View Poll Results: Should the state pay child support??

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 31.25%
  • No

11 68.75%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the state pay child support??

Last Online
    11-05-2023 @ 04:45 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Brabant, Holland, Guelders and some Hainaut.
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Norway Deal-NEXIT, Dutch Realm Atlanticist, Habsburg Legitimist
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 34,729
    Given: 61,129

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    But not all migrants do that. What about all the hard-working immigrants who pay taxes and thus contribute to both the state and the economy, and who also pay for their own children? It's unfair to accuse all individual migrants with the same accusation and put them all into the same mould if they're not guilty of doing that.

The ones who do leech from the system should be deported though.

Luckily in the UK we have new laws in place that the state will only fund a maximum of 2 children per family to prevent unemployed people from having loads of kids in welfare payment scams.
    I feel sorry for them but they take jobs away from native born Britons and unless they are married (or set to marry) native born Brits, I don't see their use to the country. Same goes for the Netherlands: we're too densely populated to also support people who don't have a direct familial or genetic stake in this country (as in having family ties to). Do I suggest that some should marry their British or Dutch romantic partners if they have them ? Yes. I don't see a problem there but for them to stay without them having any those ties ? We simply cannot afford it. In fact: the State might want to assist people settling down and marrying as well.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

1 Not allowed!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I remember correctly, didn't you make a recent thread asking if your pregnant girlfriend should get an abortion because you think a child will 'ruin' your social life...?

You addressed this poll and question only to single mothers receiving child support payments from an absent father - so I'm under the impression that this question is just related to your own personal situation - otherwise you would've also included single fathers legal rights to receive child support payments from the mother in the poll too if this was a general interest type of question ...
    Yes, grecoroman did make a recent thread about his pregnant girlfriend; for that reason, I get the impression that his newer thread is a self serving enterprise.

My ideas about the question posed here aren't set in stone, but I really don't think it's a good idea for the State to provide financial support to parents of children, unless it's a case of adoption or foster care. The problem lies with families that fail to network among themselves to care for those among them whom are unable to care for themselves. Also, apprenticeships, mentorship and parental guidance are helpful, when youths face positions of responsibility.

Last Online
    09-06-2023 @ 09:23 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Armenian and Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Armenian & Swiss
    Ancestry
    50% Armenian, from West of Lake Van; 25% Swiss, from Lake Biel Area; 25% Minnesota German.
    Country
    Armenia
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    R1b1b2a1a1
    mtDNA
    U8b
    Politics
    Tashnagtsutyan
    Hero
    (1) Andranik Ozanian (2) Baroness Caroline Cox (3) Robert E Lee (4) Cyrano de Bergerac
    Religion
    Christian Mystic
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,424
    Given: 12,676

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by grecoroman View Post
    poll added

I believe the state should pay for child support.
    How convenient for you ...

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lawspeaker View Post
    I feel sorry for them but they take jobs away from native born Britons and unless they are married (or set to marry) native born Brits, I don't see their use to the country. Same goes for the Netherlands: we're too densely populated to also support people who don't have a direct familial or genetic stake in this country (as in having family ties to). Do I suggest that some should marry their British or Dutch romantic partners if they have them ? Yes. I don't see a problem there but for them to stay without them having any those ties ? We simply cannot afford it. In fact: the State might want to assist people settling down and marrying as well.
    I see what you mean about migrants stealing our jobs for lower pay... but we also have to bear in mind that if many western nations have low birthrates and if the majority of a population is old (such as in Italy and Japan for examples where the vast majority of their citizens are elderly people,) then many fit, young, and strong migrants of a working age are imported to do the jobs.

If there's a shortage of people of working age within a population to fund the economy and to help fund all the numerous elderly people from the baby boomer generation, then migrants need to be imported to do the work. Greece has an early retirement age, but in Japan their elderly citizens don't retire early and they still work very hard and contribute to their economy.

Overpopulation brings problems - and so does underpopulation too. There needs to be a healthy balance of people of working age in any population.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Armenian Bishop and Nurzat: (And how convenient of migrants to be against child support in Western countries: they know that our family system collapsed at least 150 years ago due to the industrial revolution while their own networks are intact: that way they outbreed us).

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I see what you mean about migrants stealing our jobs for lower pay... but we also have to bear in mind that if many western nations have low birthrates and if the majority of a population is old (such as in Italy and Japan for examples,) then many fit and strong migrants of a working age are imported to do the jobs if there's a shortage of people of working age to fund the economy and to help fund the elderly people from the baby boomer generation. Greece has an early retirement age, but in Japan their elderly citizens still work very hard and contribute to their economy.

Overpopulation brings problems - and so does underpopulation too. There needs to be a healthy balance of people of working age in any population.
    Indeed: there should be and that one is created not through (even limited) migration but through nativism and natalism (like the Hungarians now do). Our strength does not lie in diversity but in our own people.

Last Online
    04-21-2024 @ 07:22 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    iranic. anatolian.
    Ethnicity
    kurd. anatolian highlander
    Country
    Turkey
    Region
    Kurdistan
    Hero
    serhat apo
    Relationship Status
    It's complicated
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,286
    Given: 6,796

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Armenian Bishop View Post
    How convenient for you ...
    It's convenient for all struggling fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    the lone-wolf type guys are very attractive.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Particularly in a time where there is still considerable unemployment and wages have been staying behind (wages have been staying behind for the last 15 years here).

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,551
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

You need a strong economy to fund state welfare payments. Money doesn't just grow on trees. Where do welfare payments come from? Hard-working taxpayers.

Now if everyone just sat back and decided to be lazy and live off the state, then nobody would bother to work anymore.

People need to learn to take responsibility and work hard, instead of being lazy and guilty of the sin of sloth. Work is therepeutic for both the mind and body. Depending on the state must make people feel weak and feeble... as if they're too incompetent to get a job and help themselves. I think being unemployed is soul-crushing and having a job helps peoples self-esteem and independence.

I think it's quite parasitic and cheeky to just sit back and expect all the other hard-working people in society to be forced to pay for other peoples children if their parents are too lazy to work.

The only exception is when a parent falls sick or becomes medically unable to work... in which case I sympathise for their situations and I think they should be helped and supported by the state... especially if they've already worked in life and have contributed to paying their National Insurance contributions.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 06-23-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Dutch
    Ancestry
    Country
    Netherlands
    Politics
    Religion
    Sedevacantist
    Relationship Status
    Engaged
    Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!

You need a strong economy to fund state welfare payments. Money doesn't just grow on trees. Where do welfare payments come from? Hard-working taxpayers. If everyone just sat back and decided to be lazy and live off the state, then nobody would bother to work anymore. People need to learn to take responsibility and work hard, instead of being lazy and guilty of the sin of sloth. Work is therepeutic for both the mind and body. Depending on the state makes people weak and feeble... as if they're too incompetent to get a job and take responsibility for funding themselves. I think it's quite parasitic and cheeky to expect all the other hard-working people in society to be expected to pay for other peoples children if the parents are too lazy to work. The only exception is when a parent fall sick or becomes physically unable to work.
    That's great but what you see now is that they give jobs to migrants who undercut unionised labour - which drives down family forming in our own people because there is no money for it. Which drives down native birth rates. So something will have to give.

As for work being therapeutic: das war einmal. Most jobs offer no opportunities for growth and no creative thinking - they have become soul killers rather than therapeutic. Ora et labora has long since become no ora and a labora that kills both your body and your spirit. For young people there is simply no opportunity to advance a career as most now operate under zero hour contracts.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information