mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 670
    Given: 688

2 Not allowed!

Default Basic Theory For The Formation Of Proto-Slavs

Serious discussion. No trolling

It hasn’t been the first time something like this was theorized. My feeling is M458 was likely Lusatian originally. Possibly related to Proto-Balto-Slavic and becoming extinct sometime in the Iron Age like many other indo Europeans languages that didn’t survive. M458 has numerous clades that went near extinct in the Iron Age before having demographic booms with the later Proto-Slavic/Slavic migrations.

Milograd/Chernoles have some of the strongest connections to Balto-Slavs and a clear North-East and East spread. Z280 more than any has many clades unifying both Balts and Slavs. There is a clear East to West Cline tapering off further west. I2a1b May have been overtaken at some point by the spread of Z280.

M458 on the other hand has a strong central east European presence with a West to East cline, tapering off further east, including high diversity in East Germany and Poland, and South-West Belarus if I am not mistaken.

The Trzciniec culture is considered to be an Eastern offshoot of Corded Ware and a Balto-Slavic peoples. Eastern Trzciniec roughly corresponds to both Milograd and Chernoles Cultures. The western portion being in the contact zone of Lusatian Culture.

Is it out of the realm of possibility that with the collapse of Lusatian, Western Trzciniec having Lusatian admixture spread M458 eastward, and that the convergence of M458/Z280/I2a1b around the Proto-Slavic Urheimat is what eventually would form Proto-Slavs and spread during the great migration?

Or, similarly, the contact zones between these cultures could have mingled the 3 into what would become Proto-Slavs while the Proto tribes proper fell by the wayside.

Eventually with the development of Church Slavonic spreading through the Slavic tribal regions causing the dissemination/extinction of various Proto Slavic dialects into Common Slavic and the various Slavic languages today?
    Last edited by MagnusDark; 05-19-2019 at 01:47 AM.

Last Online
    03-09-2024 @ 11:12 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White Southerner
    Ancestry
    About 90% Anglo-Celtic with German, French Huguenot, Scandinavian, and nonEuropean admixtures
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Carolina
    Y-DNA
    R1A-M458-L1029-y445
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Politics
    I’m an Agrarian that hates foreign wars, corporate capitalism, communism, and most aspects of modern
    Hero
    William Wallace
    Religion
    I grew up a real Presbyterian, but don’t go to church much anymore
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 163
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

I hope this becomes an interesting discussion. I need to take a more in depth Y chromosome test to figure out when my L1029 line was “Germanized”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Banned
    Last Online
    02-15-2020 @ 07:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PostOak1 View Post
    I hope this becomes an interesting discussion. I need to take a more in depth Y chromosome test to figure out when my L1029 line was “Germanized”.

I am sorry. I didn't see you responded.

You should. They're getting cheaper little by little. If money is an issue, you can always test at FTDNA/YSEQ and under R1a admins guide test the predicted SNPs. What platform did you test with?

I did Full Genomes for the Y. It was 700 at the time but they offered payment plans over the course of 6 months.

Yelite 2.1 may be even cheaper now. But, if you're going to spend the money on BigY, do it on FTDNA. This will be more user friendly with connecting matches. They are also doing their own kind of Ytree like Yfull as well.

It may be like 700 dollars or something. A large amount of L1029 are Germanized Proto-Slavs from the middle ages. Unless you have recent historical Slavic ancestry, its likely Wends that were Germanized in the 5th-6th century. Pending any ancient DNA of course.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White Southerner
    Ancestry
    About 90% Anglo-Celtic with German, French Huguenot, Scandinavian, and nonEuropean admixtures
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Carolina
    Y-DNA
    R1A-M458-L1029-y445
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Politics
    I’m an Agrarian that hates foreign wars, corporate capitalism, communism, and most aspects of modern
    Hero
    William Wallace
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDark View Post
    I am sorry. I didn't see you responded.

You should. They're getting cheaper little by little. If money is an issue, you can always test at FTDNA/YSEQ and under R1a admins guide test the predicted SNPs. What platform did you test with?

I did Full Genomes for the Y. It was 700 at the time but they offered payment plans over the course of 6 months.

Yelite 2.1 may be even cheaper now. But, if you're going to spend the money on BigY, do it on FTDNA. This will be more user friendly with connecting matches. They are also doing their own kind of Ytree like Yfull as well.

It may be like 700 dollars or something. A large amount of L1029 are Germanized Proto-Slavs from the middle ages. Unless you have recent historical Slavic ancestry, its likely Wends that were Germanized in the 5th-6th century. Pending any ancient DNA of course.
    I tested my y chromosome with Nat Geo 2.0 and transferred to FTDNA.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    White Southerner
    Ancestry
    Country
    United States
    Region
    South Carolina
    Y-DNA
    R1A-M458-L1029-y445
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Politics
    Hero
    William Wallace
    Religion
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDark View Post
    A large amount of L1029 are Germanized Proto-Slavs from the middle ages. Unless you have recent historical Slavic ancestry, its likely Wends that were Germanized in the 5th-6th century. Pending any ancient DNA of course.
    My surname is Beam/Boehm/Böhme and my people came from the Saxon Bohemian border area.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-15-2020 @ 07:00 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European
    Ethnicity
    Caucasian
    Country
    United States
    Region
    New York City
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PostOak1 View Post
    My surname is Beam/Boehm/Böhme and my people came from the Saxon Bohemian border area.

You should do y37 at FTDNA. It is the cheaper of the tests. There are alot of German L1029 in the R1a project. I reckon you could match some, and likely know your most probable clade without bigy. Although, I do recommend bigY in the long run so you can upload to yfull.

Alternatively(more theoretical but usually right 9 times out of 10, you can test with ancestryDNA and upload your kit to morely ydna predictor. It should potentially predict a further downstream assignment of L1029. However if you have an unknown founder clade, it could come upto only L1029, or predict a clade downstream near your founder clade but that you're actually negative for(this happened with me).

Banned
    Last Online
    06-01-2019 @ 10:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Ethnicity
    Albanian
    Country
    Turkey
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 5

0 Not allowed!

Your clade is slavic, I couldve told you this for free.
    JFL how you desperately spent almost a grand on genetic tests to prove its not slavic but keep coming up with fantasy maps and theories to cope, they amuse me

Thread Information