Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,420
    Given: 27,512

4 Not allowed!

Default Lithuania loves Poland

Some people may think that we don't really like each other because of Wilno case. Actually many Lithuanians likes to go shopping to Poland, especially to city of Suwałki.

Lithuanian goverment also plans to build education and cultural center in Suwałki.

Such a center would house a Lithuanian kindergarten and a primary school if there were enough children.
    https://www.baltictimes.com/lithuani...ki_on_its_own/

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2021 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up

3 Not allowed!

Even Lithuanians admit it

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-04-2021 @ 06:36 PM
    Ethnicity
    Martian
    Country
    Iran
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,195
    Given: 4,402

3 Not allowed!

They now are burning with love for Poland after they are worrying about Russia ….

Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 09:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic
    Ethnicity
    Lithuanian
    Country
    Lithuania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 126

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuter View Post
    Some people may think that we don't really like each other because of Wilno case. Actually many Lithuanians likes to go shopping to Poland, especially to city of Suwałki.

Lithuanian goverment also plans to build education and cultural center in Suwałki.

https://www.baltictimes.com/lithuani...ki_on_its_own/
    When I was in UK working temporarily for 1 year to save up some money I met some people from Poland. Some older people and some students of my age. Never had a problem and there was no hatred or something like that.We would even sometimes discuss politics and economy haha. Actually had a good friend there, his name was Grzegorz and we used to joke about one Romanian girl all the time because she had huge boobs and all other workers would "eyefuck" her lmao. He even brought me some souvenirs from Poland (he was on vacation and went home to Poland, then got back to work) . So yeah, I never really understood the reason behind this Polish-Lithuanian conflict, because I live in the western part of Lithuania. But I do know that some Russians and Poles don't let their children speak (or learn to speak) lithuanian language. And that can create some problems in the future because of miscommunication. Or some Poles want street names to be in their language. But that's about it. Sure football hooligans will be more aggressive and militant from both sides but a simple citizen won't care about those things. There's some hate for Portuguese though, I don't really know why. Supposedly students from Portugal act in a rude way, especially when drunk and disrespect the country. Oh by the way you have the best fireworks in europe in my opinion lol. I'm a bit into pyrotechnics so I order stuff from Poland since it's cheaper and more powerful. As far as Russia threat goes, I think that civil war in western europe will breakout before Russia attacks us (because of social and ethnic conflicts and possible isis attacks).We're at a point where even if someone dares to criticize european union they're called a "russian spy" lol. Russia has its problems too. There are lots of conflicts between people from north caucausus and russian slavs. Central asia is involved too. Especially in the army. You can find some info here, http://pn14.info/?cat=81 found this website a while back, they post about the real situation in Russia and crimes that are silently pushed under the rug. I don't know russian that well so translating the page to english kinda works. There's lots of racial and ethnic conflicts there

Last Online
    10-20-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic for the most part
    Ethnicity
    American Northern Euro Mongrel
    Ancestry
    DK, IE, NO
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Faelid...apparently
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,494
    Given: 1,539

0 Not allowed!

Well, they border Russia compared to them, Poland looks dreamy. As she looks to yours truly, I don't border either and I'm head over heels for Poland. Thanks to them and the Hungarians, middle America got great dishes.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-30-2021 @ 07:30 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    -
    Ethnicity
    -
    Country
    Poland
    Taxonomy
    -
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by 16coresCasual View Post
    When I was in UK working temporarily for 1 year to save up some money I met some people from Poland. Some older people and some students of my age. Never had a problem and there was no hatred or something like that.We would even sometimes discuss politics and economy haha. Actually had a good friend there, his name was Grzegorz and we used to joke about one Romanian girl all the time because she had huge boobs and all other workers would "eyefuck" her lmao. He even brought me some souvenirs from Poland (he was on vacation and went home to Poland, then got back to work) . So yeah, I never really understood the reason behind this Polish-Lithuanian conflict, because I live in the western part of Lithuania. But I do know that some Russians and Poles don't let their children speak (or learn to speak) lithuanian language. And that can create some problems in the future because of miscommunication. Or some Poles want street names to be in their language. But that's about it. Sure football hooligans will be more aggressive and militant from both sides but a simple citizen won't care about those things. There's some hate for Portuguese though, I don't really know why. Supposedly students from Portugal act in a rude way, especially when drunk and disrespect the country. Oh by the way you have the best fireworks in europe in my opinion lol. I'm a bit into pyrotechnics so I order stuff from Poland since it's cheaper and more powerful. As far as Russia threat goes, I think that civil war in western europe will breakout before Russia attacks us (because of social and ethnic conflicts and possible isis attacks).We're at a point where even if someone dares to criticize european union they're called a "russian spy" lol. Russia has its problems too. There are lots of conflicts between people from north caucausus and russian slavs. Central asia is involved too. Especially in the army. You can find some info here, http://pn14.info/?cat=81 found this website a while back, they post about the real situation in Russia and crimes that are silently pushed under the rug. I don't know russian that well so translating the page to english kinda works. There's lots of racial and ethnic conflicts there
    Nice to have an opinion from Lithuanian person. I agree that Poles and Russians living in Lithuania should assimilate. Would you say there's worse opinion on Poles in eastern part of Lithuania?

Last Online
    02-13-2021 @ 09:42 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Baltic
    Ethnicity
    Lithuanian
    Country
    Lithuania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 230
    Given: 126

2 Not allowed!

Nice to have an opinion from Lithuanian person. I agree that Poles and Russians living in Lithuania should assimilate. Would you say there's worse opinion on Poles in eastern part of Lithuania?
    I guess, because there's more of them living there and some of them tend to segregate themselves. I kind of understand them, they want to keep their identity and they don't want to leave because generations of them lived there. I'm sure there can be a compromise. But in my opinion most of that hate comes from low IQ youths, hooligans etc. And a lot of times it's a self feeding cycle where one side says something generally disrespectful about the other and new people from both sides join in, because those insults are not personal, they're aimed at ethnicity. But there's not a lot of that going on, at least I haven't heard of anything in the news. A little off topic - there was an Ecuadorian guy who moved to live in Lithuania. On March 11th we have a day of restoration of independence. And we have nationalists and patriots marching. So this guy decided to shout "Lithuania is for Everyone", he also tried to provoke them by saying "Lithuania is for Gays too" and allegedly tried to insult them too calling them morons. You can see it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScHti_qV9pY (of course he didn't record himself shouting insults) . So after some time, 2 guys caught this Fabian Sanchez near a bus stop I think and beat him up. One of the guys is ethnically Polish but his surname has a Lithuanian-sounding ending. And he said that he felt that Fabian disrespected his motherland. A lot of journalists were shocked - how can a Pole defend Lithuania ahaha. They still think that we "should be in a conflict". But that's not the case. I guess this just proves that we can unite. Here's the article https://www.lrt.lt/naujienos/lietuvo...-du-vilnieciai

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:02 PM
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Country
    Poland
    Y-DNA
    R1b
    mtDNA
    W6a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 20,921
    Given: 18,998

1 Not allowed!

I agree that Poles (...) living in Lithuania should assimilate.
    That would be terrible, it would be a loss of 500 years old ethnic heritage.

Last Online
    06-08-2023 @ 07:12 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    No idea
    Ethnicity
    European American
    Ancestry
    Northern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Minnesota
    Y-DNA
    No idea
    mtDNA
    No Idea
    Taxonomy
    WTF is this?
    Politics
    Independent
    Religion
    Agnostic-raised Lutheran
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 874
    Given: 119

1 Not allowed!

Poles and Lithuanians have a long shared history and often times were under the same flag.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information