Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

1 Not allowed!

Default Acentos de Mexico

the accents from Mexico are the most beautiful in Latin America
    it has influences from Andalusia and Extremadura, but also influences from Central Spain, and a minority from Northern Spain

Thalia has the neutral Mexico City accent in which is considered the ideal accent of Latin America because it is the easiest to understand, the clearest and most elegant
    Not to mention that, actors from Latin America are required to have this accent if they want to make it far
    According to Charles Carroll Marden, this accent has influences from all parts of Spain and even influences from Portugal

In Tabasco, there are so various accents but this one here is the one that characterizes them
    This accent was made fun of by thousands of Mexicans for how funny/weird they spoke

This one is from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon (there are various accents from that city)

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

This accent is from Mexicali, Baja California (there are two type of accents there)
    skip to 2:08 to hear them

This accent has influences from Andalusia, which in certain areas, they tend to change the CH and turn into an SH

ejemplo: La mushasha tiene osho shiquiyo' (La muchacha tiene ocho chiquillos)

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

the accent of a country person from the state of Michoacan
    this accent was influence by Extremadura peasants/farmers who settled in that state
    I always found this accent very interesting because I have never heard it anywhere else in Mexico or even in Latin America, its pretty unique and very Michoacan (lower class)

Extremaduran rural people also speak like that (of course not identical since Michoacanos developed their own accent but the influences are there)

""Cierre general de las vocales átonas postónicas -o y -e en -u e -i respectivamente: libru, grandi .... Se exceptúan en muchas variedades las palabras utilizadas como interjecciones y los vocativos: se diría "la lechi es branca", pero "¡leche!, a si te callas ya"; o "ya vinu (el) Ramiru", pero "Ramiro, dami essu". El cierre postónico provoca que los pronombres átonos posean dobletes cerrados y abiertos según estén en posición proclítica o enclítica: se dice te miru pero miralti (mirarte)."

Extremaduran numbers

1. unu
    2. dos
    3. tres
    4. cuatru
    5. cincu
    6. seis
    7. sieti
    8. ochu
    9. nuevi
    10. dies
    11. onci
    12. doci
    13. treci
    14. catorci
    15. quinci
    16. diejiséis
    17. diejisiet
    18. diejiochu
    19. diejinueve
    20. venti
    21. ventiunu
    22. ventidos
    23. ventitres
    24. venticuatru
    25. venticincu
    26. ventiseis
    27. ventisieti
    28. ventiochu
    29. ventinuevi
    30. trenta
    40. cuarenta
    50. cincuenta
    60. sesenta
    70. setenta
    80. ochenta
    90. noventa
    100. cient
    200. doscientus
    1000. mil
    2000. dos mil

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Sinaloa accent, there are varies types of course, this one is more from Culiacan, the lower classes tend to talk a lot faster than her though, and they tend to shorten the words a lot as well

as you will notice, Northern Mexican accents tend to sound a lot more "aggressive", they also speak loud as if they are mad and shouting at you

ABF Spy
    Last Online
    02-01-2021 @ 01:47 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Superhuman
    Ethnicity
    Bio Organic Weapon
    Country
    Mexico
    Y-DNA
    T-Virus
    mtDNA
    C-Virus
    Hero
    Alexia Ashford
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,451
    Given: 1,828

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    the accent of a country person from the state of Michoacan
    this accent was influence by Extremadura peasants/farmers who settled in that state
    I always found this accent very interesting because I have never heard it anywhere else in Mexico or even in Latin America, its pretty unique and very Michoacan (lower class)

Extremaduran rural people also speak like that (of course not identical since Michoacanos developed their own accent but the influences are there)

""Cierre general de las vocales átonas postónicas -o y -e en -u e -i respectivamente: libru, grandi .... Se exceptúan en muchas variedades las palabras utilizadas como interjecciones y los vocativos: se diría "la lechi es branca", pero "¡leche!, a si te callas ya"; o "ya vinu (el) Ramiru", pero "Ramiro, dami essu". El cierre postónico provoca que los pronombres átonos posean dobletes cerrados y abiertos según estén en posición proclítica o enclítica: se dice te miru pero miralti (mirarte)."

Extremaduran numbers

1. unu
    2. dos
    3. tres
    4. cuatru
    5. cincu
    6. seis
    7. sieti
    8. ochu
    9. nuevi
    10. dies
    11. onci
    12. doci
    13. treci
    14. catorci
    15. quinci
    16. diejiséis
    17. diejisiet
    18. diejiochu
    19. diejinueve
    20. venti
    21. ventiunu
    22. ventidos
    23. ventitres
    24. venticuatru
    25. venticincu
    26. ventiseis
    27. ventisieti
    28. ventiochu
    29. ventinuevi
    30. trenta
    40. cuarenta
    50. cincuenta
    60. sesenta
    70. setenta
    80. ochenta
    90. noventa
    100. cient
    200. doscientus
    1000. mil
    2000. dos mil
    I got curious and searched Youtube for the "acento extremeño" ... these guys do a parody of it in the beginning of the video, but what caught my attention was when one of them said "asina" instead of "asi" ... I used to associate this with lack of education or even Amerindian influence. I had no idea it came from Extremaduran influence, too.

So I remembered another relatively common word in the Michoacan countryside that I also used to associate with lack of education; "naiden" instead of "nadie". Did a search and came across this http://diccionariovirtualextremadura...os-montes.html

You can hear this old man from Michoacan say "naiden" in min 2:14, but all throughout the video you'll notice they talk the way you described above ("nomas quieru que me heredi el cueru del huevu pa hacermi una bolsita de amuletu" )

Banned
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Awebo View Post
    I got curious and searched Youtube for the "acento extremeño" ... these guys do a parody of it in the beginning of the video, but what caught my attention was when one of them said "asina" instead of "asi" ... I used to associate this with lack of education or even Amerindian influence. I had no idea it came from Extremaduran influence, too.

So I remembered another relatively common word in the Michoacan countryside that I also used to associate with lack of education; "naiden" instead of "nadie". Did a search and came across this http://diccionariovirtualextremadura...os-montes.html

You can hear this old man from Michoacan say "naiden" in min 2:14, but all throughout the video you'll notice they talk the way you described above ("nomas quieru que me heredi el cueru del huevu pa hacermi una bolsita de amuletu" )
    its funny because I use to associated that way of talking with the Amerindian population (we mexicans tend to associate everything with Amerindians )
    I started to get curious about Southern Spanish accents, then I came across an article about an Extremaduran professor who claimed that Mexico had the highest Extremaduran influence in Latin America and that we still use words that they do not use anymore

Then I of course traveled to Andalusia and Extremadura, so I saw/heard first hand how the rural population of those areas spoke, I easily notice the influence of Extremadurans in the way Michoacanos from the lower class speak
    Unlike with other parts of Mexico, where I do notice the Andalusian influence, the Extremaduran influence tends to be very little

Big Time Hustler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano
    Ethnicity
    Mexican National
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,180
    Given: 8,859

1 Not allowed!

Incluso entre el mismo acento del Norte existen sub-acentos.

Perciben alguna diferencia?

Como ejemplo:

El de Nuevo Leon.

El de Chihuahua

La Comarca

Sinaloa

Durango (de la zona serrana)

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlito's Way View Post
    the accents from Mexico are the most beautiful in Latin America
    it has influences from Andalusia and Extremadura, but also influences from Central Spain, and a minority from Northern Spain

Thalia has the neutral Mexico City accent in which is considered the ideal accent of Latin America because it is the easiest to understand, the clearest and most elegant
    Not to mention that, actors from Latin America are required to have this accent if they want to make it far
    According to Charles Carroll Marden, this accent has influences from all parts of Spain and even influences from Portugal

In Tabasco, there are so various accents but this one here is the one that characterizes them
    This accent was made fun of by thousands of Mexicans for how funny/weird they spoke

This one is from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon (there are various accents from that city)
    The tabasqueño player sounds a lot like some of the Central Americans I've met. Also a few of Mexicans I've encounter here sound like that. It would've made sense because some of them come from the southernmost part of Veracruz right next to Tabasco.

ps. I already know how Thalía sounds like. Video of Monterrey is not showing.

Big Time Hustler
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hispanoamericano
    Ethnicity
    Mexican National
    Country
    Mexico
    Region
    Estado de Durango
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,180
    Given: 8,859

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    The tabasqueño player sounds a lot like some of the Central Americans I've met. Also a few of Mexicans I've encounter here sound like that. It would've made sense because some of them come from the southernmost part of Veracruz right next to Tabasco.

ps. I already know how Thalía sounds like. Video of Monterrey is not showing.
    Estos vatos son de MTY.

Daven

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bravado View Post
    Estos vatos son de MTY.

Stereotypical Mexican accent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information