we can get so caught up in the monotony and ceaseless drudgery of everyday life that we forget how to love and appreciate the simple things all around us.

For my part, I didn't have the happiest childhood, I was studying constantly and stressing about my university entrance exams, then I got into university and discovered I hated the course I was studying. I was under pressure from my lecturers, my parents, my friends and my girlfriend at the time, and everything took a massive toll on me. I was 21 at the time but felt as jaded, if not more, than someone three times my age.

I took a few months off and travelled to a beautiful part of the world I'd always wanted to see, and disconnected myself from social media/etc., and lived a simpler existence. I went for hikes, fished, made new friends and enjoyed the beauty of the natural world. And well, I'm fully confident that people will come in and say this sounds stupid: but I can wholeheartedly say that it restored my faith in the basic joys of being alive. It didn't magically make my depression disappear overnight, but it enabled me to fall in love with the basic concept of life once again, and that helped me to take the steps I needed to take in order to apply that basic level of happiness more broadly to the other aspects of my life. I know that my story is quite a specific one and I'm not saying that my advice will work for every single person out there, but my advice would simply be to find something that makes you happy and focus on that for a little while, until your mindset is a little more refreshed.
    Thank you for sharing with me.
    Right now I am not in the position to travel like I would like to, but I think I should try and get out more and try something new. Get out of my comfort zone.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Although this is a rather tabooized solution, drinking alcohol literally does wonders, when it comes to this stuff. It does come with plenty of downsides aswell though.
    self medication, my friend. I know this all too well lol

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information