Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tommorow's Children can have any Hair and eye Colour you want them to have

Human Resources Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 10:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,473
    Given: 10,006

1 Not allowed!

Default Tommorow's Children can have any Hair and eye Colour you want them to have

The technology to embryo select for hair/eye colour is available right now, even if clinics are not currently offering this. You can also select for IQ, its currently possible and not even that expensive. https://www.gwern.net/Embryo-selection

How long before gene editing gives anyone's (including non Europeans - who don't even carry recessive genes for light traits) children whatever Hair/Eye Colour whatever they want? Maybe 10 years?

I am sure there will be a market for such technology in some Asian countries

Puts things into perspective for nordicists or obsessives.

Interesting stuff here from Gwern.net:

With genetic predictors of a phenotypic trait, it is possible to select embryos during an in vitro fertilization process to increase or decrease that trait. Extending the work of Shulman & Bostrom 2014/Hsu 2014, I consider the case of human intelligence using SNP-based genetic prediction, finding:

a meta-analysis of GCTA results indicates that SNPs can explain >33% of variance in current intelligence scores, and >44% with better-quality phenotype testing

-this sets an upper bound on the effectiveness of selection: a gain of 9 IQ points when selecting the top embryo out of 10
    the best 2016 polygenic score could achieve a gain of ~3 IQ points when selecting out of 10

-the marginal cost of embryo selection (assuming IVF is already being done) is modest, at $1500 + $200 per embryo, with the sequencing cost projected to drop rapidly

-a model of the IVF process, incorporating number of extracted eggs, losses to abnormalities & vitrification & failed implantation & miscarriages from 2 real IVF patient populations, estimates feasible gains of 0.39 & 0.68 IQ points

-embryo selection is currently unprofitable (mean: -$358) in the USA under the lowest estimate of the value of an IQ point, but profitable under the highest (mean: $6230). The main constraints on selection profitability is the polygenic score; under the highest value, the NPV EVPI of a perfect SNP predictor is $24b and the EVSI per education/SNP sample is $71k [this may actually be worth doing from a financial perspective in terms of net gain!]

-under the worst-case estimate, selection can be made profitable with a better polygenic score, which would require n>237,300 using education phenotype data (and much less using fluid intelligence measures)

-selection can be made more effective by selecting on multiple phenotype traits: considering an example using 7 traits (IQ/height/BMI/diabetes/ADHD/bipolar/schizophrenia), there is a factor gain over IQ alone; the outperformance of multiple selection remains after adjusting for genetic correlations & polygenic scores and using a broader set of 16 traits.

What are your thoughts on such technology?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

i fucked up the thread title because im retard

girls love these guys, imagine how much more girls would love them with natural hair!!!! (probably not any more tbh)

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,206
    Given: 43,748

2 Not allowed!

It says it can only increase the probability of someone being more intelligent, not actually guarantee it. All the same, if gene therapy can eliminate hereditary diseases and conditions then so much the better. It is the bit about altering hair and eye colour that makes me more uncomfortable - only if we lived in a totally non-racist world would such technology be acceptable in my eyes.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    i fucked up the thread title because im retard

girls love these guys, imagine how much more girls would love them with natural hair!!!! (probably not any more tbh)
    Even with light hair (whether dyed or real), East Asian men still look more incel and effeminate than most.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    It says it can only increase the probability of someone being more intelligent, not actually guarantee it. All the same, if gene therapy can eliminate hereditary diseases and conditions then so much the better. It is the bit about altering hair and eye colour that makes me more uncomfortable - only if we lived in a totally non-racist world would such technology be acceptable in my eyes.
    Of course, its all about probability, but the screening ability is improving everyday. Having a child is already a genetic gamble, embryo selection improves your statistical odds re IQ.

Why do you feel hair/eye selection makes you uncomfortable? Why would it be less uncomfortable in a less racist society? In some ways it may kill nordicisim at least insofar as nordicism is based on physical appearances.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellbeaking View Post
    Of course, its all about probability, but the screening ability is improving everyday. Having a child is already a genetic gamble, embryo selection improves your statistical odds re IQ.

Why do you feel hair/eye selection makes you uncomfortable? Why would it be less uncomfortable in a less racist society? In some ways it may kill nordicism at least insofar as nordicism is based on physical appearances.
    Because in a racist world quite a few people, especially those with money and connections, will try to lighten themselves through scientific means to get rid of 'undesirable' traits.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,109
    Given: 58,882

1 Not allowed!

I find it rather scary and unnatural. But maybe it is not really that bad. 200 years ago people died of measles and now there is a default vaccine for such diseases, if we are honest that is also unnatural. A higher IQ increases your chances to success.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 AM
    Ethnicity
    Southasian Hunter-Gatherer
    Ancestry
    Mixed - Multiracial - Multicultural
    Country
    Israel
    Region
    City of London
    Religion
    Christianity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 58,109
    Given: 58,882

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Because in a racist world quite a few people, especially those with money and connections, will try to lighten themselves through scientific means to get rid of 'undesirable' traits.
    That harms no one though and isnt a discrimination. There might be interesting phenotype combinations like more mullatos with blue eyes and blonde hair though. It will be interesting.
    My AncestryDNA autosomal results [yes it is a link click on it]
    “The patriot, like the Christian, must learn that to bear revilings and persecutions is a part of his duty; and in proportion as the trial is severe, firmness under it becomes more requisite and praiseworthy.” ~ Thomas Jefferson, 1805

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Cajun
    Ancestry
    Anglo Cajun
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 24,203
    Given: 15,977

3 Not allowed!

This isn't something I would ever be interested in, I want my children to inherit genes from their father and I.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:04 AM
    Ethnicity
    half Persian, half Siamese
    Country
    Slovakia
    Taxonomy
    meow
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,508
    Given: 4,494

2 Not allowed!

Lol. I predict a lot of depigmented kids popping up among the affluent class of Nordicentric societies such as India and others alike.
    Mark my words.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information