(There are several golden moments about the THT universe (see the map). Gilead be like "Portland? Seattle? S'cool, you can keep it." LOL.)

Beginning with a staged attack that killed the president and most of Congress, a radical political group calling itself the "Sons of Jacob", exploiting religious ideology closely resembling some traits of Christian Reconstructionism, launches a revolution.[8] The United States Constitution is suspended, newspapers are censored, and what was formerly the United States of America changes drastically into a theonomic military dictatorship known as the Republic of Gilead.[5] The new regime moves quickly to consolidate its power, overtaking all pre-existing religious groups, including traditional Christian denominations; and reorganises society along a new militarised, hierarchical model of Old Testament-inspired social and religious fanaticism among its newly created social classes. Above all, the biggest change is the severe limitation of people's rights, especially those of women, making them unable to hold property, handle money, as well as forbidding them to read or write.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ha...e#Plot_summary

[Translated: Christian Sharia Law America.]
It's obvious it was written by a Canadian because if this happened IRL (Orange Man Bad dead, Capitol Guy Fawkes'd) Bibi would sneak into a janitor's closet, put an orange wig on a broomstick and things would go on as before.

Jews are named an exception and classified Sons of Jacob. Offred observes that Jews refusing to convert are allowed to emigrate from Gilead to Israel, and most choose to leave. However, in the Epilogue, Professor Pieixoto reveals that many of the emigrating Jews ended up being dumped into the sea while on the ships ostensibly tasked with transporting them to Israel, due to privatization of the "repatriation program" and capitalists' effort to maximize profits. Offred mentions that many Jews who chose to stay were caught secretly practicing Judaism and executed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ha..._Tale#Religion
Destroying the real seats of power (Hint: It's not only Israel because Israel is no uniform octopus entity sucking off resources like a multi-headed succubus (like everywhere, ordinary people are held hostage by a sociopathic power-hungry madman leader who is in bed with likeminded international niggas) would change things for the better. For a week, that is, before another player steps in and starts spinning that Soros rap.

Cue the billionaire theme.

"Well I am your Wall Street master, baby, hear what I say. I never do work but I always play. Because the game is life and I play the game so you never talk down on a player's name. When I crush my market, I am the one-man crew[...] You never would've thought I'd be looking down. On whom? On you because I'm so big. Me and my money is all I dig --"
[nuclear explosion intensifies]