Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Famous Greek Cypriot and Swede sharing common facial features.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 AM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,211
    Given: 43,758

1 Not allowed!

This has to be a joke. In fact, the Cypriot in some photos looks like a lighter-skinned South Asian. Certainly nothing like a Swede.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    This has to be a joke. In fact, the Cypriot in some photos looks like a lighter-skinned South Asian. Certainly nothing like a Swede.
    He meant just that particular Swede. There are Mediterannid Swedes(ala Alicia Vikander), he just thinks he found some giant revelation showing that Swedes have EEF admixture when everyone has known this for yrs, and it's a two way street. We're all mutts.

I don't see what's so Med looking about him myself though. 2nd pic he looks straight up Tronder and has minor Baltid influences. He's been classified here before, most were Nordic+Tydal or Nordic+Paleo Atlantid, I don't see why paleo Atlantid either because the one young pic I've found of him on his geni.com page looks to me like he probably had light hair.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...erman-Lundborg
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Southern Hellenic Supremacy Hellenas's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Olympian, Pelasgian, Minoan, Achaean, Dorian and Eastern Roman
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    South Hellas, Aegean Hellas and Hellenic Ionia
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Aegean-Mainland Helleno-Mediterranean, South-East European Mediterranid
    Politics
    Aristotelian Polity & Hellenic Nationalism
    Hero
    Zeus, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, Leonidas, Cynaegirus, Ath. Diakos, Solomos Solomou, K. Katsifas.
    Religion
    Hermeticism of Hermes Trismegistus and Jesus Christ
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,533
    Given: 838

0 Not allowed!

No one ever, ever, ever, EVER said he looks like a Swede!

And if he looks like a light-skinned South Asian, then the Swede posted, who shares almost every facial feature of him, must be a depigmented Northern version of a South Asian!
    Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll, liars gonna lie, slanderers gonna slander and morons(all of the aforementioned) gonna be morons!

HELLENIC RACE FORUM
    https://hellenicrace.freeforums.net/

Post in the shoutbox.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

There are indeed Greeks and Swedes who can pass as the other, but this is a terrible example of that.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Zeus, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, Leonidas, Cynaegirus, Ath. Diakos, Solomos Solomou, K. Katsifas.
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

There are indeed Greeks and Swedes who can pass as the other, but this is a terrible example of that.
    Ah, please with the denial!

They match in everything, all facial features are common!

This is a blend of the two photos.

The nose, the eyes, the eyes dimples, the lips, the cheekbones,
    the cheeks, the chin, the philtrum(the dimple between the nose
    and the upper lip), everything is perfectly matching.
    Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll, liars gonna lie, slanderers gonna slander and morons(all of the aforementioned) gonna be morons!

HELLENIC RACE FORUM

Post in the shoutbox.

Last Online
    08-11-2023 @ 04:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    iranic. anatolian.
    Ethnicity
    kurd. anatolian highlander
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Hero
    serhat apo
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,286
    Given: 6,796

0 Not allowed!

Greeks wuz vikangz

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    the lone-wolf type guys are very attractive.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

There are some similarities, but the Cypriot is precisely the kind of Southern European who is too dark pigmented to pass anywhere in Northern Europe. Heck, even in Southern France he would look exotic/borderline.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    Sure, even though I doubt any evidence I give will convince you.

So, here is a PCA plot from a paper that Skoglund(the man you quoted) was involved in himself.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/001552v4.full(from that paper)

It suffers from projection bias(Euro farmers should be even more below Sardinians, not above them, Sardinians do have a tiny bit of steppe, and SHG is way too close to modern Europeans), common for some of the earlier PCAs(I only chose this one because the man you quoted was involved, and the lead of the project was Iosif Lazaridis, whom you can't accuse of pushing "Nordicist propaganda" on the ethnogenesis of southern Euros) but overall it still points out what it's trying to point out, and is overall accurate.

You can see where Cypriots, Sardinians, and other European populations plot based on autosomal DNA. There are, I don't know, atleast a dozen European ethnicities closer to Europe's original farmers than Cypriots. Were they southern European? Absolutely, Sardinians, Bergamo Italians, Albanians and Iberians have the most admixture from them and are also the closest. Cypriots? No. Swedish farmers specifically were even way more northern shifted, closest to Basques, because the farmers mixed with native Europeans, the basis of the European race, WHGs, while migrating north.

I will now explain to you why Skoglund mentioned Cypriots being among the closest to neolithic farmers in 2014. In 2014, we had very little ancient DNA. We had 2 WHGs, ANE, neolithic farmers from central Europe, Yamnaya and that's about it. Despite the PCA clearly showing differently(and geneticists did show their reserves about this), if you run populations with admixture based on only those populations, it's going to pick the closest available. In 2014, technically Saudi fucking Arabians were more European farmer than Sardinians. Skoglund said it because European farmers did come from Anatolia and didn't think that ancient Middle-Easterners would've been different. Cypriots also have some of the least ANE in the Middle-East(reminder that Cyprus is a both geographically and genetically a Middle-Eastern population), so they scored more of the closest available source from the very few options available, European farmers.

Here's an outdated map of EEF admixture from 2014(Eupedia still has this garbage up):

Does this make sense to you? Are Saudis the purest Mediterraneans?

As we got more relevant samples, specifically relevant to Cypriots, other Southern Europeans and other post-neolithic migrations from the Near-East, such as CHG, Iran_neolithic, Natufians from the Levant, it became clear most of the ancestry of the Near-East wasn't European/Anatolian farmer, but naturally, people from those areas that were previously unsampled, and were more southern shifted because of less paleolithic Euro/WHG admixture than in West Anatolia. Cyprus, naturally being closer to the Levant than West Anatolia, obviously would have admixture from there, and more of it.

In conclusion, Cypriots are only 40% Anatolian farmer, and are more post-Yamnaya CHG, Iran neolithic and Natufian than they are EEF, all populations that are the main basis of your hated modern MENA people.(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2101783313) -Belgians- are more derived from EEFs than Cypriots are. Cypriots aren't the only "Europeans" with signficant amounts of non-EEF MENA admixture.

I don't know how someone can be on this forum, full of autistic genetictards for 7 yrs and still not know the basics, but you're welcome for the lesson.

Also, my sig is a Swedish lawyer showing his disdain for the primitive behaviour of a Middle-Eastern immigrant charged with murder.
    What is an ideal fit distance when using nMonte G25?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Hellenic
    Ancestry
    Country
    Greece
    Region
    Athens
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Hero
    Religion
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XenophobicPrussian View Post
    Sure, even though I doubt any evidence I give will convince you.

So, here is a PCA plot from a paper that Skoglund(the man you quoted) was involved in himself.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/001552v4.full(from that paper)

It suffers from projection bias(Euro farmers should be even more below Sardinians, not above them, Sardinians do have a tiny bit of steppe, and SHG is way too close to modern Europeans), common for some of the earlier PCAs(I only chose this one because the man you quoted was involved, and the lead of the project was Iosif Lazaridis, whom you can't accuse of pushing "Nordicist propaganda" on the ethnogenesis of southern Euros) but overall it still points out what it's trying to point out, and is overall accurate.

You can see where Cypriots, Sardinians, and other European populations plot based on autosomal DNA. There are, I don't know, atleast a dozen European ethnicities closer to Europe's original farmers than Cypriots. Were they southern European? Absolutely, Sardinians, Bergamo Italians, Albanians and Iberians have the most admixture from them and are also the closest. Cypriots? No. Swedish farmers specifically were even way more northern shifted, closest to Basques, because the farmers mixed with native Europeans, the basis of the European race, WHGs, while migrating north.

I will now explain to you why Skoglund mentioned Cypriots being among the closest to neolithic farmers in 2014. In 2014, we had very little ancient DNA. We had 2 WHGs, ANE, neolithic farmers from central Europe, Yamnaya and that's about it. Despite the PCA clearly showing differently(and geneticists did show their reserves about this), if you run populations with admixture based on only those populations, it's going to pick the closest available. In 2014, technically Saudi fucking Arabians were more European farmer than Sardinians. Skoglund said it because European farmers did come from Anatolia and didn't think that ancient Middle-Easterners would've been different. Cypriots also have some of the least ANE in the Middle-East(reminder that Cyprus is a both geographically and genetically a Middle-Eastern population), so they scored more of the closest available source from the very few options available, European farmers.

Here's an outdated map of EEF admixture from 2014(Eupedia still has this garbage up):

Does this make sense to you? Are Saudis the purest Mediterraneans?

As we got more relevant samples, specifically relevant to Cypriots, other Southern Europeans and other post-neolithic migrations from the Near-East, such as CHG, Iran_neolithic, Natufians from the Levant, it became clear most of the ancestry of the Near-East wasn't European/Anatolian farmer, but naturally, people from those areas that were previously unsampled, and were more southern shifted because of less paleolithic Euro/WHG admixture than in West Anatolia. Cyprus, naturally being closer to the Levant than West Anatolia, obviously would have admixture from there, and more of it.

In conclusion, Cypriots are only 40% Anatolian farmer, and are more post-Yamnaya CHG, Iran neolithic and Natufian than they are EEF, all populations that are the main basis of your hated modern MENA people.(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2101783313) -Belgians- are more derived from EEFs than Cypriots are. Cypriots aren't the only "Europeans" with signficant amounts of non-EEF MENA admixture.

I don't know how someone can be on this forum, full of autistic genetictards for 7 yrs and still not know the basics, but you're welcome for the lesson.

Also, my sig is a Swedish lawyer showing his disdain for the primitive behaviour of a Middle-Eastern immigrant charged with murder.

I didn't tell you to prove the studies wrong by posting your theories but by posting studies refuting the studies you doubt. Geneticist vs Geneticist, not you vs anyone.

Cypriots also have some of the least ANE in the Middle-East(reminder that Cyprus is a both geographically and genetically a Middle-Eastern population), so they scored more of the closest available source from the very few options available, European farmers.
    Lol, your just a biased Northerner. See below.

I know you die to make them Levantines but Cypriots are intermediate between South Europeans(South Italians, Greeks) and Near Easterners/Levantines.

"Cypriots are split between West Asia and Southern European components, with minority Semitic (Phoenicians or Syrian Christians?) and northern European ones. "

http://dienekes.blogspot.gr/2010/06/...-behar-et.html

Here they are closer to Greeks and south Italians.

Cypriot

Full analysis first event

Greek (22.7%)

SouthItalian (8.0%)

Syrian (3.0%)

Druze (1.4%)

Jordanian (0.5%)

http://admixturemap.paintmychromosomes.com/

A previous study analyzing detailed SNP data for determining ancient ancestry among Cypriots, revealed that around 24% of Cypriot patrilinages are descendent from the Levant

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...0179474.ref012

Cypriot DNA evident in over a dozen populations

Using this ‘Cypriot DNA’ pattern, the researchers were able to determine, for instance, that Hungarian people, although their DNA contains a majority of Polish and Lithuanian markers, it also contains a substantial amount of Cypriot DNA – almost 20 per cent – in those scanned. Similarly, Romanian DNA contains mostly Lithuanian DNA, but almost equal amounts of Greek DNA and Cypriot DNA. Other populations where Cypriot markers were found included Bulgarian – over 12 per cent, Italian 7.7 per cent, French 6.4 per cent, Druze, 11.3 per cent, Jordanian 9.9 per cent, Syrian 8.8 per cent

according to the study, there are Greeks out there with Cypriot markers reaching almost 12 per cent

https://cyprus-mail.com/2014/02/06/c...n-populations/

Levantines have Cypriot DNA! Hey, you never refer to that!

DNA Tribes® SNP Admixture Results by Population

Cyprus

55,9% European

44,1% Middle Eastern

http://dnatribes.com/dnatribes-snp-a...2012-08-01.pdf

And besides genetics.

"Buxton[30] who had earlier studied Greek skeletal material and measured modern Greeks, especially in Cyprus, finds that the modern Greeks “possess physical characteristics not differing essentially from those of the former [ancient Greeks].”"

30.Buxton, L.H.D., 1920, Physical Anthropology of Ancient and Modern Greeks, Nature, v. 106, pp. 183-185

http://fyletika.blogspot.gr/2013/04/blog-post_25.html

Greek Cypriots may are mixed with West Asians but more than half of them look like Island and Mainland Greeks.
    Last edited by Hellenas; 06-20-2019 at 02:37 PM.

HELLENIC RACE FORUM

Post in the shoutbox.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

Actually, I do agree that Cypriots look more like Greeks from Greece than like most Middle Eastern groups. In fact, it was one of the things I would often argue with Sikeliot about.
    Last edited by Tooting Carmen; 06-20-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information