Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    No there is absolutely no truth in it. It was monks from the medieval ages and it was invented. If you look at a dna cluster map look where the Irish cluster. Do you think R1b-L21 is from Egypt? There have been quite a few studies on the Irish especially recently. They are just northwestern Europeans and have most likely not changed much since those Bell Beakers came in the Bronze Age. While exotic origins might appeal there no place for it when discussing genetics. Even before genetic studies were published it was fairly obvious who the Irish share most with just by looking at a dna cluster map. This was obvious back in 2008 with the Novembre map and while studies have come out they all confirm that the Irish are just like their neighbours.

This is the Novembre plot and they still use it today in lectures and genetic studies because nothing has really changed and populations still cluster in the same place.

The only error on this was Slovak who is obviously Jewish so not sure what happened there? I sure there is a explanation somewhere about it but I can't be bothered looking at the minute.

I've always said to people that if you just look at a genetic plot it can tell you a lot already without even reading a study. I do read the studies though because this is what I'm interested in.
    But what era are these reference populations coming from? Modern Admixtures wouldn't be the same as ancient. Not disagreeing, but interested to know who was tested.
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

1 Swahili+ Jew + Kekistani + Trailerparkistan @ 6.9420

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Viking Icelandic + Frank (5.463)
    Viking Icelandic + Celt (5.545)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.283)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)
    Saxon (10.79)

kit 2
    Celt + Belgae (4.016)
    Viking Danish + Belgae (5.555)
    Belgae + Frank (5.797)
    Celt + Frank (6.031)
    Celt (6.297)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.441)
    Belgae (8.662)
    Viking Danish (8.925)
    Frank (9.409)
    Saxon (10.83)

Last Online
    03-18-2024 @ 05:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    Germano-Celt
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Ohio
    mtDNA
    H2a2a1
    Politics
    Strasserist
    Religion
    Whatever my people need
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,312
    Given: 802

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldNorth View Post
    I mean, I was being sarcastic, but there is some truth to it, highly mythologized truth but truth non the less, like the fact that they came to Ireland from Iberia, and were originally from Scythia (aka the indo-european homeland), shows you how well ancient people can remember such things, just like the illiad, and the trojan war that actually happened (but without gods and demigods) about 500 years before it was written down...
    Our ancestors were obsessed with genealogy and history. Which is why until the 1800-1900s, all that this man says was viewed as unequivocally factual. Obviously our captors got ahold of history and began mythologizing everything they possibly could to demoralize and integrate populations. If anything, DNA is beginning to show people this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterski View Post
    Out of Germanics / Jews / Mongoloids, I would say that Jews have the best values.

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 04:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoEuropean View Post
    But what era are these reference populations coming from? Modern Admixtures wouldn't be the same as ancient. Not disagreeing, but interested to know who was tested.
    ancient celtic iberians where actually nothing like modern spaniards, who have heavy roman, suebian, visigoth, and moorish admixture

Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 04:58 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic, German, some Jewish
    Ancestry
    Mercia/Northumbria, Westphalia/Baden-Wuttemburg, Mayo/Donegal, Powys, Argyll, Pas-de-Calais, Poland?
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-L38
    mtDNA
    H3
    Taxonomy
    probably alpine+atlantid/mediterranid
    Politics
    non party affiliated center-right
    Hero
    Vercingetorix, Caratacus, Arminius, Robert the Bruce, Owain Glyndwr, Jan Sobieski III
    Religion
    I feel connected to paganism & my ancestors but am also scientific
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,927
    Given: 2,177

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Grace O'Malley View Post
    No there is absolutely no truth in it. It was monks from the medieval ages and it was invented. If you look at a dna cluster map look where the Irish cluster. Do you think R1b-L21 is from Egypt? There have been quite a few studies on the Irish especially recently. They are just northwestern Europeans and have most likely not changed much since those Bell Beakers came in the Bronze Age. While exotic origins might appeal there no place for it when discussing genetics. Even before genetic studies were published it was fairly obvious who the Irish share most with just by looking at a dna cluster map. This was obvious back in 2008 with the Novembre map and while studies have come out they all confirm that the Irish are just like their neighbours.

This is the Novembre plot and they still use it today in lectures and genetic studies because nothing has really changed and populations still cluster in the same place.

The only error on this was Slovak who is obviously Jewish so not sure what happened there? I sure there is a explanation somewhere about it but I can't be bothered looking at the minute.

I've always said to people that if you just look at a genetic plot it can tell you a lot already without even reading a study. I do read the studies though because this is what I'm interested in.
    then how is it that some have stated that the irish are gentically linked to ancient iberian dna, and the indo europeans came from scythia to begin with. No I don't think they're descended directly from an egyptian princess, that was just to give them a connection to the classical world. The irish however knew they came from the pontic-caspian step before anyone else had figured it out by at least a thousand years

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    English & Irish Midlands. Gaels, Anglo-Saxons & Britons.
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Diversity is our greatest weakness
    Hero
    Those who made a better world
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,018
    Given: 6,618

0 Not allowed!

ancient celtic iberians where actually nothing like modern spaniards, who have heavy roman, suebian, visigoth, and moorish admixture
    They were only slightly more Northern shifted, more like Southern French. Pretty similar to modern Spaniards.
    Spoiler!

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Not that I endorse this view but this is a book I enjoyed when I was younger, OP might find it intriguing.

Spoiler!

Dinkum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic Australian
    Ancestry
    Country
    Australia
    Region
    Victoria
    Y-DNA
    R1b-DF109
    mtDNA
    K1a10
    Politics
    Hero
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

then how is it that some have stated that the irish are gentically linked to ancient iberian dna, and the indo europeans came from scythia to begin with. No I don't think they're descended directly from an egyptian princess, that was just to give them a connection to the classical world. The irish however knew they came from the pontic-caspian step before anyone else had figured it out by at least a thousand years
    They are genetically linked to prehistorical Iberian Neolithic DNA that came in 4000 BC, but that only makes up around 5% of Irish ancestry, so what? All Northern Europeans have such Neolithic ancestry. It's nothing Irish medieval monks would know about, their folklore, history, traditions etc were all totally Indo-European for thousands of years.
    Spoiler!

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Irish
    Ancestry
    Ireland
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,540
    Given: 28,978

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoEuropean View Post
    There are ancient genomes now that you can compare populations to. Ancient genomes like Ballynahatty (from Co Down) doesn't cluster with present day Irish people and you can do models using G25 looking at what ancient populations have contributed to modern ones. Spain has always had a more complicated genetic history than the Irish even in the neolithic.

Anyway using G25 Irish favour GAC over Iberian Neolithic or Irish Neolithic (i.e. Ballynahatty). Creoda is good at this sort of stuff. I wouldn't even know what to use on Spanish people as they have a more complicated mixture.

"sample": "Irish:Average",
    "fit": 2.8743,
    "Yamnaya_RUS_Samara": 50.83,
    "POL_Globular_Amphora": 49.17,
    "IRL_MN": 0,

Using Spanish Neolithic

"sample": "Irish:Average",
    "fit": 2.8645,
    "Yamnaya_RUS_Samara": 50.83,
    "POL_Globular_Amphora": 49.17,
    "Iberia_MN": 0,

So modern Irish favour GAC for farmer ancestry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information