Unknown
    Country
    Antarctica
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,471
    Given: 1,541

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    That means nothing ,I don't know If&how true it's for other countries but here at least ,in the majority of cities the population is composed by "locals",Greek refugees and internal migrants all three in significant numbers according to old censuses , while If people had the will or ability to learn a little more than what their grandparents were what they'd discover is more internal migrations&population resettlements.
    So treating an individual or even people/regions as If there's 100% continuity to their place and using what history you know to explain things can lead to wrong conclusions.
    That's some futuristic deep things with genealogy sites&dna companies cooperating ,If historians&professional genealogists also help we will get a better picture.

What you're basically saying is that he's a pure local so locals=Serbians?
    it could be a bit of a coincidence... Serbs back then were more Slavic , and Greeks were more southern. so perhaps a village in that area was settled by Serbs, then they started mixing with the surrounding Greeks after some time, and today the result is that today that village plots genetically like modern Serbs.

of course i could be wrong. but there is definitely some story behind this man's genetics, since the most Slavic pulled Greeks i've seen plot with central Fyrom Macedonians and south Bulgarians, not in the center of Serbian cluster like this person.

Hatchling
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun-American
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Y-DNA
    R1a>Z93>FT296004
    mtDNA
    U2c1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,935
    Given: 7,459

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vbnetkhio View Post
    it could be a bit of a coincidence... Serbs back then were more Slavic , and Greeks were more southern. so perhaps a village in that area was settled by Serbs, then they started mixing with the surrounding Greeks after some time, and today the result is that today that village plots genetically like modern Serbs.

of course i could be wrong. but there is definitely some story behind this man's genetics, since the most Slavic pulled Greeks i've seen plot with central Fyrom Macedonians and south Bulgarians, not in the center of Serbian cluster like this person.
    He's probably just from a Vlach community with recent origins from Romania. I doubt he has anything to do with Serbs.

Vlachs from Greece don't plot like Greeks anyways, this guy is just a bit more northern than most other Vlachs.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    11-29-2023 @ 09:22 PM
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Country
    Greece
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 5,083
    Given: 2,784

0 Not allowed!

I don't know either but thinking about it ,I'd expect some oral tradition to exist about it ,a dialect or something like it happened with other groups.

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    81.25% Serbian, 12.5% Croatian, 6.25% Romanian
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    G-Y225016
    mtDNA
    H12a*
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,862
    Given: 8,987

1 Not allowed!

those are not Kaspias' results. it's a Greek from Serres.
    Serres (Ser) was the capital of Serbian empire in the 14th century, so there was Serbian settlement into that area
    I doubt any place in this part of the world has such a long demographic continuity. Look how many migrations happened only in Serb-inhabited lands. You'd have to study them for decades to know them all.

King of Swords Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 06:54 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    my own tribe
    Ethnicity
    entheos
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H11a1a
    Politics
    NWO Masonic Luciferianism
    Religion
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,385
    Given: 31,170

0 Not allowed!

I dont remember seeing any W from the Balkan results, mostly H subclades, correct me if I'm wrong. I assume this person's mother is Polish.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eagle
    Ethnicity
    Straight
    Country
    Taiwan
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,808
    Given: 7,516

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dick View Post
    I dont remember seeing any W from the Balkan results, mostly H subclades, correct me if I'm wrong. I assume this person's mother is Polish.

I have some Ws, the only one w5 is 30% eastern euro

Last Online
    02-24-2024 @ 11:53 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Serbian
    Ancestry
    81.25% Serbian, 12.5% Croatian, 6.25% Romanian
    Country
    Serbia
    Y-DNA
    G-Y225016
    mtDNA
    H12a*
    Taxonomy
    Pontid + Alpine/Gorid
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,862
    Given: 8,987

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    The person in the OP has very very similar components to myself. It's hard to believe he's a pure Greek.
    I wonder how many of you who participated here still remember the thread. A guy I know from another forum brought this upon my attention again. He found the kit that belongs to the man whose results were posted in the OP (BC5774779) and got in touch with him by email. As you can see, he's not even Greek in the proper sense of the word, rather a person from diaspora with a mixed background, as many here have suggested:

Spoiler!

I'm not sure how much contact Kaspias had with the owner of the kit, if any, but thread was really misleading.

Bloodline of 5/42 Evzone Regiment
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ethnicity
    Greek
    Ancestry
    Byzantine Rumelia
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    Politics
    Christian Theocratic
    Hero
    Christian Emperors
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,926
    Given: 4,821

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CommonSense View Post
    I wonder how many of you who participated here still remember the thread. A guy I know from another forum brought this upon my attention again. He found the kit that belongs to the man whose results were posted in the OP (BC5774779) and got in touch with him by email. As you can see, he's not even Greek in the proper sense of the word, rather a person from diaspora with a mixed background, as many here have suggested:

Spoiler!

I'm not sure how much contact Kaspias had with the owner of the kit, if any, but thread was really misleading.
    No doubt Kaspias had a manipulative agenda
    “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Eph. 6:12

Definition of untrustworthy and loose character are those that don't believe in God.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread Information