Politics
    Pro White Tribalism
    Religion
    Lacking
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,193
    Given: 2,391

0 Not allowed!

To the people that claim that these sort of films are going to be the death of certain franchises, you're both right and wrong.

Wrong in the sense that these films aren't going to be popular at first. People want to signal that they're not racist and they don't care about the color of someone's skin will still see go see them. The non-white groups being pandered to will see them. In the US, the ethnic group with the most brand loyalty and who goes to see the most amount of films is Hispanic so it makes sense for Hollywood to slip in more and more of them (I know the Bond bitch isn't Hispanic but the point remains).

Overall though, the shininess and appeal may gradually fade among the White population of movie-goers as they see more and more of their roles diminished but look at how Nike was affected by endorsing Colin Kaepernick - White people got mad but it hasn't affected Nike's bottom line. It's because Whites are the worst consumers. We're just not materialist enough. These companies are just catering to their new buyers.

We used to outsource jobs to the third world but now we just in-source third world consumers to participate in our economy directly.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    🦄
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 9,098
    Given: 4,007

0 Not allowed!

If Pierce Brosnan isn't coming back then I don't care

Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    ✨👽✨
    Ancestry
    Preußisches Sachsen, Hessen, Bayern, Gloucestershire, Somerset, Yorkshire, Kent, Catalonia, Menorca
    Country
    Malta
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,844
    Given: 786

1 Not allowed!

Most of the recent fem'd movies like Ghostbusters, Oceans 8, and the new Men in Black movie all received pretty bad reviews and struggled to break even financially, which is what Hollywood really cares about when it comes down to it. We'll see how long this trend actually lasts with these results to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jägerstaffel View Post
    To the people that claim that these sort of films are going to be the death of certain franchises, you're both right and wrong.

Wrong in the sense that these films aren't going to be popular at first. People want to signal that they're not racist and they don't care about the color of someone's skin will still see go see them. The non-white groups being pandered to will see them. In the US, the ethnic group with the most brand loyalty and who goes to see the most amount of films is Hispanic so it makes sense for Hollywood to slip in more and more of them (I know the Bond bitch isn't Hispanic but the point remains).

Overall though, the shininess and appeal may gradually fade among the White population of movie-goers as they see more and more of their roles diminished but look at how Nike was affected by endorsing Colin Kaepernick - White people got mad but it hasn't affected Nike's bottom line. It's because Whites are the worst consumers. We're just not materialist enough. These companies are just catering to their new buyers.

We used to outsource jobs to the third world but now we just in-source third world consumers to participate in our economy directly.

Last Online
    05-22-2022 @ 01:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Nordic
    Ethnicity
    British Isles and Scandinavia
    Ancestry
    North-West Europe
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-M223
    mtDNA
    K1a4d
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid
    Politics
    Pro White Tribalism
    Religion
    Lacking
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook View Post
    Most of the recent fem'd movies like Ghostbusters, Oceans 8, and the new Men in Black movie all received pretty bad reviews and struggled to break even financially, which is what Hollywood really cares about when it comes down to it. We'll see how long this trend actually lasts with these results to look at.
    These things are going to be hit or miss obviously, but look at how well the Black Panther movie did. I don't think anyone likes where feminists are taking things but the racial aspect of where films are going seems to be a different matter.

I remember how a gaggle of virtue-signally White progressive women I work with were just gushing over Black Panther because women love to follow socially accepted trends. Maybe this stuff will peter out but I was astounded at grown women with children talking about how amazing some comic book movie was - for their own viewing pleasure, not even their kids.

TBH, I barely watch movies nowadays so I could be entirely wrong about my predictions.

Veteran Member XenophobicPrussian's Avatar
    Last Online
    04-09-2022 @ 08:30 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic/Baltic
    Ethnicity
    50% German, 50% Polish
    Ancestry
    Mostly north-east German, Polish, some Anglo-Canadian/English and Lithuanian.
    Country
    Canada
    Y-DNA
    R1b, I1 or bust
    mtDNA
    H1, H3, U5 or bust
    Taxonomy
    Oberkasselid(depigmented female Australoid)
    Politics
    NW-Euro Theodor Herzlism
    Hero
    I sexually identify as Jared Taylor
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,075
    Given: 1,717

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    And the movie will flop like all the other movies that try to get "woke."
    Black Panther was the top grossing movie of 2018.
    The Guanche skulls as a whole are unlike those of modern European Mediterraneans, and resemble northern European series most closely, especially those in which a brachycephalic element is present, as in Burgundian and Alemanni series.
    divided them into clearly differentiated types, which include a Mediterranean, a Nordic, a "Guanche," and an Alpine. The "Guanche" accounts for 50 per cent of the whole on the four islands of Teneriffe, Gomera, Gran Canaria, and Hierro; the Nordic for 31 per cent, the Mediterranean for 13 per cent, and the Alpine
    oldschool anthropology

Puto el que lee Jacques de Imbelloni's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    argentino
    Ethnicity
    rosarino
    Country
    Bhutan
    Region
    Valencia
    Taxonomy
    Homo sapiens sapiens
    Politics
    Pragmatism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4,400
    Given: 2,644

0 Not allowed!

its gonna look like this

Last edited by Jacques de Imbelloni; 07-17-2019 at 02:56 AM.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    Country
    China
    Politics
    Anti-nazi
    Hero
    Many
    Religion
    Free thinker
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,273
    Given: 3,573

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I bet that more than 50% of young teenager Americans now really believe that Heimdall was black.

Crazy.png

Last Online
    05-22-2022 @ 01:05 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic, Germanic, Nordic
    Ethnicity
    British Isles and Scandinavia
    Ancestry
    North-West Europe
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    I-M223
    mtDNA
    K1a4d
    Taxonomy
    Keltic Nordid
    Politics
    Pro White Tribalism
    Religion
    Lacking
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I bet that more than 50% of young teenager Americans now really believe that Heimdall was black.
    To be fair, I'd guess that most teenage Americans didn't know who/what Heimdall was until whichever superhero movie introduced him.

This is how propaganda works though. Now, they'll refer back to the Hollywood concept.

I remember reading the Lord of the Rings and loving it as a kid. Now I always picture Elijah Wood when I think of Frodo. It's not how I imagined him when I read the books but it's been forever embedded in my mind since I saw the films.

Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Ethnicity
    South Asian Rajput
    Country
    American-Samoa
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,127
    Given: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Richmondbread View Post
    While I'm against PC culture, the argument was made back in the 1990's against white actors playing other ethnicities.

For example, in a TV sit com I was watching, there was a premise of an episode where the White college girl was going to play an Oriental in the class play . The "multi cultural" committee said that it was offensive, and that she must be replaced with an "Asian-American" actress. So if we are using the same logic, having someone who is black who is supposed to be white would fall in the same PC trap of yesteryear. However, in this case, it is a clear association of trying to replace White people. So it could go both ways.
    She is pure indian in a indian TV show she played role of a pure Greek lady so i would say other countries also do it to certain degrees not only white .

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,023
    Given: 2,190

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jägerstaffel View Post
    To be fair, I'd guess that most teenage Americans didn't know who/what Heimdall was until whichever superhero movie introduced him.
    Just like I said ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information