Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,604

0 Not allowed!

Nothing in Davidski's article that mentions anything explicitly Greek.
    He just states his opinion that they came from Mediterranean Europe and also models them as half Minoans who are the best samples when it comes to any pre Greek people and of course the Minoans weren't Greeks.

Plus there is another sample that my be connected with these Pelasgians or Sea people: http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/0...anian.html?m=1
    And this is his ydna: https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y23838/
    There are no Greeks found to belong to this subclade but there are Albanians and Armenians.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-24-2022 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Happily married with 4 matriarchs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 722

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspar View Post
    Nothing in Davidski's article that mentions anything explicitly Greek.
    He just states his opinion that they came from Mediterranean Europe and also models them as half Minoans who are the best samples when it comes to any pre Greek people and of course the Minoans weren't Greeks.

Plus there is another sample that my be connected with these Pelasgians or Sea people: http://eurogenes.blogspot.com/2017/0...anian.html?m=1
    And this is his ydna: https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Y23838/
    There are no Greeks found to belong to this subclade but there are Albanians and Armenians.
    "Minoans weren't Greeks". I just ran into Balkan nationalism. That YDNA is West Asian.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,121
    Given: 11,131

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine View Post
    "Minoans weren't Greeks". I just ran into Balkan nationalism.
    Minoans weren't Greeks. They probably weren't even Indo-Europeans.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Macedonian
    Country
    Macedonia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,998
    Given: 1,604

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine View Post
    "Minoans weren't Greeks". I just ran into Balkan nationalism.
    Mate seriously, how were the Minoans Greeks?
    Did you skip your history lesson?
    Their language was even found to have more to do with ancient Anatolian Hattic language and even had connection with the Ugric languages: https://www.researchgate.net/publica...nt_of_Linear_A

Not even a member
    Last Online
    04-23-2024 @ 10:45 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,592
    Given: 8,909

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomansman View Post
    Honestly, the more i hear about this stuff(like europeans claiming christianity, jesus and now phillistines), the more they remind me of "afro-centrists" who they all love to mock. Pretty hypocritical
    What do you mean by claiming? Christianity is a big part of European culture. Islam didn't originate in Afghanistan either but go tell them it has no business there, lol

Banned
    Last Online
    04-23-2020 @ 08:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 777

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    What do you mean by claiming? Christianity is a big part of European culture. Islam didn't originate in Afghanistan either but go tell them it has no business there, lol
    I didnt say islam is afghan though. Islam is a big thing in AFG, but we dont claim it to be afghan either.

Europeans do it. They can claim to be christians, but members here claim it to be european and have nothing to do with middleeast and even goes as far and says that jesus has more in common with europeans than with natives from levant

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I didnt say islam is afghan though. Islam is a big thing in AFG, but we dont claim it to be afghan either.

Europeans do it. They can claim to be christians, but members here claim it to be european and have nothing to do with middleeast and even goes as far and says that jesus has more in common with europeans than with natives from levant
    Well, I don't know why that bothers you. Very few cultures were completely isolated, most cultures have had influences from others, nothing wrong with that per se. Buddhism isn't originally Chinese, Mongolian or Japanese either for example. And how many languages are written with the Latin script? Certainly not all of them are Romance.

Banned
    Last Online
    04-23-2020 @ 08:19 PM
    Ethnicity
    Pashtun
    Country
    Denmark
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 567
    Given: 777

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Well, I don't know why that bothers you. Very few cultures were completely isolated, most cultures have had influences from others, nothing wrong with that per se. Buddhism isn't originally Chinese, Mongolian or Japanese either for example. And how many languages are written with the Latin script? Certainly not all of them are Romance.
    Then that makes those influences universally/for all, though they have their origins.

Islam is originally from arabia, but is for everyone. Same case with christianity. It came from the levant, but is for everyone. And same goes for buddhism.
    I feel its a bit silly to claim something as your achievement, althoug it isnt, but you can still own it.

Middleeasterners have no right to say to europeans they cant be christians(although due to reformations, i wouldnt be suprised if european kind of christianity is very different/largely different from Jesus' teachings) and they dont own the religion either(as you cant own a religion), but i feel its also dumb to say christianity is solely european and have nothing to do with the middleeast.

And it doesnt bother me too much. Just think its funny how some whites love to call black people niggers and culture stealers, when they have the oppoturnity, but somehow they think jesus and his teachings are european stuff and even think it encourages white supremacy/race war againt non-whites.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Then that makes those influences universally/for all, though they have their origins.

Islam is originally from arabia, but is for everyone. Same case with christianity. It came from the levant, but is for everyone. And same goes for buddhism.
    I feel its a bit silly to claim something as your achievement, althoug it isnt, but you can still own it.

Middleeasterners have no right to say to europeans they cant be christians(although due to reformations, i wouldnt be suprised if european kind of christianity is very different/largely different from Jesus' teachings) and they dont own the religion either(as you cant own a religion), but i feel its also dumb to say christianity is solely european and have nothing to do with the middleeast.

And it doesnt bother me too much. Just think its funny how some whites love to call black people niggers and culture stealers, when they have the oppoturnity, but somehow they think jesus and his teachings are european stuff and even think it encourages white supremacy/race war againt non-whites.
    Those aren't my views. I believe Christianity (Orthodox Christianity) is the true religion and its "Middle Eastern" origin doesn't bother me in the slightest as God and truth have no ethnicity. Though Jesus Christ was indeed born in ancient Israel among the Hebrews, that's undeniable. Before the 630s much of the Middle East was Christian but after the Islamic conquest the center of Christianity moved to Europe. Also, it was Europeans who spread Christianity in the Americas, Asia and Africa (after 1500).
    The beliefs you mentioned are very marginal ("Jesus was European") and most people don't hold them.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    10-21-2023 @ 06:23 PM
    Ethnicity
    French
    Ancestry
    France, Italy, Switzerland
    Country
    France
    Region
    Val d'Aosta
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 6,343
    Given: 3,478

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Minoans weren't Greeks. They probably weren't even Indo-Europeans.
    Not at all.

We have ancient Minoans samples they are like half "MENA" half Sardinian.

"Allobroges vaillants ! Dans vos vertes campagnes,
    Accordez-moi toujours asile et sűreté,
    Car j'aime ŕ respirer l'air pur de vos montagnes,
    Je suis la Liberté ! la Liberté !"

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information