Level 80 paladin
    Religion
    álfatrú
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 79
    Given: 98

0 Not allowed!

Default I though I just have unpopular opinion on movies

but, I seem to have found the trigger that makes me hate them.

Every movie and TV series I like - I google, and I can be almost sure they're not American. British, Irish, even New Zealand - but not American.

I just cannot watch American movies. I'd call them "low budget" ones. I'm just not getting why someone would like them. They're basically dumb. The jokes in American comedies are stereotypical amateur jokes. Also, the scripts are so dumb - everything relates to either race, sex or money.

But, more importantly, they are very amateur quality. As if they were forced to make any movie in 10 hours. Such as "Game of Thrones", where threads don't tie to each other, and the way they they present threads unrelated to each other, is even worse - they basically randomly mix in different threads, like commercials. You started seeing that story, you got into it, then it switches to another story. You get into another story, it switches back.

Another thing is Marvel movies. More special effects than in animes, and the amount of special effects alone makes the entire movie feel amateur. Not to mention that it makes it harder to focus on the actual content, and harder to focus on what's happening, because all you see is chaotic special effects. Instead of a gun shooting a bullet, you see some weird animations in the gun, something opens, something ejects, something rotates, laser gun shows up, heats up, then shoots - and the enemy doesn't do any dodge, just observes how the gun is preparing to kill him, and does absolutely nothing to avoid that.

But comedies are the worst. They have jokes at the level of 4-year-old kid, that are dumb and not entertaining at all, and to entertain the audience, they add random laughs in the background. Basically, two characters behaving and talking completely illogical, without any sense, as if they had some problems with cognition, then random laughs in the background, and it's supposed to be funny.

But, those are not all the situations. American movies are just not interesting. I'd rather just listen to the soundtrack, than actually watch them.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-06-2022 @ 05:21 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    NBK
    Ethnicity
    Black Finn
    Country
    Finland
    Region
    Texas
    Taxonomy
    Kylälahtic/Australoid, NEOMORPH
    Politics
    Santeri Alkio
    Hero
    Action Jackson
    Religion
    Steel Eight
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,608
    Given: 1,825

0 Not allowed!

I recommend you try watching The Adventures of Ford Fairlane, it might make you change your mind on American movies.

Thread Information