United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,396
    Given: 6,059

10 Not allowed!

Default Lithuania Recap (by Hrvoje)

Alright, few people have been asking me about trip to Lithuania few months ago and I never wrote something more about it than sentence or two. Tought it may interest some of you.
    Keep in mind this are only my personal impressions, I'm not trying to state facts or claim anything. Any travel account is pretty much subjective and may vary greatly from person to person.

First Impression

I arrived there in wrong time of the year, for a start. I strongly advise you NOT to visit Lithuania during winter, autumn, or early spring. It's fucking cold, gray and sunless, with pretty unpleasant winds from Baltic.
    If I visited around this time or in summer, I'm certain first impression would be less bleak. So I got depressive vibes since arriving to airport. Not that Zagreb is much better in colder months, but if you want to visit Lithuania simply follow weather forecast.

Kaunas and Vilnius

I was based in Kaunas and I can tell you city is pretty nice. It isn't particulary big, but it has well-maintained, historical architecture and Central European vibe. Vilnius (where I was for one day) is even better, and I really recommend it for visit. Lithuanian towns are generally attractive enough, although they are pretty quiet especially Kaunas. But again, it was practically winter.

Landscapes

I didn't visit Baltic coast and I don't think I missed much. Lithuania is pretty boring country from natural point of view, flat as pancake and lacking some natural sights like southern Europe.
    But it's pretty green and calming. Towns and cities make up for lack of interesting landscapes so you shouldn't worry about that.

People

First of all, they look pretty homogenous for me coming from crossroads of central and southeast Europe. Very fair on average, and actually rather tall. No wonder Lithuania is basketball powerhouse. I was very under average (174 cm) height for young Lithuanians and more comparable for Russian minority although they aren't midgets either.
    Lithuanians are very CM/robust, and that suprised me. They look like cross of Danes and Finns, so to speak. Much more robust than southern and eastern Europeans, and many got pretty specific look.
    There are some brunette types but they look unique also, would stick out is southern Europe. Russians look pretty different, at least those I encountered. Less blond, with softer features and more gracile build.
    Russians I seen were either skinny or fat, Lithuanians were more muscular.

They aren't really friendly, especially if they mistake you for ethnic Russian (which happened to me). But they are pretty decent people, won't bother you and after initial reserve they'll warm up to you.
    They drink a lot, similar like we but stronger alcohol. Some older people stared weirdly at me few times, but other than that I encountered no issues. They're just grumpy.
    It's nice to spend time among quieter folk that don't shout or gossip all day long (like in south part of Europe). Lithuanians are pretty chill and it looks like stress free environment to live, but also kind of depressing.

Economy/Infrastructure

Decent. but I expected more. It isn't poor by any means, but it isn't exactly better than Croatia and in some things it's slightly worse. I heard from Lithuanians Estonia is pretty far ahead of them and Latvians, kind of Slovenia compared to Croatia.

GIRLS

I am not some retard like Roosh PUA crew, and I didn't come to Lithuania just for sex (it was a bonus ofc). Some stories how I went there to hire hookers (spread by few weird Serb members) are simply hillarious.
    They say highest amount of models come from Baltic states in percentage compared to population size and I can confirm Baltic girls are generally nice. Little overrated though, just like girls in my own country.

Girls were friendly (much more than dudes), pretty modest and simple - although many drink a lot. They don't behave like whores neither they dress like that. I even met lot of nerdy/tech crazy girl which was kinda cool.
    Russian girls were simply more to my taste tbh (Lithuanians being too blond and too square faced), but they did have more of bitchy vibe and they dressed bit more sexual, so to say. Their men can be happy with what they got.

Final impression

I was happy to go home due to bad weather and cold, but I would like to return in warmer months. Lithuania got lot to offer and especially their cultural and historical heritage.
    Interesting fact I learned: Lithuania used to be largest country in Europe, stretching to Black Sea during it's heyday. It has much more glorious history than many think.

Visit Lithuania mates.

Last Online
    Today @ 07:24 PM
    Ethnicity
    Turkish
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,913
    Given: 2,962

0 Not allowed!

What you mean is that Lithuania is boring as fuck, only worth visiting for sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Dark skin is sign of evilness, every dark skinned country is agressive, full with criminality, violented peoples, most crimes were committed by dark skinned peoples. Many of them are follower of Islam (death cult) to spread the voice of Satan who tainted them that's why their skin is dark as their souls. We whites are descedants of angels (thats why our skin is light), we created the human rights, we ended slavery, we created the modern medical science to save lifes etc etc. Thats why the dark skinned peoples are so jealous for us and they want to destroy everything what the angles created.

Banned
    Last Online
    01-17-2020 @ 06:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Forgot to say younger people speak good English, no issues in communication whatsoever. Lithuanian language is awesome sounding also.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmara View Post
    What you mean is that Lithuania is boring as fuck, only worth visiting for sex.
    I know you're just provoking bro If you're history buff and like good architecture, churches and fucking awesome castles it will be worth a visit just for that.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić View Post
    Alright, few people have been asking me about trip to Lithuania few months ago and I never wrote something more about it than sentence or two. Tought it may interest some of you.
    Keep in mind this are only my personal impressions, I'm not trying to state facts or claim anything. Any travel account is pretty much subjective and may vary greatly from person to person.

First Impression

I arrived there in wrong time of the year, for a start. I strongly advise you NOT to visit Lithuania during winter, autumn, or early spring. It's fucking cold, gray and sunless, with pretty unpleasant winds from Baltic.
    If I visited around this time or in summer, I'm certain first impression would be less bleak. So I got depressive vibes since arriving to airport. Not that Zagreb is much better in colder months, but if you want to visit Lithuania simply follow weather forecast.

Kaunas and Vilnius

I was based in Kaunas and I can tell you city is pretty nice. It isn't particulary big, but it has well-maintained, historical architecture and Central European vibe. Vilnius (where I was for one day) is even better, and I really recommend it for visit. Lithuanian towns are generally attractive enough, although they are pretty quiet especially Kaunas. But again, it was practically winter.

Landscapes

I didn't visit Baltic coast and I don't think I missed much. Lithuania is pretty boring country from natural point of view, flat as pancake and lacking some natural sights like southern Europe.
    But it's pretty green and calming. Towns and cities make up for lack of interesting landscapes so you shouldn't worry about that.

People

First of all, they look pretty homogenous for me coming from crossroads of central and southeast Europe. Very fair on average, and actually rather tall. No wonder Lithuania is basketball powerhouse. I was very under average (174 cm) height for young Lithuanians and more comparable for Russian minority although they aren't midgets either.
    Lithuanians are very CM/robust, and that suprised me. They look like cross of Danes and Finns, so to speak. Much more robust than southern and eastern Europeans, and many got pretty specific look.
    There are some brunette types but they look unique also, would stick out is southern Europe. Russians look pretty different, at least those I encountered. Less blond, with softer features and more gracile build.
    Russians I seen were either skinny or fat, Lithuanians were more muscular.

They aren't really friendly, especially if they mistake you for ethnic Russian (which happened to me). But they are pretty decent people, won't bother you and after initial reserve they'll warm up to you.
    They drink a lot, similar like we but stronger alcohol. Some older people stared weirdly at me few times, but other than that I encountered no issues. They're just grumpy.
    It's nice to spend time among quieter folk that don't shout or gossip all day long (like in south part of Europe). Lithuanians are pretty chill and it looks like stress free environment to live, but also kind of depressing.

Economy/Infrastructure

Decent. but I expected more. It isn't poor by any means, but it isn't exactly better than Croatia and in some things it's slightly worse. I heard from Lithuanians Estonia is pretty far ahead of them and Latvians, kind of Slovenia compared to Croatia.

GIRLS

I am not some retard like Roosh PUA crew, and I didn't come to Lithuania just for sex (it was a bonus ofc). Some stories how I went there to hire hookers (spread by few weird Serb members) are simply hillarious.
    They say highest amount of models come from Baltic states in percentage compared to population size and I can confirm Baltic girls are generally nice. Little overrated though, just like girls in my own country.

Girls were friendly (much more than dudes), pretty modest and simple - although many drink a lot. They don't behave like whores neither they dress like that. I even met lot of nerdy/tech crazy girl which was kinda cool.
    Russian girls were simply more to my taste tbh (Lithuanians being too blond and too square faced), but they did have more of bitchy vibe and they dressed bit more sexual, so to say. Their men can be happy with what they got.

Final impression

I was happy to go home due to bad weather and cold, but I would like to return in warmer months. Lithuania got lot to offer and especially their cultural and historical heritage.
    Interesting fact I learned: Lithuania used to be largest country in Europe, stretching to Black Sea during it's heyday. It has much more glorious history than many think.

Visit Lithuania mates.
    Come on, be honest once! You visited Lithuania only to fuck some hooker as most of "tourists" who coming in Lithuania.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,371
    Given: 31,161

1 Not allowed!

Sounds like Canada

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,998

0 Not allowed!

You only mentioned Lithuanians and Russians, but the largest minority in Lithuania are actually Poles not Russians (who are 2nd), especially in and around Vilnius. Have you seen/met any Lithuanian Poles?

What about your impressions from Kaliningrad? Have you been there too? If I remember correctly you were visiting Lithuania and Kaliningrad.

=====

Valdemar Tomasevski is the political leader of Polish minority in Lithuania:

Spoiler!

^^^
    Apparently he won a seat in the EP once again in yesterday's elections:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_E...n_in_Lithuania
    Last edited by Peterski; 05-27-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

^^^^

Didn't visit Kaliningrad, bad weather played a part. I didn't met any Pole but one or two Lithuanians I hanged out with had some distant Polish heritage.
    They're pretty anti-Slavic in general.

Lithuanian Poles probably look more like Lithuanians than Lithuanian Russians, because lot of Russians moved there during USSR from pretty far away regions.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Melania's boy toy
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Zagreb
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pribislav View Post
    Come on, be honest once! You visited Lithuania only to fuck some hooker as most of "tourists" who coming in Lithuania.
    Dream on boy. You're so delusuional it's funny. It's easier to find prostitutes in Serbia than it is in Lithuania.
    Most people visiting for sex ?

You probably mistaken Litwa for Ukraine.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    04-03-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Ethnicity
    Serb
    Ancestry
    Dalmatia
    Country
    Serbia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,636
    Given: 40

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić View Post
    Dream on boy. You're so delusuional it's funny. It's easier to find prostitutes in Serbia than it is in Lithuania.
    Most people visiting for sex ?

You probably mistaken Litwa for Ukraine.
    There are prostitutes from mostly from Ukraine in one place few km from where I live (kind of bordel). Prostitutes can be find even in Algeria and Iran, nothing weird about that.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,998

0 Not allowed!

Are Lithuanians concerned about being the 2nd most rapidly depopulating country in Europe (after Moldova, before Latvia)?
    Last edited by Peterski; 06-01-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information