Thread: Does facial index determines face shape?

Last Online
    08-12-2020 @ 05:47 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian, Gaul, Roman
    Ethnicity
    Haitian
    Country
    Haiti
    Taxonomy
    White guy with a Haitian nose
    Hero
    They don’t exist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 218
    Given: 323

1 Not allowed!

Default Does facial index determines face shape?

Does facial index have a determination of classifying face shapes? And if it does, to what extent?

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian, Gaul, Roman
    Ethnicity
    Haitian
    Country
    Haiti
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    They don’t exist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

I’ve noticed for a long time that this thread that I’ve started has got some views but no answer, so I’ll give my ten cents of what I’ve heard and hopefully some one would join me in this thread.

First of all, I’ve found videos on YouTube that has mentioned facial indexes on subjects based on anthropology. Also, I found another video involving a woman using facial index as a way to tell a difference between what is Oblong, Oval and wide face. (I guess it was for teaching women on how to do contouring makeup or something.)

I guess to alot extent that facial index does play a large role in determining face shape, I would say 70 to 80 percent it does. I would love to get other people’s opinion on this matter please... Thankyou.

Banned
    Last Online
    07-17-2021 @ 07:07 AM
    Ethnicity
    Finnish
    Country
    Finland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,840
    Given: 2,076

2 Not allowed!

Of course. Apart from the obvious one that people with a lower facial index also tend to have a higher nasal index, I have also found that people with a lower facial index also tend to have a shorter chin, higher canthal tilt, less prominent eyelids, and higher z-axis depth of the tip of the nose (so their nose looks more concave).

I have coined the term "general factor of morphology" (GFM), which is analogous to the general factor of personality (GFP). Higher GFM is associated with a lower facial index and higher nasal index. Whites with higher GFM tend to be shifted towards Mongoloids in terms of their facial morphology, and whites with lower GFM tend to be shifted towards MENAs. Higher GFM is associated with a higher level of growth factors and higher BMI.

Below are morphs of players in various sports tournaments who I chose as having either the most round face or the most elongated face (which does not necessarily translate into a low or high facial index respectively).

The morphs below show how people can be classified into four categories based on their head size and facial index. It's funny how the morphs look like different breeds of dogs.

Last edited by Ymyyakhtakh; 10-10-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtiberian, Gaul, Roman
    Ethnicity
    Haitian
    Country
    Haiti
    Taxonomy
    Hero
    They don’t exist
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Another thing to consider in determining face shape besides facial index is the role of cephalic index, and how it plays in this matter.

Take me for example. My facial index is 72, a wide face. However, my cephalic index is 76,(Dolicho/Meso)and honestly I’m not sure if I am oval or round face. It’s caused confusion and uncertainty and I’ve come to believe that I have BDD. So what I did was I put up a taxonomy thread in the apricity, and most people said I looked Alpine/Gorid. So I guess I now know the answer, or maybe people were trolling me...idk??? Bottom line is, the majority rules so I’ll stick to that from now on...
    Last edited by Javiberius; 10-10-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Thread Information