I've seen the OP's costumes on that website and quite liked them as far as 'national dresses' go, certainly better than the morris-dancing 'fakelore' national dress in my view (I'm one of those who finds it a bit naff I have to say!).
Certainly it's a step in the right direciton - moving more towards the territory of scots proudly posing as 'tough' in their kilts with its 'highland warrior' mythos !

a nice pictoral 'history of english dress' can be found here, and it includes some diagrams of 'peasant' too wear which is nice (rather than just showing over-the-top king & queen's ceremonial outfits as examples of 'past fasion'!)
Personally I quite prefer the 'simpler' fashions at the start of the history than the exaggerated later styles - the cloaks/capes etc - even if the headress is remincent of the burqua to some I find it quite appealing myself. Norman 'style' was considered more 'simple' and less decorative than anglo-saxon, for what that's worth.

it's about time chainmail made a comeback as well in my view - It could come in useful in certain areas of certain modern cities too