Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Irish must not be told they will soon be a minority in Ireland

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,558
    Given: 27,896

3 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    The only thing the girl is very naive about, is the British politics... she thinks the British politicians are so great, wanting to close the country's borders... when the opposite is actually true. The British politicians are among the worst in Europe, they want to bring in more and more illiterate immigrants in the country... the only people they want to stop coming into the country are educated Europeans! Brexit is just a farce. They want to stop Poles and Germans from coming here, but invite more Pakistanis, Indians and Africans. I'm not joking... thankfully Northern Ireland has so far managed to prevent a massive influx of foreigners, but that's probably mostly because no-one wants to come here, they prefer going to England.

When the UK Conservative government under Cameron had vans and billboards featuring adverts and a hotline number warning illegal immigrants to 'Go Home Or Face Arrest', the EU ordered the UK to remove the adverts for being 'too blatant'.

The vast majority of our laws are currently made by unelected Eurocrats in Brussels.

The UK government previously put restrictions on the amount of immigrants who could come to the UK via the EU's open borders from Romania and Bulgaria due to UK peoples concerns about floods of Roma gypsies moving to the UK after they joined the EU... but after the EU forced the UK government to remove the immigration restrictions, the British people then voted to leave the EU.

The UK government has tried using Negative Campaign tactics and adverts claiming that the UK weather and food was 'bad' to try to deter migrants from moving to the UK... but the migrants weren't fooled and still continued to move to the UK.

A few years ago there was a case in the media about an overweight woman from an African nation who had moved to the UK via the EU's open borders after being given EU citizenship and she was heavily leeching from the welfare system and was taking the piss. The UK government kept attempting to deport her, so she went to the European Court who overruled the UK government's decision to deport her... and the EU gave her permission to stay here and be given a free house, etc.

Only the other day it was in the mainstream media that Boris Johnson will introduce an Australian-style points system to control immigration if he becomes the next UK leader.

Boris Johnson has pledged to introduce an Australian-style points-based system for migrants to restore “public faith” in immigration control.

Foreigners who want to work in Britain will have to be able to speak English and must have a job before they arrive if Mr Johnson becomes prime minister.

The Tory leadership front-runner said foreign workers will not be allowed to “cut ahead in the queue” by taking jobs that British people can do, and will have no entitlement to benefits when they first arrive.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...m-immigration/

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-05-2019 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Typo.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

My uncle is Irish citizen, he immigrated to Ireland in late 80s when there were almost no foreigners around, to teach double bass at music Academy in Cork.
    After living there for 30 years he returned home and ironically, he tells me he would never live in current Ireland again, which is full of immigrants and preferred destination of young Croats searching jobs.

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:59 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,558
    Given: 27,896

2 Not allowed!

Two of my paternal uncles still live in Ireland today after moving there in the 1980's. I have Anglo-Irish cousins living there from two of my West Country English uncles and their Irish wives and children.

Ireland demographics: Population (RoI and NI combined) 6,572,728 (2016)
    96.4% White (6,336,110 people - a small population but still larger than some other European nations populations.)
    1.7% Asian
    1.1% Black
    0.8% Other

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland

Also the number of British nationals applying for Irish citizenship has risen significantly since the Brexit referendum almost three years ago: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48435872

That'll be the pro EU British expats (remoaners/remainiacs) who are moving to Éire.

I often encounter Irish expats here each day in London too (Irish Londoners.) I usually can't tell that they're Irish just by looking at them as the Irish tend to look a lot like English, Welsh, and Scottish people - until I hear their distinct Irish accents.

I have a bit of Western Irish ancestry myself and I play the Irish tin whistle too. My parents are both from the West Country where I was born and raised (West Country landscapes of stone cottages, rugged coastlines, ancient stone circles, lots of farmland, etc, are similar to the Irish landscape... and the West Country English rhotic accents are also a bit similar to Irish accents, although have some differences too.)

My parents would often go to watch Irish Celtic music bands (such as Clannad) perform live there when I was a child, and I grew-up listening to a lot of Irish Celtic music at home.... especially Enya and Clannad as my parents and grandparents often played their music in their cars and homes. My maternal grandmother was raised in a Catholic household where priests and nuns would often visit their home, and my father (who has some Welsh ancestry) was also raised as a Catholic. I went to a Church of England (Anglican/Protestant) primary school though.

Several people in London have asked me if I have Irish ancestry (including an Irish man and another time an Irish woman also asked me that,) due to my freckles and red hair.... and some clueless non European people have mistaken my accent for Irish.

I got my pale skin and red hair and freckles from my very tall maternal English grandfather, and not from my tall maternal grandmother with Irish ancestry as she had no freckles, but my pale Mum, strawberry-blond/slight gingerish maternal grandfather, ginger maternal uncle, father, paternal aunts and uncles, sisters and nieces all have light freckles... and my grandmother was the only relative in my family who always tanned in the sun and never burned.... the rest of my relatives from the West Country of south-west England just burn in the sun.

A clueless middle eastern man asked me if I'm Scottish a few weeks ago - just because I don't have a cockney London accent. He could just about speak English and isn't from the UK and the idiot thought my accent was 'Scottish', and I was stunned when he asked me that as I'm from the south-west of England. No English, Irish, Scottish, or Welsh person has ever asked me that.

I like Irish people (they're extremely friendly and warm,) but I think the EU is bad for the Republic of Éire. I think they'd be better off being independent and not having unelected Eurocrats in Brussels making their laws and controlling their currency and immigration borders.

When the UK gets our independence from the EU after Brexit happens on 31st October (the ancient Celtic Pagan festival of Samhain/Halloween/New Year in England and Ireland) ... then future migrants to the EUSSR will move to the other EU governed states instead, including the Republic of Éire.
    Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-05-2019 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Typo
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    07-30-2021 @ 06:32 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Undiluted lower rhine bell beaker skull smasher
    Country
    Ireland