Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,021
    Given: 6,623

5 Not allowed!

Default Backlash over proposed 'Straight Pride' Parade in Boston

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/06/...group-planned/

BOSTON (CBS) – Days before Boston’s Pride parade fills city streets, celebrating the LGBTQ community, another parade proposal is causing an uproar on social media. John Hugo is the president of a group calling itself Super Happy Fun America. His goal is to create a straight pride parade.

Hugo explains, “We want people to be aware that there is not only one side of things. There’s a lot of people that are uncomfortable with a lot of things that are going on in our country and they’re afraid to speak up.”

The idea for a straight pride parade is one Mayor Walsh is quick to dismiss.

“Come on, I don’t know what this straight pride parade is all about. I know that we have a pride parade on Saturday and that’s what I’m going to march in,” Mayor Walsh said.

Boston Pride President Linda Demarco says in a statement: “Boston Pride welcomes everyone to march in the Pride Parade this Saturday, June 8th. We know that straight allies of the LGBTQ community are among the thousands of supporters who come out every year to march, observe and celebrate. We are looking forward to seeing our straight friends, family, and neighbors at the Boston Pride parade and festival this Saturday along with members of the LGBTQ community. In the meantime, we are focused on putting on our largest Boston Pride parade ever.”

Hugo says if they do get the go ahead from the city, they’d like to hold the parade the last Saturday of August and it would be the same route as this weekend’s pride parade.

He also says next year he would be open to merging with the Pride Parade.
    Spoiler!

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

5 Not allowed!

Hhahaha

Well the goal of LGBTQ pride is to destroy Straight people, not to support them.

I call it : Protestant Moralism where one group calls for support of their views while isn't willing to support the moral agenda of (in this case Christian values)

Whoever supports LGBTQ he is an enemy of the values developed from religious institutions. So don't expect support from local governors, politicians for they are all Pro-LGBTQ and anti-christian.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-01-2019 @ 09:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    G2a (Oetzi, Pannonian, Roman)
    mtDNA
    D4 (Magyar, Bashkir, Japanese)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 362

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bosniensis View Post
    Hhahaha

Well the goal of LGBTQ pride is to destroy Straight people, not to support them.

I call it : Protestant Moralism where one group calls for support of their views while isn't willing to support the moral agenda of (in this case Christian values)

Whoever supports LGBTQ he is an enemy of the values developed from religious institutions. So don't expect support from local governors, politicians for they are all Pro-LGBTQ and anti-christian.
    People dislike LGBTQ community for personal reasons. I know plenty of Christian churches that mind their business and don't care about it, in fact plenty of Christian supporters out there. I don't like the morality of pride and I don't think it represent most Non Heterosexual people. It's like if someone associate Bosniaks with a group of radical Islamist which let's say some of them are but put a false image on general Bosniak people. So loud talking groups try to make themselves representative while they only represent a few people out there.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ar-Rum, Ottoman, Byzantine
    Ethnicity
    Bosniak
    Ancestry
    25% N.Macedonian, 25% Albanian + 50% Dalmatia Slavic mixed Vlach
    Country
    Bosnia
    Region
    Dalmatia
    Y-DNA
    I2
    mtDNA
    H28
    Taxonomy
    Dinarid + Pontid
    Politics
    Neo-Ottomanism
    Hero
    Tzepeles Komnenos, Mehmed II
    Religion
    Ottoman Islam
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,216
    Given: 5,754

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsaul View Post
    People dislike LGBTQ community for personal reasons. I know plenty of Christian churches that mind their business and don't care about it, in fact plenty of Christian supporters out there. I don't like the morality of pride and I don't think it represent most Non Heterosexual people. It's like if someone associate Bosniaks with a group of radical Islamist which let's say some of them are but put a false image on general Bosniak people. So loud talking groups try to make themselves representative while they only represent a few people out there.
    Here in Bosnia I don't know for any Christian or Muslim who support LGBT people.

Even if someone would support LGBT he would be denounced as non-christian by Christians I know.

Being Anti-LGBTQ is elementary christian value, for God destroyed Sodom and Gomorra because of Homosexuality as an example to christians, jews, muslims as what he thinks about them.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-01-2019 @ 09:48 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hun
    Country
    European Union
    Y-DNA
    G2a (Oetzi, Pannonian, Roman)
    mtDNA
    D4 (Magyar, Bashkir, Japanese)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 546
    Given: 362

0 Not allowed!

Here in Bosnia I don't know for any Christian or Muslim who support LGBT people.

Even if someone would support LGBT he would be denounced as non-christian by Christians I know.

Being Anti-LGBTQ is elementary christian value, for God destroyed Sodom and Gomorra because of Homosexuality as an example to christians, jews, muslims as what he thinks about them.
    There's no quote in the bible which says LGBTQ is evil. People read the bible and make out their mind how they want to view it. Jesus said love your enemies so how is that stand in line with many Christian churches that practice hate and "campaigns" against anyone who stand on a different view. How is that comparable with the executions and murders some Churches did in the past? I guess helping the poor and spread support to people would be much of a higher priority for these churches instead of hate mongering against certain groups or people. But at the end of the day money talks and the Church will follow the policy of those who funds them.

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,021
    Given: 6,623

2 Not allowed!

Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

1 Not allowed!

It's stupidity, indicative of a dying culture, but it's humorous to think of the fits leftists are having over their own ideology being turned on them.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    American
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,865
    Given: 7,349

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsaul View Post
    There's no quote in the bible which says LGBTQ is evil.
    Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them."

One of many.

Banned
    Last Online
    06-13-2019 @ 08:52 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Turkic
    Ethnicity
    Turkish, Circassian
    Ancestry
    Anatolia, Caucasus
    Country
    Turkey
    Politics
    Democrat
    Hero
    Kemal Atatürk
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 107
    Given: 163

1 Not allowed!

Hhahaha

I really didnt expect you to be this ignorant, biased and hateful against a group of people who are no different than you outside of their sexual orientation.

The funny thing is that you "straight" people make this Pride a bigger thing than it really is. For us LGBT members, its very simple. We come together and celebrate. Thats it. Its not about politics or religion like you conspiracy theorists make it out to be. Like we are plotting for world domination or something. Lmao. Dont you understand how stupid you sound?

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Palestine
    Y-DNA
    G-BY205667
    mtDNA
    K1a12a4a
    Taxonomy
    Robust Iranid
    Politics
    🤡
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,027
    Given: 5,557

7 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
    I really didnt expect you to be this ignorant, biased and hateful against a group of people who are no different than you outside of their sexual orientation.

The funny thing is that you "straight" people make this Pride a bigger thing than it really is. For us LGBT members, its very simple. We come together and celebrate. Thats it. Its not about politics or religion like you conspiracy theorists make it out to be. Like we are plotting for world domination or something. Lmao. Dont you understand how stupid you sound?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information