View Poll Results: Who is going to win?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Argentina

2 33.33%
  • Brazil

4 66.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American Cup Semi Final Argentina vs Brazil. Who is going to win?

Last Online
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Secretario View Post
    With all due respect, my dear friend, Argentina's problem seems to be more mental rather than technical or tactical.

I listen to some shit like "Argentina is not a real team but a bunch of good players."
    Well, is World Champions France or European Champions Portugal any different? (except that, talking about Portugal, not so good players, but effective ones)
    The only really tactical team to reach World Cup semifinals was Belgium.
    You're being too modest. Portugal are one of the best national teams in the world and are always contenders for winning silverware. Since the turn of the century, they've made the semis on 5 occasions which is more than what most nations can say.

Last Online
    06-08-2022 @ 02:43 PM
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,362
    Given: 11,959

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    I honestly don't know how you guys lost that '07 copa final to Brazil side that didn't even field their A team. Argentina's problem imo is tactical and not because of a lack of talent. In fact Argentina, on paper is probably a top 5 side in the entire world but thus far they haven't been able to get past the finish line in terms of winning silverware.
    true, that being said a brazil B in a good day can beat any nation in the world. That match was actually the only final we lost in regular time.

I actually think reaching 5 finals in 15 years shows that the team is very good, but we havent had luck. I mean 3 of the finals we lost were by penalties. You could argue we didnt beat them in regular time, but they didnt beat us either.

Argentine national team is actually one of the most unlucky teams in finals. We have reached 5 World Cup finals in our history but only won 2. In the other hand there are teams that reached few finals but won all of them.

Last Online
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    YNWA
    Ethnicity
    The Human Race
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,385
    Given: 2,855

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    true, that being said a brazil B in a good day can beat any nation in the world. That match was actually the only final we lost in regular time.

I actually think reaching 5 finals in 15 years shows that the team is very good, but we havent had luck. I mean 3 of the finals we lost were by penalties. You could argue we didnt beat them in regular time, but they didnt either.
    Fun Fact: When a match goes to penalty kicks at a major tournament, that match is statistically and officially counted as a draw. Technically speaking, Argentina didn't lose those final matches.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalFlash View Post
    Fun Fact: When a match goes to penalty kicks at a major tournament, that match is statistically and officially counted as a draw. Technically speaking, Argentina didn't lose those final matches.
    Before this 2019 american cup (we lost against colombia the first match) we hadnt lost an american cup match since 2007. Because in 2011 2015 and 2016 we were always eliminated in penalties. We didnt lose 1 single match in those 3 torunaments.

Last Online
    07-26-2022 @ 10:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Lusitan
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Deco
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 53

0 Not allowed!

Well, I bet on Brazil but I don't think it's gonna be an easy match for any of them.
    And I know there's one quarter finals match left, but I believe Uruguay will be on the other bracket for the final game. So it's gonna be tough for either Brazil or Argentina too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggery View Post
    I would like Argentina to win
    I can tell.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Reptile
    Ethnicity
    Corona Virus
    Ancestry
    Reptilian Galaxy
    Country
    South-Korea
    Region
    Warmia-Masuria
    Y-DNA
    I1
    Taxonomy
    Reptilian
    Politics
    Anti--Humans
    Hero
    Mortimer
    Religion
    Interstellar paganism
    Relationship Status
    Widowed
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,306
    Given: 1,198

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Argentano View Post
    Our team army was unbeatable until some years ago. I remember that until 2010 most people couldn't even believe Brazil lost to someone. It was like USA in Basketball when they could include all the NBA players, no one could defeat Brazil.

Our media generally attributed the losses in 1998, 2006 and 2010 to bad luck (like Ronaldo's disease the day before the final in 1998) or personal mistakes (like Felipe Melo's red card in 2010). We had the luxury of having one of the best strikers in the world (if not the best) and he still wasn't included in the teams of 1998 and 2002.

A Brazil with full power in 1998 final against France (Romario + Ronaldo) would have crushed France easily.

2014, when the world cup was in Brazil, was the first time I thought Brazil coudn't win. From 2010 on our teams started to be less impressive and I'd say Argentina had much better teams from 2010 to nowadays.

Last Online
    07-26-2022 @ 10:15 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Portuguese
    Ethnicity
    White
    Ancestry
    Lusitan
    Country
    Portugal
    Hero
    Deco
    Relationship Status
    In a relationship
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 115
    Given: 53

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Berenice View Post
    Our team army was unbeatable until some years ago. I remember that until 2010 most people couldn't even believe Brazil lost to someone. It was like USA in Basketball when they could include all the NBA players, no one could defeat Brazil.

Our media generally attributed the losses in 1998, 2006 and 2010 to bad luck (like Ronaldo's disease the day before the final in 1998) or personal mistakes (like Felipe Melo's red card in 2010). We had the luxury of having one of the best strikers in the world (if not the best) and he still wasn't included in the teams of 1998 and 2002.

A Brazil with full power in 1998 final against France (Romario + Ronaldo) would have crushed France easily.

2014, when the world cup was in Brazil, was the first time I thought Brazil coudn't win. From 2010 on our teams started to be less impressive and I'd say Argentina had much better teams from 2010 to nowadays.
    Maybe not in 1992, but your country could beat the NBA All Star team in any Olympics from 1996 to 2008.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Berenice View Post

the 2002 team was amazing with roberto carlos ronaldo kaka ronaldinho rivaldo all stars

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Gaucho
    Country
    Argentina
    Y-DNA
    R1B1B2A1A
    mtDNA
    H
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Argentina vs brazil stats in wikipedia.
    i dont know if the numbers are perfect since some sites have different numbers

Portuguese wikipedia

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argent...ifaargvsbra-14

Matches won

Argentina 45
    Brazil 41
    Draws 26

Spanish wikipedia

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivali...ntina_y_Brasil

Matches won

Argentina 42
    Brazil 42
    Draws 26