Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    01-29-2024 @ 05:10 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Argentine/Uruguayan Gaucho, South-East brazilian and western cuban looking.
    Ancestry
    Navarrese/Aquitanian/Galician-Portuguese/Sicilian/Ava-Guarani
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Southeast Brazilian looking or Western cuban looking
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,915
    Given: 27,872

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Latinus View Post
    Buenos Aires, like you guys always said, is the most Euro region.

Good work.
    Buenos Aires is the most Euro region of the country.
    But, Buenos Aires the Province, not the City.
    Nowadays 87/89% Euro are porteños who have 3 or 4 grandparents born in Buenos Aires, which is not necessary the most most most common, if we mind that it's a city (and the suburbs too) which always recive people for inner the country.
    But in my opinion AMBA region is close to 80% Euro, indeed one of the studies said that it was 79.9% for the whole people tested (not only with 3 or 4 gp).
    Even though, 80% Euro is very Euro for a city of 15.000.000 inhabitants (including the suburbs).

But as Argentano said and I am totally agree, I'd say that Buenos Aires province (inner the province especially little towns) should be even more Euro.
    For example, there was a study in Luján, a town 60km. from the capital, and the result was 86% Euro of whole the people tested, and I imagine that in many other towns of the province the result would be similar.
    It happens something similar to Rio Grande Do Sul, and the particular cases of Porto Alegre or Pelotas.
    Cities are less Euro than inner the region.
    Even Buenos Aires province is not full of towns of german descendants, there are many families who are still predominantly euro, if not 100% a lot of +90 for sure, many of them italian and basque descendants.
    But the rule is very similar if we compare PA and Pelotas or other cities in RS to the people inner the Estado.
    But sure, for a capital city, is very Euro influenced.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Don Pelayo, Virrey Pedro de Cevallos y Calderón, Juan Manuel de Rosas, Agustín Agualongo
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    I want to add, i wouldnt be suprised if santa fe is more european than buenos aires.They are quite similar in genetic studies.
    I don't think so buddy.
    Or well... probably Rosario would be more Euro than Buenos Aires (CABA), but, inner Santa Fe province I think it could be less euro than pueblitos of Buenos Aires Province.
    Even I could be wrong of course.... but it's only what I suspect...

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Something i found interesting while doing this charts is how consistent some results are. For example Cuyo. The Mendoza, San Juan, La Rioja , San Luis and Center west grandparents results are all very similar and that area is mostly colonial. Northeast seems to be similar to this region also. Pampean regions are also all quite similar.
    Oh I forgot to say something...
    I thought that Mendoza was more Euro than other provinces of Cuyo Region, because it's a province which recived a lot of immigrants from Spain and north Italy.
    But I think that you showed me a map, which suggest that San Juan recived many spanish people after the colonial times, not in big migration waves but progressively.
    And we can't forget that San Juan (less than La Rioja and Catamarca though) recived a good number of arab immigrants, which descendants are not present only in the capital city but also in Calingasta, Valle Fértil, Villa Tulum, etc.
    But I imagined that Mendoza would score close to 70% Euro, indeed I don't perceived many differences between mendocinos and people from the center and center/east of the country... very similar, and I went there in 2016...

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Erronkari View Post
    Buenos Aires is the most Euro region of the country.
    But, Buenos Aires the Province, not the City.
    Nowadays 87/89% Euro are porteños who have 3 or 4 grandparents born in Buenos Aires, which is not necessary the most most most common, if we mind that it's a city (and the suburbs too) which always recive people for inner the country.
    But in my opinion AMBA region is close to 80% Euro, indeed one of the studies said that it was 79.9% for the whole people tested (not only with 3 or 4 gp).
    Even though, 80% Euro is very Euro for a city of 15.000.000 inhabitants (including the suburbs).

But as Argentano said and I am totally agree, I'd say that Buenos Aires province (inner the province especially little towns) should be even more Euro.
    For example, there was a study in Luján, a town 60km. from the capital, and the result was 86% Euro of whole the people tested, and I imagine that in many other towns of the province the result would be similar.
    It happens something similar to Rio Grande Do Sul, and the particular cases of Porto Alegre or Pelotas.
    Cities are less Euro than inner the region.
    Even Buenos Aires province is not full of towns of german descendants, there are many families who are still predominantly euro, if not 100% a lot of +90 for sure, many of them italian and basque descendants.
    But the rule is very similar if we compare PA and Pelotas or other cities in RS to the people inner the Estado.
    But sure, for a capital city, is very Euro influenced.
    The lujan study is this one. 290 samples from lujan (great buenos aires). The result was

" 88,8% Europa, 8,6 % continente americano, 0,7 % África subsahariano, y 0,7% Asia Oriental"

https://www.cei-ar.org/proyecto
    https://www.lanacion.com.ar/sociedad...tes-nid2234544

Too euro IMO but thats the result.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I thought that Mendoza was more Euro than other provinces of Cuyo Region, because it's a province which recived a lot of immigrants from Spain and north Italy.
    But I think that you showed me a map, which suggest that San Juan recived many spanish people after the colonial times, not in big migration waves but progressively.
    And we can't forget that San Juan (less than La Rioja and Catamarca though) recived a good number of arab immigrants, which descendants are not present only in the capital city but also in Calingasta, Valle Fértil, Villa Tulum, etc.
    But I imagined that Mendoza would score close to 70% Euro, indeed I don't perceived many differences between mendocinos and people from the center and center/east of the country... very similar, and I went there in 2016...

That 2018 study that has samples from La Rioja/San Juan/Mendoza has a regional barplot (individual result) and the result seems homogeneously harnizo. I guess a big study would show a bigger variation in Mendoza because they recieved many europeans. It would be cool to see a bigger study/sample.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I don't think so buddy.
    Or well... probably Rosario would be more Euro than Buenos Aires (CABA), but, inner Santa Fe province I think it could be less euro than pueblitos of Buenos Aires Province.
    Even I could be wrong of course.... but it's only what I suspect...
    Yes anyway we are hilando demasiado fino. The point is that all the pampean region is between 70-85% euro on average.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The lujan study is this one. 290 samples from lujan (great buenos aires). The result was

" 88,8% Europa, 8,6 % continente americano, 0,7 % África subsahariano, y 0,7% Asia Oriental"

https://www.cei-ar.org/proyecto
    https://www.lanacion.com.ar/sociedad...tes-nid2234544

Too euro IMO but thats the result.
    Thank you to correct my numbers and show all them.
    No, no, IMO it's not too Euro, keep in mind that it's an area which is outside the GBA area, and it hasn't recive too much bordering immigrants nor inner immigrants from the NOA and NEA.
    If they do a similar study in La Matanza or in Don Torcuato or José C. Paz, the result should be totally different...
    Well... not a huge difference, but if Euro component would be 73% Euro it would be totally reliable in my opinion.
    Luján could be similar to little towns inner Buenos Aires province like San Miguel del Monte, Chascomús, 25 de Mayo, Maipú, Dolores, General Villegas, Arrecifes, San Antonio de Areco, Pergamino, Chivilcoy, etc., etc.

Mr. Wog is back
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    EEF/Anzick/Clovis
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Argentina
    Region
    Minas Gerais
    Y-DNA
    R1b U152
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Traditionalist/Hispanist
    Hero
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes anyway we are hilando demasiado fino. The point is that all the pampean region is between 70-85% euro on average.
    Hehe I know, I know... but well... we are closer to the reallity than "yesterday".

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Eeste informe bastante completo acerca de la inmigacion a mendoza

http://bdigital.uncu.edu.ar/objetos_.../polmesa06.pdf

Al inicio del período, en plena época de transición hacia el modelo vitivinícola, la importancia de la población extranjera es del orden del 9,4%, protagonizada casi exclusivamente por individuos de nacionalidad chilena (93,8% de los extranjeros
    residentes en la provincia). En 1895 el peso relativo de los grupos extranjeros se ubica en un 13,7%, pero con una presencia mayoritaria de europeos (65,3% del total de extranjeros) que se consolida aún más en el año 1914 en el que la población extranjera crece abruptamente alcanzando una proporción de 31,8% (86,8% del total proviene del Viejo Continente). Los volúmenes de población limítrofe se incrementan suavemente entre 1869 y 1914, pero su peso relativo se ve significativamente disminuido por causa del acelerado crecimiento de los inmigrantes de ultramar

Las principales colectividades europeas presentes en la provincia en ese período son la española, la italiana y la francesa. Estas comunidades aportaron a la provincia sus conocimientos sobre la agricultura y nuevas tecnologías en la elaboración de vinos, lo que favoreció el desarrollo económico de Mendoza y contribuyó a acentuar la atracción que estas tierras ejercían sobre los nuevos migrantes (Lacoste, 2003). En 1895 el contingente más importante era el de los italianos (4148 individuos, 26,1% del total de extranjeros), seguido por los españoles (2751 individuos, 17,3%) y los franceses (2467 individuos, 15,5%). En 1914 esas proporciones varían, al convertirse los españoles en la colectividad europea más numerosa (41.646 individuos, que representan el 47% de extranjeros), seguidos por los italianos (28.646 individuos, 32,4%) y los franceses (2741 individuos, 3,1% del total).
    Esos contingentes estaban principalmente constituidos por individuos jóvenes de sexo masculino, dato que se manifiesta en altas razones de masculinidad: en 1895 la razón de masculinidad total provincial era de 103 hombres por cada 100 mujeres, pero en la población extranjera alcanzaba un valor de 178,7 varones por cada 100 mujeres; mientras en 1914 la razón de masculinidad provincial trepaba a 114,6 varones por cada 100 mejores, y la extranjera rondaba los 161,9 varones por cada 100 mujeres.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Thank you to correct my numbers and show all them.
    No, no, IMO it's not too Euro, keep in mind that it's an area which is outside the GBA area, and it hasn't recive too much bordering immigrants nor inner immigrants from the NOA and NEA.
    If they do a similar study in La Matanza or in Don Torcuato or José C. Paz, the result should be totally different...
    Well... not a huge difference, but if Euro component would be 73% Euro it would be totally reliable in my opinion.
    Luján could be similar to little towns inner Buenos Aires province like San Miguel del Monte, Chascomús, 25 de Mayo, Maipú, Dolores, General Villegas, Arrecifes, San Antonio de Areco, Pergamino, Chivilcoy, etc., etc.

The closer we have so far is the following

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0034695

Individuals from Buenos Aires city were ascertained from two large hospitals, one private (n = 79) and one public (n = 89). Individuals from the private hospital had more European ancestry (80%; 95%CI: 76–85%) compared to individuals ascertained from the public hospital (76%; 95%CI: 72–80%), p = 0.028. To investigate the potential cause for this heterogeneity within the city of Buenos Aires, we determined the association between place of residence and genetic ancestry. Individuals recruited in these hospitals were residents of either the city of Buenos Aires proper, or the immediate surrounding urban areas (urban belts 1 and 2, Figure S1). Even though there was high variance of individual European and Indigenous American ancestry within every urban belt and within the city of Buenos Aires proper (Figure S2), we observed statistically significant differences in the average estimate of European or Indigenous American ancestry across these three regions, in particular, when we compared individuals from the city of Buenos Aires proper and the 1st urban belt to individuals from the 2nd urban belt (p = 0.01) (Table 1). Moreover, the differences in genetic ancestry estimates between the two hospitals in the city of Buenos Aires can be completely explained by the higher proportion of 2nd urban belt residents in the public hospital (19% in the public vs. 11% in the private). When 2nd urban belt residents were removed from the analysis, there were no significant differences in European ancestry between the two hospitals.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information