PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
MEANING OF LIFE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MEANING OF LIFE

Banned
    Last Online
    06-07-2019 @ 02:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 97

0 Not allowed!

Default MEANING OF LIFE

Muslim spoken word. Please I kindly request no hateful comments or you will be ignored. Everyone has their opinion but please make sure it is on topic and related to the video. Thanks.

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    03-06-2020 @ 08:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Antarctica
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,449
    Given: 2,385

1 Not allowed!

Yo

Last Online
    01-30-2024 @ 12:44 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    White
    Ethnicity
    Roma
    Ancestry
    Mustalainen/Finnish Gypsie
    Country
    Sweden
    Region
    Roma
    Taxonomy
    East-Baltid+Gracile Indid
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Relationship Status
    I am single girls
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,722
    Given: 2,806

1 Not allowed!

Yo

Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Illyrians, Thracians
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Kosovo
    Y-DNA
    J2b2-L283
    Taxonomy
    Dinaric
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 75
    Given: 34

2 Not allowed!

Meaning of life to worship some God from a book ? Doesn't sound like any meaning to me. Purely existing to worship such an entity sounds more like slavery and a egoistical god who needs approval. The basis of Islam is absolutely illogical and in general are most religions. The philosophical aspect of Buddhism makes much more sense in this case. He's trying to promote Islam by at the same time trying to criticize humans existing for merely materialistic purposes. I guess searching for some God, being , religion or whatever it may be gives some people some sense of purpose in life that is more than the materialistic aspect, weather what they believe is true or not, a meaning, which I am not gonna try and take away from him. But such a meaning can also be found outside religion such as having a life goal, doing good deeds , doing things that make you happy, helping others, some people turn to sports and fitness, health, others towards spirituality or meditation, others I have seen even become minimalists to reduce the materialistic aspect. Just having a purpose or creating a purpose for yourself. Some people are even drawn towards the teachings of Buddhism over time and it's teaching of mindfulness. Some people even become monks. Some become Stoic and just accept lifes circumstances and just live and let live regardless of what happens.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Meaning of life to worship some God from a book ? Doesn't sound like any meaning to me. Purely existing to worship such an entity sounds more like slavery and a egoistical god who needs approval. The basis of Islam is absolutely illogical and in general are most religions. The philosophical aspect of Buddhism makes much more sense in this case. He's trying to promote Islam by at the same time trying to criticize humans existing for merely materialistic purposes. I guess searching for some God, being , religion or whatever it may be gives some people some sense of purpose in life that is more than the materialistic aspect, weather what they believe is true or not, a meaning, which I am not gonna try and take away from him. But such a meaning can also be found outside religion such as having a life goal, doing good deeds , doing things that make you happy, helping others, some people turn to sports and fitness, health, others towards spirituality or meditation, others I have seen even become minimalists to reduce the materialistic aspect. Just having a purpose or creating a purpose for yourself. Some people are even drawn towards the teachings of Buddhism over time and it's teaching of mindfulness. Some people even become monks. Some become Stoic and just accept lifes circumstances and just live and let live regardless of what happens.
    Well it depends where you want to start? Firstly, you would have to establish the existence of a creator. Now, I can't give you factual tangible evidence for the existence of a creator, however, I can give you reasons as to why I hold the position that a creator exists. Then, I would establish the idea of this creator and what abilities it would have to possess for me to identify it as a creator of this known universe. I would then see if this creator has made any contact with it's creation I. E. Humans. You woukd see the claim of the men that have claimed they have been sent by that creator e.g moses or Muhammed pbut.

On a sidenote, praying is not the only form of worshipping God. The very fact that a person is following its creators guidance is a form of worshipping. Giving charity, Good to your parents, neighbours, not stealing, being faithful etc. Only difference between your guy who you have described and mine is, that my person doesn't ignore its creator. Having belief is not enough, you need to do good by your actions.

In addition, by whose standards are you going by to define happiness? Isn't happiness subjective? I mean, all of the things you mentioned could easily be taken as the opposite of happiness. Materialistic happiness is just merely an illusion of temporary enjoyment of this world. Also Buddhism is not really a religion. It does not involve God nor does it connect you to God, so cannot be classed a religion.

Let me ask what do you believe? There is pretty much two propositions you can go by, the first one being, "The universe has always existed" or " the universe came into existence at some point". There isnt really another variable because all theories boils down to these two propositions.

Now if you are claiming the possibility of a creator existing is impossible, then you would have to back it up with a logical argument that includes proof and reason. You can't prove a creator exists nor can you disprove it. So let's just assume I'm right and you are wrong for the sake of argument... And a creator lo and behold exists. Who cares what you think? Your opinion is merely subjective and comes from social conditioning and is revolved around emotional belief. The fact would be is that a creator exists and the guidance it has provided. Because you see, the Quran is tangible evidence that you can check out for yourself, it exists. So really, it comes down to this: Either a Creator exists or he doesn't.

Now if you start claiming that you do not believe of a creator existing, then I would ask you this... Do you BELIEVE your father is your father? Most people would assume YES without actual tangible proof. Now they are far from being incorrect, but the same standard applies to a creator. How you ask? Well, quite simply, you have perfectly good reasons to believe your father is your biological father without the need of dna testing, e.g. He resembles you, family testemony, you know your mothers faithfulness, etc. So therefore your belief is backed up by valid reasons. Now I will ask you this...is believing that the universe needed a cause and came into existence illogical? Because even according to the leading scientists in the world, theorise that the universe had a beginning...and in fact a first cause must have existed. They just "don't know" what that is... Don't know of the gaps rather than God of the gaps.

The truth is, there is many angles you could approach which you could assess the credibility of Islam. One approach is whether a creator exists or not. Another apporoach is testing the claim of Muhammed pbuh and seeing if a goat herder in the deserts of Arabia was in fact telling the truth. Or the credibility of the miracle he claimed he brought and the guidance it came with, the Quran. As I mentioned Before, the Quran is tangible evidence which exists. So you would have 2 or 3 variables as to where this came from. First one would be, it was man made. Second one, the devil. Or three it was truly from God.

Now, most people would claim its man made, as i think most people would dismiss the idea of it being from Satan except some few naive Christians. Question is... Why? And how? Now, if you are claiming that Muhammed pbuh lied, then you would need some evidence to back up you claim, other than that it's just an weak accusation. Now I know for a FACT most would assume he made up this religion to gain power, wealth and status. But, he was married to the richest woman in Makkah, his family were custodians of the Kaabah (so he had status) and he was known as the "trustworthy one" ( Al amin) for 40 years of his life. Is this the kind of man who would lie? Not only that, but why come down to the people and tell them to stop worshipping idols, stop comitting fornication, stop drinking alcohol among many other things if he REALLY wanted power? I mean, if he was a liar then I mean come on, his motives would be quite obvious, to gain the peoples favour, but instead he was persecuted for 13 years, banished from his home, and all for what? A lie?do you really still think that?
    Last edited by Mikael19; 05-16-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So looking at Muhammed pbuh character and life Before his claim of revelation, I would conclude that he couldn't be a liar. So what's left? He was crazy or delusional. Well again, to claim he was delusional or crazy would need some sources that would suggest he had these problems, but we don't. I mean, after 40 years of knowing somebody, I think you would get a gist if they were a little cuckoo. Not only that, but let's look at the Quran that he brought. Now I'm sure that many of you don't know this, and don't only take my word for it, rather look at unbiased sources, but, when the leaders of makkah who were heavy pagan worshippers heard this man's word that he revealing, they sent the best poets of Arabia to listen what he was revealing. You know what they concluded? It is sorcery. The best poets of the land just came to conclusion that a illetrate man is revealing magic words. Supernatural in other words. And thsts just the grammatical miracle.

Again, you are thinking, "well I'm not an Arab nor speak arabic, so how can I be convinced if I can't understand the miracle?", valid point actually. Well truth is, the grammatical miracle doesnt really apply to you nor me, as we don't understand Arabic, BUT, that's not the only way of checking its validity. I'm sure many of you guys have heard of a falsification test right? Einstein? Theory of relativity? Ring any bells? Well again, the author of the Quran actually gives you TWO falsification Test, first one being...

"And if you are in doubt about what We have revealed (the Quran) to Our worshiper (Muhammad ), then produce a chapter like it, and call your witnesses (supporters and helpers) besides God if you are truthful. And if you do not do it, and you can never do it, then fear the Fire (Hell) whose fuel is men and stones"

.... And the second one..

Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than God, they would have found within it much contradiction. (4:82)

Part 3 coming soon
    Last edited by Mikael19; 05-15-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Just a side note. Here is a quote of Sir George Bernard Shaw, who was an Irish playwright, critic, polemicist and political activist. His influence on Western theatre, culture and politics extended from the 1880s to his death and beyond. He wrote more than sixty plays, including major works such as Man and Superman (1902), Pygmalion (1912) and Saint Joan (1923). With a range incorporating both contemporary satire and historical allegory, Shaw became the leading dramatist of his generation, and in 1925 was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. And this is his opinion on Islam:

Letter to the Reverend Ensor Walters (1933), as quoted in Bernard Shaw : Collected Letters, 1926-1950 (1988) by Dan H. Laurence, p. 305

” I have always held the religion of Mohammed in high estimation because of its wonderful vitality.

It is the only religion which appears to me to possess that assimilating capability to the changing phase of existence which can make itself appeal to every age.

The world must doubtless attach high value to the predictions of great men like me.

I have prophesied about the faith of Mohammed that it would be acceptable to the Europe of tomorrow as it is beginning to be acceptable to the Europe of today.

The medieval ecclesiastics, either through ignorance or bigotry, painted Mohammedanism in the darkest colors.

They were in fact trained both to hate the man Mohammed and his religion.

To them Mohammed was Anti-Christ. I have studied him — the wonderful man, and in my opinion far from being an Anti-Christ he must be called the Savior of Humanity.

I believe that if a man like him were to assume the dictatorship of the modern world he would succeed in solving its problems in a way that would bring it the much-needed peace and happiness.

But to proceed, it was in the 19th century that honest thinkers like Carlyle, Goethe and Gibbon perceived intrinsic worth in the religion of Mohammed, and thus there were some change for the better in the European attitude towards Islam.

But the Europe of the present century is far advanced.

It is beginning to be enamored of the creed of Mohammed.

I believe that if today an autocrat of Mohammed’s caliber assumes world leadership, he could solve all problems of humanity splendidly.

The world will become an abode of peace and happiness.

I predict that tomorrow’s Europe will embrace Islam.”

(End of Sir Bernard Shaw’s letter)

Banned
    Last Online
    03-22-2020 @ 06:58 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Dragon
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1a-M458
    mtDNA
    H6a1b
    Taxonomy
    Cro-Ho-Ho
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,583
    Given: 5,443

0 Not allowed!

Mikael, word of advice for you: In order to convert or simply convince someone you have to be smarter than that someone. So, do you think you're smart enough?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Alright, so let's get back to it now. There are thousands of grammatical miracles within the quran that is just too detailed to look into, especially explaining it to non Arabic speakers. So, let's look at the most famous subject in this forum: SCIENCE and HISTORY.

It's quite obvious. If deemed correct, how could a man in the desert 14 centuries ago guess so many science facts that have only been discovered recently, when even the Greeks, Persians, Indians were incorrect!!

For example the Human Embryonic development in the Quran which can be found here : https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...c-development/

Again, before blindly critisicsing, this work has been backed up by the well known embryologist non Muslim American Dr Keith. L Moore. His testimony is in the link too.

The miracle of iron

And We also sent down iron in which there lies great force and which has many uses for mankind…” (Quran 57:25)

If you were reading this verse in the 7th century or even 17th centhry, you probably wouldn't have thought too much about it. However, now we know according to science, iron is not native to earth, rather it came from space in meteorites.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron

https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...racle-of-iron/

The Big Bang Theory and The expanding Universe

By observing redshifts[2] in the light wavelengths emitted by galaxies, Hubble found that galaxies were not fixed in their position; instead, they were actually moving away from us with speeds proportional to their distance from earth (Hubble's Law). The only explanation for this observation was that the universe had to be expanding. Hubble’s discovery is regarded as one of the greatest in the history of astronomy. In 1929, he published the velocity-time relation which is the basis of modern cosmology. In the years to come, with further observations, the expanding-universe theory was accepted by scientists and astronomers alike.

Yet, astonishingly well before telescopes were even invented and well before Hubble published his Law, Prophet Muhammad used to recite a verse of the Quran to his companions that ultimately stated that the universe is expanding.

“And the heaven We created with might, and indeed We are (its) expander.” (Quran 51:47)

Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?” (Quran 21:30)

In the previous verse, the Arabic words ratq and fataq are used. The word ratq can be translated into “entity” “sewn to” “joined together” or “closed up”. The meaning of these translations all circulate around something that is mixed and that has a separate and distinct existence. The verb fataq is translated into “We unstitched” “We clove them asunder” “We separated” or “We have opened them”. These meanings imply that something comes into being by an action of splitting or tearing apart. The sprouting of a seed from the soil is a good example of a similar illustration of the meaning of the verb fataq.

With the introduction of the Big Bang theory, it soon became clear to Muslim scholars that the details mentioned with regards to the theory go identically hand in hand with the description of the creation of the universe in verse 30 of chapter 21 of the Quran. The theory states that all the matter in the universe came into existence from one single extremely hot and dense point; that exploded and brought about the beginning of the universe, matches what is mentioned in the verse that the heaven and Earth (thus the universe) where once joined together, and then split apart. Once again, the only possible explanation is that Prophet Muhammad had truly received divine revelation from God, The Creator and Originator of the universe.
    https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...g-bang-theory/

The science of modern cosmology, observational and theoretical, clearly indicates that, at one point in time, the whole universe was nothing but a cloud of ‘smoke’ (i.e. an opaque highly dense and hot gaseous composition).[1] This is one of the undisputed principles of standard modern cosmology. Scientists now can observe new stars forming out of the remnants of that ‘smoke’.

Then He turned to the heaven when it was smoke...” (Quran 41:11)

Because the earth and the heavens above (the sun, the moon, stars, planets, galaxies, etc.) have been formed from this same ‘smoke,’ we conclude that the earth and the heavens were one connected entity

https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...n-of-universe/

Here is a link that shows a list of leading scientists comments about the scientific accuracy within the Quran.

https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...in-holy-quran/

The Quran on Deep seas and internal waves

Or(the unbelievers’ state) is like the darkness in a deep sea. It is covered by waves, above which are waves, above which are clouds. Darknesses, one above another. If a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it....” (Quran 24:40)

This verse mentions the darkness found in deep seas and oceans, where if a man stretches out his hand, he cannot see it. The darkness in deep seas and oceans is found around a depth of 200 meters and below. At this depth, there is almost no light (see figure 1). Below a depth of 1000 meters there is no light at all.[1] Human beings are not able to dive more than forty meters without the aid of submarines or special equipment. Human beings cannot survive unaided in the deep dark part of the oceans, such as at a depth of 200 meters.

We can also understand from the following sentences in the previous verse, “...in a deep sea. It is covered by waves, above which are waves, above which are clouds....”, that the deep waters of seas and oceans are covered by waves, and above these waves are other waves. It is clear that the second set of waves are the surface waves that we see, because the verse mentions that above the second waves there are clouds. But what about the first waves? Scientists have recently discovered that there are internal waves which “occur on density interfaces between layers of different densities.”
    https://www.islamreligion.com/articl...nternal-waves/

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey Gorynych View Post
    Mikael, word of advice for you: In order to convert or simply convince someone you have to be smarter than that someone. So, do you think you're smart enough?
    I am not here to convince or convert anyone. I am here to refute the nonsense people sprout out here in this forum. Not only that, but I think spreading hate towards Islam and Muslims has become very normal and popular in this forum, is it wrong for me to address that too? ( which I will later on don't worry )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information