View Poll Results: Russians or German? With which one you get along better?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russians

3 27.27%
  • Germans

4 36.36%
  • Both in Equal measure

2 18.18%
  • I don't know, or don't care

2 18.18%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Question For Poles

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,998

3 Not allowed!

"Volksdeutsche [= Fake Slavic Germans] are 1000 times worse than Germans" - said grandpa Anon:

Last edited by Peterski; 06-30-2019 at 08:29 AM.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-04-2021 @ 06:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Country
    Iran
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,195
    Given: 4,402

1 Not allowed!

The biggest difference between Poles and Russians lies in history. Our both countries used to have kind of democracy! Republic of Novogrod existed even before we had nobles republic in Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. But whole Russia once got ruled by Moscovite Rus which was very stright, the organisation of their reign was based on Mongol's orde system, after Mongol conquered Rus and it was highly autocratic and feudal. Contrary to the P-L Commonwealth where we had lots of laws and electoral kings.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    04-15-2024 @ 05:51 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,923
    Given: 18,998

2 Not allowed!

I think "Both in Equal measure" when it comes to people. When it comes to international relations as countries, hard to say.

I think officially we (as a country) get along better with Germany. But Russia is too far away for relations to be really bad.

Also Poland does not have any ethnic Russian minority, unlike countries such as Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania.

=====

I think Kaliningrad Oblast gets along well with Polish regions bordering it:

http://www.migrant.info.pl/Local_border_traffic.html

"At the moment, agreements on local border traffic exist and are in force between Poland and:

Ukraine - the border area includes the zone up to 30 km from the shared border,
    Kaliningrad region - the local border traffic regime applies to all of the inhabitants on the Russian side of the Kaliningrad region, and on the Polish side to the residents of large parts of Pomerania and Warmia-Mazury voivodships.

There are also ongoing talks with Belarus.

Permits are issued:

For Ukrainian citizens – by the Polish consul in Lviv and Lutsk
    For Russian citizens – by the Polish consul in Kaliningrad.
    A person who crosses the border on the basis of a permit authorizing crossings within the local border traffic regime may remain in the designated border areas at one time for a period of up to 60 days from the date of entry in the case of the Ukrainian citizens, and 30 days thereof in the case of the Russian citizens, but the total period of stay cannot exceed 90 days during any given six months calculated from the date of first entry.

Holders of a permit may cross the border as many times as they wish."

Last Online
    02-13-2022 @ 08:04 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11,500
    Given: 12,446

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian1 View Post
    3/4 views are still based on politics and stereotypes. So mentally we are closer to Russians and in normal conditions out of politics we are pretty much the same. Ordinary people of Russia and Poland are the same, we only differ becuse of different politics throgh the centuries. Ordinary people in Germany can be also good partners but we consider them kind of dumb today for letting too many immigrants and tendencies to deny WW2 crimes. Germans need ordnung and Russians are used to have a Tzar ruling them. In Poland we usually are kind of anarchists Politcal fact is that Germany and Russia will want to make deals over our heads because both believe in strong leadership. .
    I fully agree with the above-mentioned statemet.

From my personal point of view - I had a chance to meet non-political and non-stereotypical, wonderful Russians here, on Loki's forum, and I am very grateful for this experience

Ülev

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Peterski View Post
    I think "Both in Equal measure" when it comes to people. When it comes to international relations as countries, hard to say.

I think officially we (as a country) get along better with Germany. But Russia is too far away for relations to be really bad.

Also Poland does not have any ethnic Russian minority, unlike countries such as Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania.

=====

I think Kaliningrad Oblast gets along well with Polish regions bordering it:

http://www.migrant.info.pl/Local_border_traffic.html

"At the moment, agreements on local border traffic exist and are in force between Poland and:

Ukraine - the border area includes the zone up to 30 km from the shared border,
    Kaliningrad region - the local border traffic regime applies to all of the inhabitants on the Russian side of the Kaliningrad region, and on the Polish side to the residents of large parts of Pomerania and Warmia-Mazury voivodships.

There are also ongoing talks with Belarus.

Permits are issued:

For Ukrainian citizens – by the Polish consul in Lviv and Lutsk
    For Russian citizens – by the Polish consul in Kaliningrad.
    A person who crosses the border on the basis of a permit authorizing crossings within the local border traffic regime may remain in the designated border areas at one time for a period of up to 60 days from the date of entry in the case of the Ukrainian citizens, and 30 days thereof in the case of the Russian citizens, but the total period of stay cannot exceed 90 days during any given six months calculated from the date of first entry.

Holders of a permit may cross the border as many times as they wish."

What’s Behind The Suspension of Visa-Free Travel Between Poland and Russia?
    https://www.polygraph.info/a/fact-ch.../29464132.html

Kaliningrad: visa-free border traffic suspended
    https://www.dw.com/en/kaliningrad-vi...ed/av-36079843

but mr Putin open borders of Kaliningrad Oblast (starting July 1) for Poles and others:

http://www.baltic-course.com/eng/bal...is/?doc=150009

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information