South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,131
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Still nothing like Hollywood though, outside certain parts of the world at any rate. Anyway, culturally I'd say the secular and individualistic West is the most distinct from South Asia. Racially I am not sure - South Asians have their own distinct looks but are a hybrid of Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Australoid.
    I don't agree with it in many big city people are really westernized i find African and Hispanic culture more different

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,456
    Given: 11,125

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael19 View Post
    Even the genetic influence can be questioned to some extent. Other than some similarity with indus Valley populations, I don't see any influence between the two populations. Most of the lineages found in afghanistan are R1a, L-M20, G-M201, J2a. South Asian lineages such as H1 are rarely found beyond the Indus. Again, its usually the populations west of the Indus having a genetic influence on populations within the indo sphere.
    When i meant some, i meant with most south asians outside the northwest. Us south indians dont have much to do with afghans. We get anywhere from 40-75% AASI down south depending on caste and tribe.

punjabis are right next to you guys lol with similar haplogroups... and indus valley population isnt small. Punjabis are the third largest group in the subcontinent at 120 million, right after Hindi and Bengali speakers. and close to 2/3 to 3/4 of the population is of upper or middle caste like brahmins, jats, rajputs, khatris, arains, gujjars, etc. Whether its from the west to east or vice versa, i'm not sure but both punjabis and pashtuns had similar origins.

Punjabis, Sindhis, Kashmiris are way closer to you guys than they are to south or east indians as you can see below. AASI is almost the same among punjabis, sindhis, and pashtuns within like 17.5-22.5% range, and the fits are very good as well. Pashtuns and Punjabis get modeled with the same populations, with almost the same percentages for each component. I really dont understand or know what to say if you still think its just SOME similarity lol. Its not just SOME relations you have with indus valley folks. genetically pashtuns are closer to indus valley folks than they are to iranians. Tajiks and other afghans are more iranian shifted i guess.

"Iranian_Persian:Average", (look at the terrible fit. Its almost 5)
    "fit": 4.9731,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 75,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 24.17,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0.83

"Iranian_Persian:Average", ( I used bedouin, which is arab influence. Fit is MUCH better now). Iranians have 30+% arab which is non existent among pashtuns or punjabis.
    "fit": 1.2687,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 51.67,
    "BedouinA": 33.33,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 14.17,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0.83,

"Punjabi_Jat:Average",(Northwest India)
    "fit": 1.8449,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 52.5,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25,
    "Simulated_AASI": 22.5

"UP_Jatt:Average" (West UP, India - only 1 sample but still)
    "fit": 2.4248,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 40.83,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 38.33,
    "Simulated_AASI": 20.83

"Sindhi:Average" (Pakistan)
    "fit": 1.4497,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 62.5,
    "Simulated_AASI": 22.5,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 15

"Pashtun:Average", (Afghanistan)
    "fit": 1.2829,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 56.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 25.83,
    "Simulated_AASI": 17.5

"Yusufzai:Average", (Pakistan)
    "fit": 1.103,
    "Simulated_AASI": 19.17

"Velamas:Average", (South India)
    "fit": 1.9034,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 54.17,
    "Simulated_AASI": 45,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 0.83
    Last edited by Thambi; 05-28-2019 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    If God is an artist, the female form is his masterpiece.

Banned
    Last Online
    02-06-2021 @ 03:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,704
    Given: 5,603

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    Still nothing like Hollywood though, outside certain parts of the world at any rate. Anyway, culturally I'd say the secular and individualistic West is the most distinct from South Asia. Racially I am not sure - South Asians have their own distinct looks but are a hybrid of Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Australoid.
    What about Latinos? After the West, would they be culturally the most distinct from South Asia? Or are they already considered part of the West?

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Culturally, I think it is Whites, Latinos and Black Americans/other New World Blacks (don't know about actual Africans).

Banned
    Last Online
    06-07-2019 @ 02:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 97

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thambi View Post
    When i meant some, i meant with most south asians outside the northwest. Us south indians dont have much to do with afghans. We get anywhere from 40-75% AASI down south depending on caste and tribe.

punjabis are right next to you guys lol with similar haplogroups... and indus valley population isnt small. Punjabis are the third largest group in the subcontinent at 120 million, right after Hindi and Bengali speakers. and close to 2/3 to 3/4 of the population is of upper or middle caste like brahmins, jats, rajputs, khatris, arains, gujjars, etc. Whether its from the west to east or vice versa, i'm not sure but both punjabis and pashtuns had similar origins.

Punjabis, Sindhis, Kashmiris are way closer to you guys than they are to south or east indians as you can see below. AASI is almost the same among punjabis, sindhis, and pashtuns within like 17.5-22.5% range, and the fits are very good as well. Pashtuns and Punjabis get modeled with the same populations, with almost the same percentages for each component. I really dont understand or know what to say if you still think its just SOME similarity lol. Its not just SOME relations you have with indus valley folks. genetically pashtuns are closer to indus valley folks than they are to iranians. Tajiks and other afghans are more iranian shifted i guess.

"Iranian_Persian:Average", (look at the terrible fit. Its almost 5)
    "fit": 4.9731,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 75,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0.83

"Iranian_Persian:Average", ( I used bedouin, which is arab influence. Fit is MUCH better now). Iranians have 30+% arab which is non existent among pashtuns or punjabis.
    "fit": 1.2687,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 51.67,
    "BedouinA": 33.33,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 14.17,
    "Simulated_AASI": 0.83,

"Punjabi_Jat:Average",(Northwest India)
    "fit": 1.8449,
    "Simulated_AASI": 22.5

"UP_Jatt:Average" (West UP, India - only 1 sample but still)
    "fit": 2.4248,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 40.83,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 38.33,
    "Simulated_AASI": 20.83

"Sindhi:Average" (Pakistan)
    "fit": 1.4497,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 62.5,
    "Simulated_AASI": 22.5,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 15

"Pashtun:Average", (Afghanistan)
    "fit": 1.2829,
    "Simulated_AASI": 17.5

"Yusufzai:Average", (Pakistan)
    "fit": 1.103,
    "Simulated_AASI": 19.17

"Velamas:Average", (South India)
    "fit": 1.9034,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 54.17,
    "Simulated_AASI": 45,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 0.83
    I don't buy this at all I'm sorry. Nowadays you have amautuers having an attempt at this and preaching it like it's fact ( no offense to you). Do you really think the difference between jats and pashtuns from afghanistan is 5% aasi?

Pashtun
    "fit": 1.4174,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 61.67,
    "RUS_Sintashta_MLBA": 22.5,
    "Simulated_AASI": 11.67,
    "Han": 4.17
    This is your post form anthroscape.

FinalFlash modelled Pashtuns as 60% burusho, 20% Iran Persian and 10% Azeri dagestan.

Also, Afghan Pashtuns don't live next to punjabis, they are adjacent to other pashtun tribes from pakistan, balochis, kalash and burushos.

Afghan modelled from tajik yaghnobis and burushos

"Tajik_Yaghbobi 55.83%"
    "Burusho 44.17%"
    Last edited by Mikael19; 05-28-2019 at 12:56 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Race wise, I think East asians are the most foreign to us. Their features are the polar opposite to most indians imo. Even black people to my eyes look more similar to east asians than most indians through factors like neotony/smooth skin, epicanthic eyefold and high cheekbones that are common among both. There is a reason why many groups in northeast india and nepal have close to zero south asian. Even california schools for example in bay area where there is a presence of both groups in abundance. south asians and east asians barely are compatible with each other in terms of mixing. They oddly enough become close friends and hangout with each other but you barely see them mixing.

Culture wise, you might be right. It maybe latinos. Ill add westerners in general so that includes white and latinos. Their familial values, aspirations, etc seem quite foreign to me. Adultery is so common in these cultures for example, kids move out from parents' households at a very young age to become independent, etc. I'm not saying one is good and the other is bad, its just that their culture seems very unique to me.
    Interesting. Latinos also move out of their parents' household at a young age?

But yeah I also observed that Latinos and Whites definitely have a lot in common with one another thanks to their Christian religion, Western-oriented values (in the case of Latinos) and very sexually out of control culture including adultery being common which you also listed.

I will also add Black Americans and maybe some New World Blacks into the Western categories in this case (don't know about actual Africans). I think they also have more in common in Whites and Latinos in many things than with Asians.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Southern Greek
    Ancestry
    Southern Greece
    Country
    Greece
    Taxonomy
    Modern human with neanderthal admixture
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,893
    Given: 26,311

0 Not allowed!

Spaniards and french imo.

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    None
    Country
    Ethiopia
    Religion
    Animism
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think in South Asia, South India/Sri Lanka at least culturally have some more in common with SE Asia than with many places to the West of Indus to the point of genetically influencing them. Don't know about North India or the rest of South Asia.

Last Online
    03-29-2024 @ 10:19 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indian
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    L1a1
    mtDNA
    J1
    Taxonomy
    Indo-Brachid + Gracile Indid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,456
    Given: 11,125

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael19 View Post
    I don't buy this at all I'm sorry. Nowadays you have amautuers having an attempt at this and preaching it like it's fact ( no offense to you). Do you really think the difference between jats and pashtuns from afghanistan is 5% aasi?

Pashtun
    This is your post form anthroscape.

FinalFlash modelled Pashtuns as 60% burusho, 20% Iran Persian and 10% Azeri dagestan.

Also, Afghan Pashtuns don't live next to punjabis, they are adjacent to other pashtun tribes from pakistan, balochis, kalash and burushos.
    G25 is known to be the best calculator right now so its all up to you what you want to believe. I think the major reasons why pashtuns and punjabis look different, which they do significantly i'm not denying it at all, but the reasons mainly are environmental and slight mongoloid influence, especially among afghan pashtuns.

"Pashtun:Average", (Afghan pashtuns have Han while jats dont so instead of 17.5, now its 14.17. I forgot to add han, but anyways the difference isn't big. Pashtuns are still closer to jats than to iranians)

this is without penalty (pen=0, used for ancient populations which is the case with the components below, that other one i posted is with penalty, which is modern populations)

"Pashtun:Average" (pen = 0)
    "fit": 0.6318,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 55.83,
    "Simulated_AASI": 14.17,
    "Han": 4.17,

Punjabi_Jat:Average", (pen = 0)
    "fit": 1.8029,
    "Simulated_AASI": 21.67,
    "Han": 0.83,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dna8 View Post
    If God is an artist, the female form is his masterpiece.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-07-2019 @ 02:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    Afghan
    Country
    Switzerland
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + CM
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 160
    Given: 97

0 Not allowed!

G25 is known to be the best calculator right now so its all up to you what you want to believe. I think the major reasons why pashtuns and punjabis look different, which they do significantly i'm not denying it at all, but the reasons mainly are environmental and slight mongoloid influence, especially among afghan pashtuns.

"Pashtun:Average", (Afghan pashtuns have Han while jats dont so instead of 17.5, now its 14.17. I forgot to add han, but anyways the difference isn't big. Pashtuns are still closer to jats than to iranians)

this is without penalty (pen=0, used for ancient populations which is the case with the components below, that other one i posted is with penalty, which is modern populations)

"Pashtun:Average" (pen = 0)
    "fit": 0.6318,
    "TKM_Gonur1_BA": 55.83,
    "Simulated_AASI": 14.17,
    "Han": 4.17,

Punjabi_Jat:Average", (pen = 0)
    "fit": 1.8029,
    "Simulated_AASI": 21.67,
    "Han": 0.83,
    This is what YOU posted on anthroscape bro

Pashtun

Its 11 not 14. A difference between 10% is alot considering jats are the most least south Asian shifted population in South Asia.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/anth...ul-t88416.html

And I know about the fit. But if you look closely my pashtun result and jat result have the same fit.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information