Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 13,022
    Given: 2,190

9 Not allowed!

Default My photography gear

I think this is a hobby of mine which I have not (yet) tell much on here?

I would love to own Leica digicamera, but as I'm just average wealthy person, I chose ''the second'' best option ... for me! Olympus (micro 4/3) system and Pen F camera. The camera, lenses and rest of gears are smaller & lighter vs more common big brands' (Canon / Nikon) products. My lenses covers area from 7,5mm to 400mm. With full frame camera (for example old 35mm film cameras) that means lenses between 15 mm to 800mm!

Most of my lenses are prime lenses (=fixed focal length lenses) ... on the left ... as those can be sharp, fast and still small/light at the same time.

Depth of field (a narrow one) is thing where micro 4/3 will lose against bigger sensor camera systems. The fast lenses will help a bit on that. No matter what; I also have 3 zoom lenses (on the right). 7 of 8 of my prime lenses are made by Olympus (Zuiko). 2 of 3 of my zoom lenses have been made by Panasonic. Long telephoto together with Leica.

What else? Flashes (one of them to macro photography), 2 bags (I like National Geography bags), wireless remote control, monopods/tripods, extension tube set, filters (different size and types), charters and batteries, retro looking leather case to Olympus Pen F camera, cleaning air-brush.

I have two marco lenses, 2 to 3 so called wide angle lenses and good quality telephoto lens. I love to photograph nature and wild animals. I also have couple of great potret lenses, but I have not done that kind of photograaphy much.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 07-16-2019 at 04:04 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Kamisama
    Ethnicity
    20% Orcadian, 20% Pacific Ocean mermaid/Laputa, 20% Irish Sun Kamisama, 20% Venetian cosmos Kamisama
    Ancestry
    Kamisama
    Country
    Serbia
    Taxonomy
    Kamisama
    Hero
    神様はじめました
    Religion
    Anime
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,246
    Given: 2,262

0 Not allowed!

thanks for sharing what's cheaper than Leica

Out of the ***** Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePagan View Post
    thanks for sharing what's cheaper than Leica
    Everything basically (what comes to photography) or optics . Ok, with binoculars there is one even more expensive / more valued brand than Leica; Swarkowski from Austria. But also there Leica is both great & expensive.

Another great brand is Carl Zeiss from Germany just like Leica. Zeiss is producing both camera lenses and binoculars.

I own one lens which have Leica design optics/glasses but even that is produced by Panasonic. I have two other Panasonic lenses (small light zooms for everyday photography/travelling light ways) and the rest are Olympus stuff. Most are prime lenses (= fixed focal length lenses) and not zooms. Yes, for Japan companies I have always liked Olympus and their Zuiko lenses. Olympus does the things bit differently vs other Japan camera companies Canon, Nikon, Sony (ex. Minolta) or Pentax. Sensor is smaller, but so are cameras, lenses ... and even more those are lighter. Those are much easier to carry.

And my own binoculars? Hawke Frontier 8*32. That is good for the price. Well, today's HD version costs already almost 400euros, and ED more than 500euros. Nope, I would not put that much money on binoculars. I got older version from very good discount sale. Not perhaps as good as those updated versions, but still very good and also same ways fully waterproofed.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 10-31-2021 at 10:06 PM.

TA fisherman association TheMaestro's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:01 AM
    Ethnicity
    Fisherman remnant
    Country
    South Africa
    Region
    Texas
    Politics
    Reformed Centrist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,127
    Given: 9,061

0 Not allowed!

I want some professional photos, of me when I will be illegally crossing the border for a better life in Sweden, could you do that for me FS?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    I want some professional photos, of me when I will be illegally crossing the border for a better life in Sweden, could you do that for me FS?
    Nope. It just is a hobby for me. All the other hobbies of mine tends to be ''sporty'' so this is where I can someway relax.
    Few friends have asked if I could take photos in their big days. I have agreed but only as they have first hired professional photographer. I could never ever take that kind of pressures. I like to keep it funny and not death serious. Plus I prefer photograph nature and wild animals over humans & portraits.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-13-2024 @ 06:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Ugly history as it is. Don't blame me.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,434
    Given: 1,436

0 Not allowed!

Wow, all this was not cheap. If you are interested in film photographing, I have a Mamiya 645 with 3 lenses and motor winder. I have waited for a cheaper digital back, but they are still too expensive.

My gear

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemminkäinen View Post
    Wow, all this was not cheap. If you are interested in film photographing, I have a Mamiya 645 with 3 lenses and motor winder. I have waited for a cheaper digital back, but they are still too expensive.

My gear

I see, a medium format (Mamiya)? 645 was the smallest size of those, right? I bet viewfinder is still amazing. Never handled one, but I have seen medium format Hasselblad & Pentax cameras in one photography shop. Huge. And so were the lenses.

Digital back? I think those have been marginal products all the time? Over all the sold numbers have been pretty small. Why you have bought one originally (645)? If you're lucky you might find one digi back (for reasonable price), but for that you might need to wait pretty long time. I assume those lenses are Mamiya's? MF or AF?

So you have Fuji? Have you been happy with that? It has APS-C sensor?

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    I see, a medium format (Mamiya)? 645 was the smallest size of those, right? I bet viewfinder is still amazing. Never handled one, but I have seen medium format Hasselblad & Pentax cameras in one photography shop. Huge. And so were the lenses.

Digital back? I think those have been marginal products all the time? Over all the sold numbers have been pretty small. Why you have bought one originally (645)? If you're lucky you might find one digi back (for reasonable price), but for that you might need to wait pretty long time. I assume those lenses are Mamiya's? MF or AF?

So you have Fuji? Have you been happy with that? It has APS-C sensor?
    Mamiya 945 is a roll film camera taking 6x4.5 cm film size . It would be a reasonable studio camera with digital back, but I have no plan to use it. Anyway the camera and MF lenses are in mint condition. Medium format digital backs are expensive, because used in profesdional studios. Today it is cheaper to buy a digital medium format camera. Maybe I sell this one in eBay. It has been mine 20 years.

Fuji is good enough in my use. It is APS-C and electric SLR. Usually I use little pocket size Sony.

I have more old stuff, for instance 1000 mm mirror tele lens with Pentax K bajonet. I bought it to use it as a telescope, but it didn't work in cold air, although was otherwise sharp.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Finnish Swede
    Country
    Sweden
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Mamiya 945 is a roll film camera taking 6x4.5 cm film size . It would be a reasonable studio camera with digital back, but I have no plan to use it. Anyway the camera and MF lenses are in mint condition. Medium format digital backs are expensive, because used in profesdional studios. Today it is cheaper to buy a digital medium format camera. Maybe I sell this one in eBay. It has been mine 20 years.
    Right. Studio stuff. Big size photos even posters. That's why I asked why you bought it first place? Have you worked as a photographer or planned to work? Yes, Fuji for example produces new MF digicameras as well as Pentax. Probably Hasselblad as well. Mamiya? Not sure if the company exist anymore. But there are some others.
    https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/b...-format-camera

Fuji is good enough in my use. It is APS-C and electric SLR. Usually I use little pocket size Sony.
    Fuji? No mirror? Same as with my Olympus. Well, electronic viewfinders starts to be pretty good and offers new features ... like you can zoom or you can really see how the photo will gonna look like via viewfinders (already before taking a photo).

I have more old stuff, for instance 1000 mm mirror tele lens with Pentax K bajonet. I bought it to use it as a telescope, but it didn't work in cold air, although was otherwise sharp.
    1000mm Pentax? Reflex/mirror type lens? Good for taking photos of Moon ? Bokeh? Can give unique ''donuts''.
    Last edited by Finnish Swede; 11-01-2021 at 09:08 AM.

"Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H39
    Politics
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Swede View Post
    Right. Studio stuff. Big size photos even posters. That's why I asked why you bought it first place? Have you worked as a photographer or planned to work? Yes, Fuji for example produces new MF digicameras as well as Pentax. Probably Hasselblad as well. Mamiya? Not sure if the company exist anymore. But there are some others.
    https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/b...-format-camera

Fuji? No mirror? Same as with my Olympus. Well, electronic viewfinders starts to be pretty good and offers new features ... like you can zoom or you can really see how the photo will gonna look like via viewfinders (already before taking a photo).

1000mm Pentax? Reflex/mirror type lens? Good for taking photos of Moon ? Bokeh? Can give unique ''donuts''.
    Mamiya makes digital medium format cameras, upgraded from my camera. Old lenses fit in mf operation. Mamiya lens are excellent.

http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/products.html

It has been my hobby from my school age.

The viewer of my fuji has 2.3 megapixels. IDK if cameras today has more...

Not Pentax, only fitting. It is Russian made, not bad at all, but as I write the resolution worsen in cold air. Perhaps massive mirror elements change shape unevenly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information