Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Georgians are genetically equidistant to Balochi and Romanians.

Last Online
    09-04-2022 @ 03:34 PM
    Ethnicity
    Georgian
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Leto View Post
    Ethnic Georgians by province according to the 2014 census

3,224,564 - Georgia
    530,288 - Imereti *
    328,662 - Samegrelo-Upper Svaneti *
    320,742 - Adjara *
    271,298 - Kakheti
    249,479 - Shida Kartli
    217,305 - Kvemo Kartli
    111,168 - Guria *
    89,343 - Mtskheta-Mtianeti
    77,498 - Samtskhe-Javakheti
    31,977 - Racha-Lechkhumi and Lower Svaneti *

= 41%

You do not have Tbilisi on the list, where the absolute majority is Western Georgian. Also part of the population of Kartli and Kakheti is Western Georgian (I do not mean only Rustavi, Lagodekhi and etc). Depopulation was taking place in eastern Georgia with constant wars against Iran.
    There are also western Georgians in the villages and towns of Kartli and Kakheti, for example I have a friend Tsertsvadze who is from Kakheti. But Tsertsvadze is a Western Georgian surname(Imeretian) and not a Kakhetian.

3.2 million are Georgians, but the population of Georgia is 3.7 million. There will be about 2.5 million western Georgians in Georgia.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:48 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Russian Turkestan General Governorship
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,583
    Given: 8,906

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CeRcVa13 View Post
    You do not have Tbilisi on the list, where the absolute majority is Western Georgian. Also part of the population of Kartli and Kakheti is Western Georgian (I do not mean only Rustavi, Lagodekhi and etc). Depopulation was taking place in eastern Georgia with constant wars against Iran.
    There are also western Georgians in the villages and towns of Kartli and Kakheti, for example I have a friend Tsertsvadze who is from Kakheti. But Tsertsvadze is a Western Georgian surname(Imeretian) and not a Kakhetian.

3.2 million are Georgians, but the population of Georgia is 3.7 million. There will be about 2.5 million western Georgians in Georgia.
    Lol, why bump an old-ass thread?

Yes, I did that intentionally. 30% of Georgians live in Tbilisi. Let's say 50% of them are full Westerners. Then the total Western Georgian population would be around 55%.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    Romania
    Region
    Moldova
    Y-DNA
    J2a1b3 (J-Z467)
    mtDNA
    H14b
    Politics
    Noam Chomsky
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,374
    Given: 31,470

0 Not allowed!

dunno how Balochi look like, but Georgians and Romanians are quite similar, a lot of overlap in looks, especially in women (men are more robust in Georgia, also have much heavier beard growth)

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Georgian
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Lol, why bump an old-ass thread?

Yes, I did that intentionally. 30% of Georgians live in Tbilisi. Let's say 50% of them are full Westerners. Then the total Western Georgian population would be around 55%.
    The data of Kakheti and Kartli does not mean that all Kakhetians and Kartlians are there. As I have already told you, Rustavi(Kvemo kartli) and Tbilisi are in Kartli and Western Georgians live there. Although there are most Kakhetians in Eastern Georgians, there are also Western Georgian migrants there. Lagodekhi, for example, is a city of Western Georgians in Kakheti, etc.
    Western Georgians make up approximately 70-80% of modern Georgia. 55% is completely nonsense. P.S. I just read-search the pages about Georgians and I wanted to write this for information.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

The data of Kakheti and Kartli does not mean that all Kakhetians and Kartlians are there. As I have already told you, Rustavi(Kvemo kartli) and Tbilisi are in Kartli and Western Georgians live there. Although there are most Kakhetians in Eastern Georgians, there are also Western Georgian migrants there. Lagodekhi, for example, is a city of Western Georgians in Kakheti, etc.
    Western Georgians make up approximately 70-80% of modern Georgia. 55% is completely nonsense. P.S. I just read-search the pages about Georgians and I wanted to write this for information.
    80% Western absolutely sounds like an inflated figure. Even 70% does. I've noticed more than one Georgian come to this forum and start diminishing the share of Eastern Georgians as much as they can. Why is that? Does that even play a role in modern Georgian society, politics, culture? Like the South-North division in Italy.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Georgian
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I've noticed more than one Georgian come to this forum and start diminishing the share of Eastern Georgians as much as they can.

Because it is true. I have a private house (it is in the mountains and the townspeople have it as a resort) in a village near Marneuli, where Kartlians and Svans live. Before reaching the village there are also settlements of Megrelians, Imeretians and Svans. There are also western Georgians in Kakheti. But to be honest, neither Kakhetians nor Kartlians people look like Azeris, Iranians and Armenians at all. They really like Georgians. Many Western Georgians just think stereotypically and think that they are like Armenians and so on(Because they often do not see Eastern Georgians because they are few). If Eastern Georgian is not mixed with Armenians and etc or Georgianized, everyone is like other Georgians.

Not even a member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Indo-European, Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Russian
    Country
    Brunei
    Region
    Y-DNA
    R1a-YP270
    Religion
    Orthodox
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Because it is true. I have a private house (it is in the mountains and the townspeople have it as a resort) in a village near Marneuli, where Kartlians and Svans live. Before reaching the village there are also settlements of Megrelians, Imeretians and Svans. There are also western Georgians in Kakheti. But to be honest, neither Kakhetians nor Kartlians people look like Azeris, Iranians and Armenians at all. They really like Georgians. Many Western Georgians just think stereotypically and think that they are like Armenians and so on(Because they often do not see Eastern Georgians because they are few). If Eastern Georgian is not mixed with Armenians and etc or Georgianized, everyone is like other Georgians.
    So there are supposedly many Western Georgians in Eastern Georgia but somehow there are no Easterners in the West. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trolling or anything like that. Just can't take at face value what a random user says. Oftentimes people have serious biases towards something and want to present their imagination as reality.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Georgian
    Country
    Georgia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So there are supposedly many Western Georgians in Eastern Georgia but somehow there are no Easterners in the West. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trolling or anything like that.

If you study the history of Georgia well, it will not be a surprise for you. But in the 7th century the Arab caliphate invaded Kartli and the Kartlians fled to western Georgia and Kakheti (there were Georgian kingdoms here). From the 11th century onwards, Georgians always migrated from the west to the east of Georgia. Western Georgia is and was entirely in the mountains and forests. That is why the empires had a hard time invading western Georgia and because of this the population of western Georgians was always growing.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread Information