Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 97

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Zmey Gorynych View Post
    Mikael, word of advice for you: In order to convert or simply convince someone you have to be smarter than that someone. So, do you think you're smart enough?
    You have the right to believe anything you want. Just don't come and claim my belief is wrong when you have no substantial reason to back it up( not saying you do just an example).

Historical accuracy in Quran coming up next....

Banned
    Last Online
    06-07-2019 @ 02:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Meaning of life to worship some God from a book ? Doesn't sound like any meaning to me. Purely existing to worship such an entity sounds more like slavery and a egoistical god who needs approval. The basis of Islam is absolutely illogical and in general are most religions. The philosophical aspect of Buddhism makes much more sense in this case. He's trying to promote Islam by at the same time trying to criticize humans existing for merely materialistic purposes. I guess searching for some God, being , religion or whatever it may be gives some people some sense of purpose in life that is more than the materialistic aspect, weather what they believe is true or not, a meaning, which I am not gonna try and take away from him. But such a meaning can also be found outside religion such as having a life goal, doing good deeds , doing things that make you happy, helping others, some people turn to sports and fitness, health, others towards spirituality or meditation, others I have seen even become minimalists to reduce the materialistic aspect. Just having a purpose or creating a purpose for yourself. Some people are even drawn towards the teachings of Buddhism over time and it's teaching of mindfulness. Some people even become monks. Some become Stoic and just accept lifes circumstances and just live and let live regardless of what happens.
    Okay now I would like to address your claim. "the basis of Islam is illogical". Okay well, I would kindly disagree. Why? Well, firstly, God doesn't need our approval nor worship. The nature of God is perfectly explained in such a short verse:

“Say: He, Allah, is One,"
    2. “Allah, the Eternal,"
    3. “He begets not, nor is He begotten,"
    4. “And there is none like unto Him.”

This is explicit enough to show the creation he is separate from them. In addition, why is the basis of Islam illogical? By worshipping God, we attain his guidance. His guidance protects me and my family from the pitfalls of society and life if followed accordingly. In every society there is 5 main poisons that erodes ANY society, these are, drugs, alcholol, sexual immorality, gambling and usery. If I follow the guidance which I believe God has given me, I will never be victims to these poisons, whereas YOU could possibly be. See the difference? If God knows whats best for me, don't you think he would tell us,, instead of leaving it for ourselves to figure it out? That would be an unjust god. Moreover, it's perfectly fine to set yourself goals and achievements throughout your life, Islam promotes that, it also promotes the idea of seeking knowledge from the cradle to the grave. However, we all have a universal goal, which is to obey and worship our creator. Any object on this planet has a purpose based on its existence, and so do we. These goals and purposes to buy a house or get a promotion at your job is just mere consequences of your exisitence in this life.

Funny thing, an atheist went to this Muslim and asked him, "what would you do if you found out there was no god?"

His reply was, "I would still follow the guidance even if there was no god"

In a nutshell, its a win win situation.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Pharaoh
    Pharaoh is a title given to Egyptian rulers in the New Kingdom (not before).
    For centuries it was thought that all Egyptian rulers were referred to as Pharaohs. Actually the Christian Bible insists that Abraham and Joseph interacted with Pharaohs. However modern discoveries show that this cannot be true. Pharaoh is a title given to rulers in the Egyptian New Kingdom, not before.

Before the New Kingdom the word "Pharaoh" meant "Great House" and it referred to the buildings of the court or palace but not to the ruler.

From the Twelfth Dynasty onward, the word appears in a wish formula "Great House, May it Live, Prosper, and be in Health", but again only with reference to the royal palace and not the person.

Sometime during the era of the New Kingdom, Second Intermediate Period, pharaoh became the form of address for a person who was king.

So there were no Pharaohs at the time of Abraham or Joseph. They were just kings. But the Quran didn't do this mistake. The Quran correctly addressed the ruler at the time of Joseph as King, and correctly addressed the ruler at the time of Moses as Pharaoh.

The Egyptian ruler at time of Joseph was a king:

[Quran 12:52] The king said, "Bring him to me, and I will reserve him for myself." And when he spoke to him, he said, "This day you are with us established and secure."

The Egyptian ruler at time of Moses was a Pharaoh:

[Quran 40:26] Pharaoh said, "Let me kill Moses, and let him appeal to his Lord. I fear he may change your religion, or spread disorder in the land."

No mistakes in the Quran.

How could an illiterate man who lived 1400 years ago have known who was Pharaoh and who was not?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Biblical Haman » Qur’ānic Hāmān: A Case Of Straightforward Literary Transition?

https://www.islamic-awareness.org/qu...external/haman

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Defeat of Persian Empire
    In 615 AD, Khusru Parviz of Persia attacked Byzantium (Roman) empire and gained control of Syria, Palestine and North Africa. He ransacked Jerusalem, set fire to the Holy Sepulcher and destroyed numerous cities. The war ended in clear victory for fire-worshippers of Persia.

News of the defeat of Byzantine worshippers of God was received with satisfaction by the idolaters of Mecca. This was grievous to the Muslims and caused them much anxiety about the future course of the events. It was then that a revelation came foretelling the renewed triumph of the Byzantine over the Persians within few years.

These are the relevant verses of Surat Ruum in the Qur’an:

"The Romans have been defeated in a land nearby. But in the future they will triumph over their enemies, within a period of few years. All affairs, both earlier and later, are in the hands of God. And on the day when the Romans triumph, the believers and the followers of Islam will rejoice. God assists to whomsoever He wills, and He is Powerful and Compassionate. This is the promise of God, a promise which can not be violated, but most of the people know not”. (30:1-6).

Within less than 10 years, this Prophecy of the Qur’an was fulfilled in the year 624 A.D. corresponding to year 2 A.H. How can we explain the confident and categorical prediction of the victory of a defeated people over a victorious people, in the absence of any factors pointing to the likelihood of such an event? A realistic approach to the state of society and the course of events would definitely have contradicted this prophesy. The Prophet of Islam foretold a definite military victory at a certain point in the future. How did he know it was going to occur?

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The prophecy of prophet isiah chapter 42

http://www.answering-christianity.com/isaiah_42.htm

Sing to the Lord a new song,
    his praise from the ends of the earth,
    you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it,
    you islands, and all who live in them.
    11 Let the wilderness and its towns raise their voices;
    let the settlements where Kedar lives rejoice.
    Let the people of Sela sing for joy;
    let them shout from the mountaintops.
    12 Let them give glory to the Lord
    and proclaim his praise in the islands.
    13 The Lord will march out like a champion,
    like a warrior he will stir up his zeal;
    with a shout he will raise the battle cry
    and will triumph over his enemies.

14 “For a long time I have kept silent,
    I have been quiet and held myself back.
    But now, like a woman in childbirth,
    I cry out, I gasp and pant.
    15 I will lay waste the mountains and hills
    and dry up all their vegetation;
    I will turn rivers into islands
    and dry up the pools.
    16 I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
    along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
    I will turn the darkness into light before them
    and make the rough places smooth.
    These are the things I will do;
    I will not forsake them.
    17 But those who trust in idols,
    who say to images, ‘You are our gods,’
    will be turned back in utter shame

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The Qedarite Kingdom, or Qedar (Arabic: مملكة قيدار‎, Mamlakat Qaydar), was a largely nomadic, ancient Arab tribal confederation. Described as "the most organized of the Northern Arabian tribes", at the peak of its power in the 6th century BCE it had a kingdom and controlled a vast region in Arabia.[1][2][3][4]

Biblical tradition holds that the Qedarites are named for Qedar, the second son of Ishmael, mentioned in the Bible's books of Genesis (25:13) and 1 Chronicles (1:29), where there are also frequent references to Qedar as a tribe.

Where is Mount sela?

Sela is a mountain in Medina in modern Saudi Arabia. Mount selae in the "District of the Seven Mosques" in city of Medina Municipality in Saudi Arabia.

Which prophet made the kedarites aka arabs rejoice, made the people of sela ( medinah) sing for joy( this is famously known when the Muslims entered madina and were singing), turning back the idolatrous in utter Shame (the pagan arabs) as well as being a warrior (no arguments from anti islamists over here ), and triumph over his enemies. ( if you need reminding, within a short period of time, he managed to concede the Persians and the Romans, the two biggest empires in history).

Just a heads up, I don't need the prophecy in the old testament to solidify my claim that Muhammed pbuh is truly the prophet of God. Its just to show the Jews and Christians, the forthcoming prophet has been mentioned in your own scriptures.

Note: the injeel (gospel) is NOT referring to the new testament that Christians read. It is the gospel given to jesus pbuh. The gospel the Christians have are the gospels of Mark, luke John and Matthew.
    Last edited by Mikael19; 05-15-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

For anyone interested in grammar and linguistics, then I would suggest you watch this video which goes over a few grammatical points within the Quran.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up