Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: People of Scandinavia

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,558
    Given: 27,896

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by renaissance12 View Post
    20 years ago ( in London ) i bought Camel cigaretts... they charged me ( if i remember well ) 6 pounds.. .
    The UK currently has one of the lowest smoking rates in Europe after Sweden and Norway. (Scroll down this page to see the world smoking rates by country: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ion_per_capita)

The UK smoking rate continues to fall each year and is currently at an all time low -

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov...its-a-new-low/

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...o-lowest-level

- which is good as nobody wants yellow smokers teeth, bad chimney breath, smelly clothes, skin, and hair, premature ageing and cancers, etc.

In 2018 a pack of 20 fags/cancer sticks in the UK cost approximately ten quid. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/603731...-pack-cost-uk/ Ten pounds is about eleven euros. (£10.40 = 11.50 euros.)

Smokers cost taxpayers on the NHS, so they're taxed extra on packets of fags (coffin nails) in order to fund their healthcare costs.

We have strict smoking bans in all public venues and strict tobacco sale laws (cigarettes aren't allowed to be advertised or shown on display in shops, etc,) combined with high costs on fags. We also have free counselling and free help centres and a range of free devices on the NHS to help people to quit.

The different cost of life between London and "countryside" was huge...
    Which regions/boroughs of LDN and which regions/counties of the countryside did you visit - and what year?

Certain desirable living areas of the countryside (such as the beautiful and luxurious cottages in the much desired and serene Cotswolds region) can also be expensive. The English Riviera also has some expensive properties. It depends on which region of London and which region of the countryside areas you're comparing.

Canford Cliffs and Sandbanks in my original home county of Dorset are also expensive areas. I remember it was expensive in those regions when I was a child living in Dorset. There used to be an area there called 'Millionaires Row' in Dorset where the ex Beatles star Ringo Starr had purchased a home.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ge...ZnQSU6cNYKnzM:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=...CUa-zFpyAIWtM:

There's also some very large properties with private swimming pools across countryside areas in Hampshire and Surrey and Kent too, and massive private country estate mansions with acres of land for the extremely wealthy, along with countryside palaces and castle homes too where aristocratic Lords and Barons and Dukes live.

Now it's amongst the most expensive places to live in the UK and is dubbed as the 'UK Monte Carlo.'
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-16-2019 at 11:56 AM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post

Which regions/boroughs of LDN and which regions/counties of the countryside did you visit - and what year?
    English countryside is very beautiful general speaking.. I like the area around York ( an incredible middle age town ).. i like the area around Edinburgh and the highlands of Scotland..but the best place is Cornwall..

I went in England many times... in 1985 (pleasure ).. in 1992 ( pleasure ).. in 1996 (for business) ... in 2000-1-3-4-5-6 ( for business )... in 2007 ( pleasure)...

Last Online
    02-28-2024 @ 02:57 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Eastern Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Ancestry
    Vlacho-Cuman
    Country
    Romania
    Y-DNA
    I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Norb View Post
    so Denmark is the best fit? out of the Countries you visited
    i don't know what he means by "dark" minority...u have very light hair color..a medium blond. exccept for the foreigners and the mixed people exeryone looked blond to me in denmark too..i don't know where he saw dark haired people..maybe dark blonds..yeah..also to me people look different even if u travel from Copenhagen to Malmo..let alone Stockholm. danes are similar to north germans or something in between north germans and norwegians, swedes looks a bit different...they tend to have softer features. i think u fit the best in sweden

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Today @ 09:59 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,558
    Given: 27,896

0 Not allowed!

English countryside is very beautiful general speaking.. I like the area around York ( an incredible middle age town ).. i like the area around Edinburgh and the highlands of Scotland..but the best place is Cornwall..

I went in England many times... in 1985 (pleasure ).. in 1992 ( pleasure ).. in 1996 (for business) ... in 2000-1-3-4-5-6 ( for business )... in 2007 ( pleasure)...
    York was once the historic capital city of England. The city was named as 'Jorvik' by the Viking settlers there when they were ruled by the Danelaw. The Yorkshire folk are very proud of their Viking ancestry and they have a Jorvik Viking Centre there which is a popular cultural learning place for visitors to York.

They even named their local cricket team as the Yorkshire Vikings! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc36...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Also the Up Helly Aa fire festival is held each year in the British Shetland Isles. The festival celebrates their Viking cultural heritage and it's Europe's largest annual Viking festival. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=up+helly+aa

Celtic Cornwall is lovely too.... cos they kept out the Roman invaders!
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Italian-Romance
    Ethnicity
    Italian
    Country
    Italy
    Hero
    I don't need any hero..but Jesus
    Religion
    Christian-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,668
    Given: 1,754

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    York was once the historic capital city of England. The city was named as 'Jorvik' by the Viking settlers there when they were ruled by the Danelaw. The Yorkshire folk are very proud of their Viking ancestry and they have a Jorvik Viking Centre there which is a popular cultural learning place for visitors to York.

They even named their local cricket team as the Yorkshire Vikings! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zc36...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Also the Up Helly Aa fire festival is held each year in the British Shetland Isles. The festival celebrates their Viking cultural heritage and it's Europe's largest annual Viking festival. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=up+helly+aa

Celtic Cornwall is lovely too.... cos they kept out the Roman invaders!
    These were much more advanced than "primitive" Vikings.. they taught "you" to read and write..

Last edited by renaissance12; 07-17-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Last Online
    06-17-2020 @ 03:40 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Danish, Polish
    Ancestry
    3/4 Danish, 1/4 Polish
    Country
    Denmark
    Y-DNA
    I1-Z58 (Danish)
    mtDNA
    H7g
    Politics
    Right wing, Anti-islam
    Hero
    Winston Churchill
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,015
    Given: 328

1 Not allowed!

There is no question, that southern danes and northern germans share admixture. I think these 2 danes show it kinda precisely, the differences you will see in Danes at maximum.
    First guy is from right on the border between germany and denmark, second guy is from border between sweden and denmark.

(76.3% DK + 23.7% West_Russian @ 3.32)

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-29-2023 @ 03:20 PM
    Ethnicity
    Aryan
    Ancestry
    Steppe
    Country
    Russia
    Y-DNA
    R1a
    mtDNA
    H1
    Taxonomy
    Corded
    Politics
    Esoteric
    Hero
    Those that fought for a better world (If you know, you know)
    Religion
    Natural
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,828
    Given: 9,772

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    i don't know what he means by "dark" minority...u have very light hair color..a medium blond. exccept for the foreigners and the mixed people exeryone looked blond to me in denmark too..i don't know where he saw dark haired people..maybe dark blonds..yeah..also to me people look different even if u travel from Copenhagen to Malmo..let alone Stockholm. danes are similar to north germans or something in between north germans and norwegians, swedes looks a bit different...they tend to have softer features. i think u fit the best in sweden
    probably my eyes

Nordisch-Westisch or Westisch mit Nordische einschlag
    In other words: Atlantid type

Last Online
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Ethnicity
    🦄
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,109
    Given: 4,010

1 Not allowed!

If any of you guys are interested, I made a thread of a variety of Swedish people: https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...Vintage-Sweden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information