PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
Human Development Index for European Regions - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Human Development Index for European Regions

Banned
    Last Online
    09-04-2023 @ 02:54 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ethnicity
    Spanish paleto culture
    Ancestry
    Castellanos
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Castile and Leon
    Y-DNA
    Castellanos
    mtDNA
    Castellanos
    Taxonomy
    Spanish paleto culture
    Politics
    Preserving Spanish paleto culture
    Religion
    The only one true Christianism is the Spanish Inquisition
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,690
    Given: 23,946

2 Not allowed!

Interesting to debunke some myths like "all Northern European regions are richer than all the Southern European regions" (if we take HDI for richness, something that is not exact IMO).

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano viejo View Post
    Interesting to debunke some myths like "all Northern European regions are richer than all the Southern European regions" (if we take HDI for richness, something that is not exact IMO).
    Indeed. Basque country, and not just it, easily outcompetes most Germanics. And not merely in HDI, but in pretty much everything else aswell.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

2 Not allowed!

1. HDI is not wealth, it's only one factor out of like 5+, nominal GDP per capita best measures wealth.

2. That's not a myth. Almost everyone knows the best regions of Spain and N. Italy are richer than east Germany, I haven't seen one person claim otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    Indeed. Basque country, and not just it, easily outcompetes most Germanics. And not merely in HDI, but in pretty much everything else aswell.
    What in the world are you even looking at? Scandinavian data isn't even there. Even when looking at the OP's post, that is simply wrong. S. Europe has inflated HDI because you guys live longer, Mediterannean diet and less drinking(literally, LE is one of the factors of HDI).

From Germanic regions outside of East Germany, there are only 7(out of 74)poorer than Basque country, and 26(out of 112) if you count England, but England overall is richer than Basque country. The number only slightly rises if you compare to Madrid, but capitals should only be compared to other capitals.

Madrid: 33.8k
    Berlin: 37.9k(64.7k for Germany's richest big city, Hamburg)
    Brussels: 65k
    Copenhagen: 65.9k
    Amsterdam: 56.3k
    Wien: 50k
    Stockholm: 64.7k
    London: 62.8k

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/docume...6-cc6665909c80

Not to mention this is ignoring stuff like government debt(which does increase GDP and spending), of which Spain has much more of than all Germanic countries, and the amount of minorities, of which Spain has the least of.

At most you can say it doesn't follow genetics that Basque country is richer than a lot of France and England, but again, as a whole, France and England are still richer than Basque country, let alone Spain as a whole. I'm not even calling Spain a shithole, it is a first world, extremely developed country(although I don't consider Southern Italy/Greece to be first world), and imo after adjusting for debt northern Iberia is probably richer than N. Italy, but get your facts straight.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Human
    Ancestry
    Castilla (Spain) , Middle eastern (Levant) Azteca Mèxico
    Country
    Great Britain
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,497
    Given: 5,081

0 Not allowed!

North Europe is highly developed. Nordics are master race to make nice civilizations.

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post

At most you can say it doesn't follow genetics that Basque country is richer than a lot of France and England, but again, as a whole, France and England are still richer than Basque country, let alone Spain as a whole. I'm not even calling Spain a shithole, it is a first world, extremely developed country(although I don't consider Southern Italy/Greece to be first world), and imo after adjusting for debt northern Iberia is probably richer than N. Italy, but get your facts straight.
    Southern Italy isn't a country though but a geographical region...

My question is: do you really know what means "third world".

N.Italy is and will always be richer than whole Spain due to many factors and that's an undeniable fact. Milan and smaller cities in the Alpine Lombardy have recently been compared to the best Swiss cities in terms of HDI and wealth.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-11-2023 @ 12:14 AM
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Italy
    Politics
    Centre Right-for economy; anti-racist/anti-discrimination but High cultural/national identity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,787
    Given: 2,516

0 Not allowed!

HDI is the average between GDP per Capita, life expectancy, Education level

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

0 Not allowed!

1. HDI is not wealth, it's only one factor out of like 5+, nominal GDP per capita best measures wealth.

2. That's not a myth. Almost everyone knows the best regions of Spain and N. Italy are richer than east Germany, I haven't seen one person claim otherwise.

What in the world are you even looking at? Scandinavian data isn't even there. Even when looking at the OP's post, that is simply wrong. S. Europe has inflated HDI because you guys live longer, Mediterannean diet and less drinking(literally, LE is one of the factors of HDI).

From Germanic regions outside of East Germany, there are only 7(out of 74)poorer than Basque country, and 26(out of 112) if you count England, but England overall is richer than Basque country. The number only slightly rises if you compare to Madrid, but capitals should only be compared to other capitals.

Madrid: 33.8k
    Berlin: 37.9k(64.7k for Germany's richest big city, Hamburg)
    Brussels: 65k
    Copenhagen: 65.9k
    Amsterdam: 56.3k
    Wien: 50k
    Stockholm: 64.7k
    London: 62.8k

https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/docume...6-cc6665909c80

Not to mention this is ignoring stuff like government debt(which does increase GDP and spending), of which Spain has much more of than all Germanic countries, and the amount of minorities, of which Spain has the least of.

I am glad the work has already been done for me, regarding GDP per capita in PPS.

Definition: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/pr...ets/-/tec00114

Stats: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/news/t...t/regional-gdp

The value of Basque country is higher than that of most regions of Germanic nations.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MinervaItalica View Post
    Southern Italy isn't a country though but a geographical region...

My question is: do you really know what means "third world".

N.Italy is and will always be richer than whole Spain due to many factors and that's an undeniable fact. Milan and smaller cities in the Alpine Lombardy have recently been compared to the best Swiss cities in terms of HDI and wealth.
    Considering technically Lombardy, Veneto, Liguria(from the Alpine regions even more so) Italians are literally very slightly genetically closer to Danes than they are to Italians from Calabria(basically halfway), yes South Italy is absolutely a nation by the Greek definition of nation. I admit phenotypically N. Italians are much closer to S. Italians than they are to Danes, but what I said was absolutely true, I know a lot of you Italians are deniers of the modern findings of genetics, but it's true.

Kingdom of Naples was a country longer than the modern state of Italy was.

Also, Southern Italy not being first world doesn't mean it's third world, there's an inbetween. I didn't say the whole of Spain was richer than N. Italy, N. Iberia might be richer than N. Italy today when adjusted for debt.

Government debt does have a large impact on GDP.

As for what you said about the best Swiss cities, not even close. The best Swiss cantons literally have 3-5x the GDP per capita of a city like Milan, it isn't even close. You're pulling stuff out of your ass, but comparing stuff to Switzerland economically isn't exactly a fair comparison anyway because of their tax haven status and the large amount of rich German, French, Brit, American expats. The last time N. Italy was comparable to north of the Alps was 1600 AD, sorry buddy.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    I am glad the work has already been done for me, regarding GDP per capita in PPS.

Definition: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/web/pr...ets/-/tec00114

Stats: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/news/t...t/regional-gdp

The value of Basque country is higher than that of most regions of Germanic nations.
    Lmao, nice try. As anyone who knows anything about economics already knows, PPP/PPS uses purchasing power parity among citizens, not a total country's GDP divided by population. PPP adjusts for inflation, deflation, differences among prices in countries, taxes, etc. It's a world market, not a domestic one, PPP is not a measure of how rich a country is in comparison to the world. Inflation of prices, currency, prices on goods are different everywhere in the world. It's cheaper to buy a TV or alcohol in eastern Europe, Thailand or Africa than in Norway, this is extremely common knowledge.

According to your logic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Czech Republic, Slovenia, Slovakia are almost as rich as Italy/Spain and straight up richer than Portugal. Everyone knows that is not the case at all, Spain/Italy are atleast 3 times richer than those countries and Portugal twice as rich on the world market. People in Estonia may have more spare money to buy basic goods like food than the Portuguese, but Portugal as a nation is richer per capita, Portuguese citizens, businesses and the government bring in more tax and import/export revenue. PPP is not an indicator of a nation's wealth, nominal GDP is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purchasing_power_parity
    oldschool anthropology

Legio I Minervia – Slayer of barbarians
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italic
    Ethnicity
    Italian (100%)
    Ancestry
    Etruscans and Latins
    Country
    Italy
    Region
    Emilia Romagna
    Politics
    Nat.Conservatism, Chauvinism, Irredentism, Militarism, Imperialism, Mediterraneanism, Germanophobe.
    Hero
    Innocenzo III, Matilde di Canossa, Guido da Landriano, Machiavelli, Ettore Tolomei and others...
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 1,891

0 Not allowed!

Also, Southern Italy not being first world doesn't mean it's third world, there's an inbetween.
    What you think is irrelevant.

Southern Italy counts as Italy and Italy is a 1st W. country in terms of HDI. Period.

As for what you said about the best Swiss cities, not even close. The best Swiss cantons literally have 3-5x the GDP per capita of a city like Milan, it isn't even close.
    I said cities not Cantons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...regions_by_GDP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...cantons_by_GDP

Plus keep in and that Milan is way more populous than most Swiss cities.

"Milan and Lombardy have a 2017 GDP of €400 billion ($493 billion) and €650 billion ($801 billion) respectively. On these accounts, the City of Milan is richer than the U.S. state of Massachusetts and Milan's Lombardy region is slightly wealthier than the world's 19th biggest economy, Switzerland."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Milan

yes South Italy is absolutely a nation by the Greek definition of nation.
    Again, South Italy doesn't count as a country you're mixing apples with oranges like the dishonest guy you are.

Kingdom of Naples was a country longer than the modern state of Italy was.
    The Kingdom of Naples being a nation before modern Italy means nothing. The Kingdom of Saxony or Bavaria were nations before modern Germany was.

The last time N. Italy was comparable to north of the Alps was 1600 AD, sorry buddy.

Well, well, it seems you're pulling stuff out of your ass as well.

I'm sorry for you bud but N.Italy is quite well comparable to North of the Alps in terms of GDP, HDI and wealth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...n_Union_by_GDP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information