Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

0 Not allowed!

That's true.
    Ceara is in my opinion is mostly a harnizo/castizo state with a big number of look Euro.
    SSA influenced people are a low number... even quadroons and tri-racial are rare.
    Indeed I remember that in the hotel where my parents and me stayed in Fortaleza (we made that trip around 26 years ago, but I remember quite well) I met in the swimming-pool many SSA influenced guys and girls, and they WERE ALL TOURISTS FROM MARANHAO AND PARA.
    Cearenses like those people are not typical.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Erronkari View Post
    That's true.
    Ceara is in my opinion is mostly a harnizo/castizo state with a big number of look Euro.
    Yes, public school

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

1 Not allowed!

Eles eram Tabajaras???
    Probably Tabajaras or Tapebas. They were pretending to be from those tribes, they even danced amerindian dances and do amerindian art, but they are just normal people in look and genetics with normal clothes driving cars and etc. They say they are amerindians just o receive benefits compared with others brazilians.

He dont have Quilombolas in Ceará, but in other states like Maranhao, Tocantins and Bahia quilombola settlements receive benefits from the goverment. At least they look real blacks.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma de Pegasus View Post
    Probably Tabajaras or Tapebas. They were pretending to be from those tribes, they even danced amerindian dances and do amerindian art, but they are just normal people in look and genetics with normal clothes driving cars and etc. They say they are amerindians just o receive benefits compared with others brazilians.

He dont have Quilombolas in Ceará, but in other states like Maranhao, Tocantins and Bahia quilombola settlements receive benefits from the goverment. At least they look real blacks.
    Very intersting!
    I remember when I traveled from Fortaleza to Praia do Cumbuco, and just a pair of kilometers after Caucáia (just after the exit of the urban area of Fortaleza) the guide said that there was a native neightbourhood, but I don't remember if she mentioned if they were tabajaras...
    But we haven't seen the people, because that place wasn't too close to the rode.
    Even, probably, I imagine they are not pure... or who knows....
    But if they are or not, it would be very interesting to meet them, but of course the bus didn't stop enywhere, and it was not necessary, because if I remember well, between Fortaleza and Praia do Cumbuco the distance is not more than 25km I think....

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by luc2112 View Post
    Ceará is white and white/amerindian predominant. States who had slaves are Bahia (white, white/SSA), Maranhăo (tri-Racial), Pernanbuco (tri-Racial).
    Ceara have whites, trirracials, harnizos, castizos, mestizos and some mulatos. The only blacks here are african immigrants, its true haha. Fortaleza has a lot of people from Africa, there is even a city here where african immigrants make like 15% of the population because Lula constructed here an University Called Unilab where the focus is to offer exchange and graduation to African people. An absurd, I know. I cant remember any black cearense, only mulatos. But the state have many trirracials, the african blood clearly exist here, but its lower than the amerindian. Sometimes people talk as only whites and amerindians composed this state. Ceará of all states I know in Brazil, its where I saw less blacks.

Rio Grande do Norte and Piauí are the most similar states followed by Paraíba and Pernambuco.
    But in Paraíba and Pernambuco black people become like 8-10% of the people and pardos tend to more african mainly in Pernambuco, but its still a close state.

Bahia and Maranhao are perceived as very different.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Very intersting!
    I remember when I traveled from Fortaleza to Praia do Cumbuco, and just a pair of kilometers after Caucáia (just after the exit of the urban area of Fortaleza) the guide said that there was a native neightbourhood, but I don't remember if she mentioned if they were tabajaras...
    But we haven't seen the people, because that place wasn't too close to the rode.
    Even, probably, I imagine they are not pure... or who knows....
    But if they are or not, it would be very interesting to meet them, but of course the bus didn't stop enywhere, and it was not necessary, because if I remember well, between Fortaleza and Praia do Cumbuco the distance is not more than 25km I think....
    Im impressed with your knowloged and description! What cities you visited here? In your opinion did you saw many people like me here like a very typical look?

Last Online
    01-05-2024 @ 11:13 AM
    Ethnicity
    CUCARACHA
    Country
    Liechtenstein
    Taxonomy
    CUCARACHA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,395
    Given: 890

0 Not allowed!

I have always though that all north-eastern Brazil has many black admixture. It was the region of the sugar plantations, portuguese and dutch ones, during the colonial era.

Anyway. I have a friend from Fortaleza, I met him while I lived in Italy and he studied un Bologna. I have always known the race differences in Latín America for my mexican experience. But on this case I discovered the opposite that happens un México, where everyone pretends to be white even not being clearly. The case, he defined himself as black. Me and a friend from Murcia were shocked (we the three spended so much time together) because he seamed to be harnizo, not SSA admixture. In that time I was not aware about races and I dind't know this forum, so as the murcian boy and me didn't want to discuss we let it go.

Also thanks to this boy a met a girl (jejejejeje) from Fortaleza too (most of the brazilians studying in Bologna were nordestinos) and she was completely White.
    Last edited by Duffmannn; 05-08-2019 at 08:07 AM.

Last Online
    02-22-2024 @ 03:33 AM
    Ethnicity
    America Southern Cone
    Ancestry
    portuguese, italian, german
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Parana
    Politics
    One that works
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,779
    Given: 208

0 Not allowed!

Ceara have whites, trirracials, harnizos, castizos, mestizos and some mulatos. The only blacks here are african immigrants, its true haha. Fortaleza has a lot of people from Africa, there is even a city here where african immigrants make like 15% of the population because Lula constructed here an University Called Unilab where the focus is to offer exchange and graduation to African people. An absurd, I know. I cant remember any black cearense, only mulatos. But the state have many trirracials, the african blood clearly exist here, but its lower than the amerindian. Sometimes people talk as only whites and amerindians composed this state. Ceará of all states I know in Brazil, its where I saw less blacks.

Rio Grande do Norte and Piauí are the most similar states followed by Paraíba and Pernambuco.
    But in Paraíba and Pernambuco black people become like 8-10% of the people and pardos tend to more african mainly in Pernambuco, but its still a close state.

Bahia and Maranhao are perceived as very different.
    Every Brazilian big city receives Mulattos who migrated to work, compose between 5-15% of the population of big cities, but they are not natives of the region, But you see mulattos in the city.

In Brazil it is easy to know, where there is a relevant Portuguese architecture had slaves. Ceará it is an exception had few slaves.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Im impressed with your knowloged and description! What cities you visited here? In your opinion did you saw many people like me here like a very typical look?
    Oh, it was in 1993, I was 18 at that moment.
    Until that time my parents and me usually traveled Rio and we done some other trips to Guaruja (Baixada Santista, SP), "Floripa", Camboriu, Itapema (SC), and other places of the South and SE (and one time to Brasilia and to Recife, but I don't remember the last trip mentioned because I was 2 years old I think, it's the exeption).
    Well... in 1993 my parents planned to go to the NE and they chose Ceara.
    We spent around 15 days in Ceara as whole, and I remember quite well the trip for a lot of reasons.
    Apart for the beautiful beaches, the very particular landscapes close of the coast with lagoons, the excellent weather (warm but not extremely hot and dry), the nature, the very nice and humble treatment of cearenses with the tourists, and a long etcetera that I can mention.
    I hope to go at least one more time with my wife and children... I wish...

Banned
    Last Online
    05-30-2020 @ 09:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Mutt
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    Right Wing Nationalism
    Hero
    Augusto Pinochet
    Religion
    Catholic
    Relationship Status
    InfamousAngel99´s husband
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 837
    Given: 258

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffmannn View Post
    I have always though that all north-eastern Brazil has many black admixture. Ir was the region of the sugar plantations, portuguese and dutch ones, during the colonial era.

Anyway. I has a friend from Fortaleza, I met him while I lived in Italy and he studied un Bologna. I has always known the race differences in Latín America for my mexican experience. Bit pm this case I discovered the opposite that happens un México, where everyone pretends to be white even not being clearly. The case, he defined himself as black. Me and a friend from Murcia were shocked (we the three spended so much time together) because he seamed to be harnizo, not SSA admixture. In that time I was not aware about races and I dind't know this fórum, so as the murcianos boy and me didn't want to discuss we let it go.

Also thanks to this boy a met a girl (jejejejeje) from Fortaleza too (most of the brazilians studying in Bologna were nordestinos) and she was completely White.
    Hmmm..... I have the impression that people of Brasil don't know about their amerindian admixture (that is logic since is residual). So that man probably applies a one drope rule himself and conclude that his non-part white is negroid. So with the one drope rule himself=!white==black

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information