View Poll Results: Where would you prefer to live if you could?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iceland

16 33.33%
  • USA

32 66.67%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Iceland vs USA Where would you prefer to live?

Ülev

0 Not allowed!

January, 4
    and 9C
    Iceland has relatively moderate climate because of the Gulfstream, which helps to warms the things up in this part of the World
    0:35-11:10

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,889
    Given: 18,287

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    Only an American could have made this post.

Bingo.

It was very pretty but not in a way that makes it attractive to live. Imagine living in one of those shitty American-style hamlets along the ring road. Fucking shoot me now.

Agreed, I've been to Greece and it's amazing. However, compared to the rest of the food on the island, skyr is actually palatable, whereas Greek yoghurt is just one of thousands of good things to eat in Greece.
    You know us Americans. Sounds like you had a blast on your Iceland trip. Money well spent. Can’t wait to go.
    Last edited by Daco Celtic; 07-25-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundqvist View Post
    January, 4
    and 9C
    Iceland has relatively moderate climate because of the Gulfstream, which helps to warms the things up in this part of the World
    0:35-11:10
    An unusually warm day.

In the summer it rarely gets to 20c.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    05-22-2022 @ 01:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Nordic
    Ethnicity
    British Isles and Scandinavia
    Ancestry
    North-West Europe
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-M223
    mtDNA
    K1a4d
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid
    Politics
    Pro White Tribalism
    Religion
    Lacking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,193
    Given: 2,391

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by billErobreren View Post
    Much of what I ate was shit I packed, luckily water's easy to come by. Once you're done hiking or bathing in a spring, you've fuck all else left to do and it all gets old quick.
    I haven't been, but my family has and I have some friends who have lived there (quite a while ago though) lol. This by no means makes me any sort of an expert on Iceland (or Scandinavian life and culture overall, though I have been to Scandinavia) but my point is that America has an incoherent and uncertain future and a schizophrenic identity. You mentioned the grid failing and I think being part of a small homogenous white country would be preferable to witnessing the shit hitting the fan in a degenerate decaying global empire with citizenry of all stripes.

Last Online
    10-20-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic for the most part
    Ethnicity
    American Northern Euro Mongrel
    Ancestry
    DK, IE, NO
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Faelid...apparently
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,494
    Given: 1,539

4 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    You know us Americans. Sounds like you had a blast on your Iceland trip. Money well spent. Can’t wait to go.
    Don't take it to heart, Daco. Our love for burgers, we owe to a Scandinavian immigrant anyway. Don't write off Iceland completely if you can afford the trip, I mean, it's not the holy pilgrimage some want to romantize it being, but it's pretty and the people are nice. I'd save up big time for that burger joint though, I still whince when I look back to the prizes on menus, I came back home about 9 pounds lighter.

Bit let down by them not having pretzel buns at that eatery, honestly. Not like I could've afforded to indulge on those while there. Icelanders do like their burger joints, however, theirs seem more American-style than Danish. Here's a song from the soundtrack of Iceland's answer to Grease, a childhood favorite, it's an hommage to the burger joint and French fry( the word Franskar would've given one a clue), you can hear the influence from many pseudo-tropical new wave songs that were top hits in America by 1981-82, like "Tide is High."

Quote Originally Posted by Jägerstaffel View Post
    I haven't been, but my family has and I have some friends who have lived there (quite a while ago though) lol. This by no means makes me any sort of an expert on Iceland (or Scandinavian life and culture overall, though I have been to Scandinavia) but my point is that America has an incoherent and uncertain future and a schizophrenic identity. You mentioned the grid failing and I think being part of a small homogenous white country would be preferable to witnessing the shit hitting the fan in a degenerate decaying global empire with citizenry of all stripes.
    Of course and I sympathize. I know we were dealt a shit hand but it's the one we have to play with. Nothing lasts forever if it falls so will much of Western Europe's comfort, sense of security, as well as their trust in their system and all they've been taught for over half a century. As you know, we're the main ones keeping that afloat. At that point it won't be skin keeping people honest like here or Brazil while they still have discernable nations and tribes, those that don't speak or stray behid the majority are dead weight.
    Those people here, that have their lives built on pill-popping, grievance-mongering, franchises, and over-eating here, are screwed regardless; no one could be able to make time to be guilt-tripped over some fuckup, our scooter riding fatsoes will have nothing to keep them alive and our Nuevo Americanos will have shit to collect, so that's back to Central America for the greater chunk, where'd there ought to be some semblances of governments. It won't be a pretty sight but it's feasable to live through it.
    Looking back on me as a doe-eyed kid and now; I can just tell how great the wedge between me and the old country has grown. I made a real effort to soak this country up and as an American, I see why folk in the old world would see me as spoiled goods. I speak Danish like a third grade drop-out, that can swear and can simply imagine me be given tasks by an Icelander with my toddler's grasp on Icelandic, when they've no means to stack up their grocery stores with imported goodies and most of the land's no good to even grow so much as a turnip.
    Their traditional food's mostly smoked, cured and preserved and that's what they'll have to fall back on. I wouldn't want to slow them down because I didn't quite catch how Egill wanted me to kill a puffin or I break a limb because I didn't hear them say "Watch out". I could take my time with it and put all my effort in mastering it 'till I put Snorri Sturlusson to shame, but I'd be the bum knee in our unit for too long, plus, I'd refuse to go alone. If they're smart they'd make it hard for whole families to immigrate, which would suck for me, but I wouldn't fault them. I don't know, maybe I'm just being stupidly stubborn.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,889
    Given: 18,287

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by billErobreren View Post
    Don't take it to heart, Daco. Our love for burgers, we owe to a Scandinavian immigrant anyway. Don't write off Iceland completely if you can afford the trip, I mean, it's not the holy pilgrimage some want to romantize it being, but it's pretty and the people are nice. I'd save up big time for that burger joint though, I still whince when I look back to the prizes on menus, I came back home about 9 pounds lighter.

Bit let down by them not having pretzel buns at that eatery, honestly. Not like I could've afforded to indulge on those while there. Icelanders do like their burger joints, however, theirs seem more American-style than Danish. Here's a song from the soundtrack of Iceland's answer to Grease, a childhood favorite, it's an hommage to the burger joint and French fry( the word Franskar would've given one a clue), you can hear the influence from many pseudo-tropical new wave songs that were top hits in America by 1981-82, like "Tide is High."

Yeah, I was just having some fun posting the Chuck Norris Grill. Nothing too serious but some people think I'm being being earnest because of the stereotype about Americans being fat, tasteless slobs. So much for irony. I do like my burgers, I ain't gonna lie, but I usually eat healthier food (thank God).

To be honest, I would really like to visit Iceland. There is even an Irish connection as far as early settlers go. I've been to Europe a few times, just not Iceland, but there nothing posted here that would discourage me from visiting, especially not one or two peoples' opinion on food. So respect to Iceland. Btw, I have to try a Danish style hamburger, I've only had their open face sandwiches.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:50 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Polish and distant Ashkenazi Jewish.
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Shqiptar in disguise
    mtDNA
    U5a1a1 Hyperborean
    Taxonomy
    Moderately not ugly Atlantid with Dinaric influence.
    Politics
    Social Liberalism - apparently.
    Hero
    Goofy
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,593
    Given: 48,322

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    USA for sure, there is nothing in Iceland and the beautiful landscape would be boring in a couple a years. By the way Iceland is on a vulcan so very dangerous.
    While a significant chunk of U.S has these for instance.

High on life and drunk on knowledge
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    05-02-2022 @ 05:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ascended Nubian Pharaoh
    Ethnicity
    Canned Fried Chicken
    Ancestry
    Black and Bold
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    E1b1N1GA
    mtDNA
    Nubian
    Taxonomy
    Black Israelite
    Politics
    Ham Sandwich
    Hero
    Elvis
    Religion
    Ham Sandwich Gang
    Relationship Status
    Married to Cousin
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,067
    Given: 39,632

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    While a significant chunk of U.S has these for instance.

Iceland has Toxic Tornados
    https://www.livescience.com/47742-vo...holuhraun.html
    Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.

Even if this were hard--that is how it is ! Assuredly, however, by far the harder fate is that which strikes the man who thinks he can overcome Nature, but in the last analysis only mocks her. Distress, misfortune, and diseases are her answer.

Kekgenes K13

1 Swahili+ Jew + Kekistani + Trailerparkistan @ 6.9420

M.T.A
    Celt + Frank (4.869)
    Viking Icelandic + Frank (5.463)
    Viking Icelandic + Celt (5.545)
    Celt + Saxon (5.789)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.283)
    Celt (6.539)
    Frank (10.13)
    Viking Icelandic (10.34)
    Viking Danish (10.4)
    Saxon (10.79)

kit 2
    Celt + Belgae (4.016)
    Viking Danish + Belgae (5.555)
    Belgae + Frank (5.797)
    Celt + Frank (6.031)
    Celt (6.297)
    Viking Danish + Celt (6.441)
    Belgae (8.662)
    Viking Danish (8.925)
    Frank (9.409)
    Saxon (10.83)

Johannes factotum
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-26-2023 @ 01:37 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Jewish
    Ethnicity
    440/512 Ashkenazi, 41/512 Sephardic, 31/512 Musta'arabi, minor English, Portuguese & Spanish
    Ancestry
    67% Middle Eastern Neolithic, 20% European Mesolithic, 10% Eurasian Invasion, 2% Siberian, 1% Africa
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    E-FT333743
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1a
    Taxonomy
    Atlanto-Med
    Politics
    Campanilismo
    Hero
    Bartolomé de las Casas
    Religion
    Awaiting the return of King Arthur
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 37,278
    Given: 39,691

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    It was fun as fuck but that doesn't mean I'd spend a month there. Like Bill says, go canyoning and snorkel in the rift valley shit, but bring your own sandwiches.
    Who is rich? He who is happy with what he has - Simeon ben Zoma, Ethics of the Fathers, Talmud, Avot 4:1

Quote Originally Posted by zhaoyun View Post
    I'll say this once and I don't expect you to ever have me fucking repeat this again.

Longbowman isn't just a member, he's a lifestyle.
    I live here. I also live here.

Europeans worldwide * Longbowman's family on 23andme * Classify Longbowman * Ask Longbowman anything

Last Online
    09-11-2023 @ 06:32 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Iberian master race
    Ancestry
    Southern Spain
    Country
    Spain
    Region
    Catalunya
    Politics
    To re-establish the Spanish Empire
    Hero
    Grecoroman and Cristiano Viejo
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 963
    Given: 663

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MissMischief View Post
    Neither. I want to go to Barcelona NOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    España mi natura, Italia mi ventura, Flandes mi sepultura.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortimer View Post
    see females are hypocrites they think im not allowed to say that females are hot, but they love hot guys. some females harassed longbowman eventhough he has or had a girlfriend and was clearly not interested. you didnt but i remember it that some did.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread Information