Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Spain???

Banned
    Last Online
    10-01-2022 @ 12:19 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance - Native Brazilian - Celtic - North African - Mediterranean - African
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,702
    Given: 85

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ChildofMud View Post
    Because exoticism is considered good. Many Spanish musical styles are not "arabic" at all, but nowadays, being western is bad so people try to distance themselves from it, especially on liberal outlets. I have read from some Greeks in other forums that something similar is happening in Greece, with Orientalism and whatnot becoming more popular due to modern sensibilities.
    Indeed, We suffer the same in Brazil. The goverment like to sell a heavily african image of this country outside when the white brazilian mass is totally ignored.

I see Spanish Midia try to mix western with arab elements to make things more exotic and atractive.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

In 2019, once again Spain ignored their culture, I perceive Hispanic America in the rythm again. It sees their colonies and mainly the Caribean have a lot of influence in the european Metropolis.

Last edited by Tenma de Pegasus; 06-15-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,284
    Given: 4,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenma de Pegasus View Post
    Indeed, We suffer the same in Brazil. The goverment like to sell a heavily african image of this country outside when the white brazilian mass is totally ignored.

I see Spanish Midia try to mix western with arab elements to make things more exotic and atractive.
    This has been going on for a long time. I watched a British show about expats living in Spain, Valencia. And they went to this museum where a woman gushed about the Moors. And of course, Paella was implied to be of Moorish origin because they grew rice in the area. However, Paella is actually of Roman origin. But you wouldn't get that impression watching the program.
    There is nothing wrong with a little positive cultural impact, but it's exaggerated. I think that the Spanish are the biggest self-haters right now.
    As for Brazil, here in the US we only hear of white Brazilians as models. But culturally, there is little western.

In 2019, again Spain ignored their culture, I perceive Hispanic America in the rythm again. It sees their colonies and mainly the Caribean have a lot of influence in the european Metropolis.
    GB does this too with their S. Asian and black immigrants. Lots of black medieval kings and queens on tv.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Eurovision need more of Edurne, that was way more true spaniard than the others artists. That song dont have Arab or Caribean rythm.

Banned
    Last Online
    12-13-2020 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European and pre-Indo-European.
    Ancestry
    75% French (North-West), 25% Sard (Iglesias, Monserrato, Carloforte, Sant'Antioco).
    Country
    Quebec
    Region
    Quebec
    Religion
    Agnostic, interested in paganism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,196
    Given: 2,515

0 Not allowed!

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Coruscantian
    Country
    Brazil
    Hero
    Dom Pedro II
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

This has been going on for a long time. I watched a British show about expats living in Spain, Valencia. And they went to this museum where a woman gushed about the Moors. And of course, Paella was implied to be of Moorish origin because they grew rice in the area. However, Paella is actually of Roman origin. But you wouldn't get that impression watching the program.
    There is nothing wrong with a little positive cultural impact, but it's exaggerated. I think that the Spanish are the biggest self-haters right now.
    As for Brazil, here in the US we only hear of white Brazilians as models. But culturally, there is little western.

GB does this too with their S. Asian and black immigrants. Lots of black medieval kings and queens on tv.
    I see in US and Brazil, blacks movements always trying to stole cultural things of whites. This situation with Paella remembered the same happened here in Brazil, the black movement stoled the identity of Feijoada to african slaves, but this tradional dish is actually of portuguese northwest iberian origin, a very atlantic thing.

But the reverse, when whites use something black, its cultural appropriation and you will be threatened for that.
    Last edited by Tenma de Pegasus; 06-15-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    05-16-2023 @ 02:30 PM
    Ethnicity
    Blank
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married parent
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,284
    Given: 4,691

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dududud View Post
    That was written during the time when orientalism was popular in the West. That's when a certain sub-set of Spanish individuals started to embrace the moorish influence and exaggerate it, even ascribing to it things that aren't true. I don't think it's bad to have some near eastern influence, because near eastern culture has some nice elements to it, but it isn't as influential as people claim.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

0 Not allowed!

I see in US and Brazil, blacks movements always trying to stole cultural things of whites. This situation with Paella remembered the same happened here in Brazil, the black movement stoled the identity of Feijoado to african slaves, but this tradional dish is actually of portuguese northwest iberian origin, a very atlantic thing.

But the reverse, when whites use something black, its cultural appropriation and you will be threatened for that.
    lol

Stop spreading this ''western'' bullshit here.

Western =/= European.

Western is basically an excuse the Anglo-Jewish conglomorate of banks use to project their domination over the world. Brazilian culture doesn't exist and ''white'' Brazilian unified identity also doesn't exist. Also, there is no such a thing as an unified ''western culture''.

Brazil is a conglomerate of different cultures spread through the territory. Some are more European than others, but most are a mix of European, Amerindian and African elements.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:58 PM
    Ethnicity
    South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,106
    Given: 6

0 Not allowed!

I see in US and Brazil, blacks movements always trying to stole cultural things of whites. This situation with Paella remembered the same happened here in Brazil, the black movement stoled the identity of Feijoado to african slaves, but this tradional dish is actually of portuguese northwest iberian origin, a very atlantic thing.

I am suprised that things like culture appropriation exist in Brazil.

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Last Online
    12-13-2020 @ 10:24 AM
    Ethnicity
    Indo-European and pre-Indo-European.
    Ancestry
    75% French (North-West), 25% Sard (Iglesias, Monserrato, Carloforte, Sant'Antioco).
    Country
    Quebec
    Region
    Quebec
    Religion
    Agnostic, interested in paganism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,196
    Given: 2,515

0 Not allowed!

That was written during the time when orientalism was popular in the West. That's when a certain sub-set of Spanish individuals started to embrace the moorish influence and exaggerate it, even ascribing to it things that aren't true. I don't think it's bad to have some near eastern influence, because near eastern culture has some nice elements to it, but it isn't as influential as people claim.
    Sound classical for me. Not arabic.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information