PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 113
The Only Solution to Culture

Thread: The Only Solution to Culture

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

1 Not allowed!

Default The Only Solution to Culture

As we watch our culture become blander and less cohesive, we need to ask the hardest questions, about distraction and entertainment, about the possibility of participation and how this relates to liturgy as the ultimate word of art. From May 2019 Shared Inheritance conference, "Growing in the Likeness of God: Eastern Spirituality in the modern world".

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    04-13-2024 @ 09:33 PM
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Y-DNA
    E-M81 (E1b1b1b)
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,529
    Given: 1,986

1 Not allowed!

People are too materialist on nowadays. It is like there's no rooms to metaphysical world. At my sundays's night when my mom takes a Bible's page to read and talk about with me my brothers, I feel myself great and distant from the daily's stress and hurry. Everybody should dedicate some time to develop a spiritual life. It's great.

Veteran Judicator Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,302
    Given: 8,227

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Catarinense1998 View Post
    People are too materialist on nowadays. It is like there's no rooms to metaphysical world. At my sundays's night when my mom takes a Bible's page to read and talk about with me my brothers, I feel myself great and distant from the daily's stress and hurry. Everybody should dedicate some time to develop a spiritual life. It's great.
    One can adhere to philosophical naturalism and some kind of idealism at the same time. If anything, modern people are overly pragmatic and generally don't care much about any higher concepts, which is indeed unfortunate.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Y-DNA
    E-M81 (E1b1b1b)
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldaris View Post
    One can adhere to philosophical naturalism and some kind of idealism at the same time. If anything, modern people are overly pragmatic and generally don't care much about any higher concepts, which is indeed unfortunate.
    Yes, I strongly agree with you. When you talk about "idealism", are you reffering to religions?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Yes, I strongly agree with you. When you talk about "idealism", are you reffering to religions?
    Not necessarily, but pretty much every religion comes with idealistic views indeed. Strong adherence to some ideals and principles is, however, not exclusive to religion. When I refer to 'idealism', I mean it in opposition to pragmatism, which is a view, that one should be concerned with practical consequences of action only. Idealism on the other hand requires some set of principles and actions are evaluated according to it. For example, as an idealist, I'd refuse to do certain things, even though doing so might be practical for me.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Y-DNA
    E-M81 (E1b1b1b)
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Not necessarily, but pretty much every religion comes with idealistic views indeed. Strong adherence to some ideals and principles is, however, not exclusive to religion. When I refer to 'idealism', I mean it in opposition to pragmatism, which is a view, that one should be concerned with practical consequences of action only. Idealism on the other hand requires some set of principles and actions are evaluated according to it. For example, as an idealist, I'd refuse to do certain things, even though doing so might be practical for me.
    Are you a philosopher? I think the real world (the empirical one) is imperfect. When we create a new ideia on our minds, it is only an ideia (intact and perfect stage). But, when we try to put it into practice (in the real world), we'll always find problems and difficulties. I like Marx's view about theory and practice. Being pragmatic can be a big issue, according to what yout wrote (correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not an expert as you): if I do everything only thinking about the practical consequences, may I hurt others people. What really matters (to me) is what influence and make you do your actions. In fact, the consequences are very important, but what is behind your actions (education, values) is more important. Acting based on principles will make your actions IRL better I think. Sorry if my english is poor. It's hard to me write long phrases.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Half Czech, half Basque
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Region
    Basque Country
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Are you a philosopher? I think the real world (the empirical one) is imperfect. When we create a new ideia on our minds, it is only an ideia (intact and perfect stage). But, when we try to put it into practice (in the real world), we'll always find problems and difficulties. I like Marx's view about theory and practice. Being pragmatic can be a big issue, according to what yout wrote (correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not an expert as you): if I do everything only thinking about the practical consequences, may I hurt others people. What really matters (to me) is what influence and make you do your actions. In fact, the consequences are very important, but what is behind your actions (education, values) is more important. Acting based on principles will make your actions IRL better I think. Sorry if my english is poor. It's hard to me write long phrases.
    I'm not, lol. But I do quite like field, mainly epistemology. You are correct with your points, implementation of certain principles into societies can indeed be problematic. Whether acting based on principles promotes pure well-being depends on the principles in question, but in either case, it would fall under the definition of idealism. Consider this example. Personally, I think of myself as a relatively decent person, but morality as we usually define it, isn't important to me in some ethereal sense, I behave decently (most of the time, anyway) not because I'm bound to a certain code of conduct, but because it is natural to me as a human being. In this regard, I wouldn't label myself as a moral idealist, though I certainly am an idealist in a broader sense, my actual ideals are just a bit different.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Brazilian
    Country
    Brazil
    Region
    Santa Catarina
    Y-DNA
    E-M81 (E1b1b1b)
    mtDNA
    K1a
    Religion
    Roman Catholic
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I'm not, lol. But I do quite like field, mainly epistemology. You are correct with your points, implementation of certain principles into societies can indeed be problematic. Whether acting based on principles promotes pure well-being depends on the principles in question, but in either case, it would fall under the definition of idealism. Consider this example. Personally, I think of myself as a relatively decent person, but morality as we usually define it, isn't important to me in some ethereal sense, I behave decently (most of the time, anyway) not because I'm bound to a certain code of conduct, but because it is natural to me as a human being. In this regard, I wouldn't label myself as a moral idealist, though I certainly am an idealist in a broader sense, my actual ideals are just a bit different.
    Interesting views.

Thread Information