England
    Region
    Mercia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 50
    Given: 36

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowman View Post
    It's found throughout Europe (not literally everywhere, but at least one department of France has it approaching double digit integer percentages) as well, nowhere near where any Turks or Mongols ever were (not that Mongols carry Q1b at high levels).
    In France Q is most common in the Rhône-Alpes region. There it occurs at about 5%, similar to Ashkenazi Jews.

Last Online
    04-30-2021 @ 01:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    50% East Sephardic Jew, 50% Moroccan Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    J-L283
    mtDNA
    X2d2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 240

0 Not allowed!

It's weird he got a location in Iraq.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-24-2022 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Happily married with 4 matriarchs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 722

2 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by talombo View Post
    It's weird he got a location in Iraq.
    This is because 23andMe can trace what you did last summer and 3000 summers ago.

In reality:

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....l=1#post583633

=>The detailed region matches don't necessarily mean that you have derive ancestry from the native population there.

Last Online
    04-30-2021 @ 01:46 PM
    Ethnicity
    50% East Sephardic Jew, 50% Moroccan Jew
    Country
    Israel
    Y-DNA
    J-L283
    mtDNA
    X2d2
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 227
    Given: 240

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine View Post
    This is because 23andMe can trace what you did last summer and 3000 summers ago.

In reality:

https://anthrogenica.com/showthread....l=1#post583633

=>The detailed region matches don't necessarily mean that you have derive ancestry from the native population there.
    But still, I've seen other north african jews results, they all get some "Iranian, Caucasian & Mesopotamian" but I didn't see anyone who got a location.
    I think It's possible that during the middle ages some Iraqi jews traveled to spain to learn from the Sephardic rabbis and stayed there.
    It's supposed to be a "recent ancestor locator" so it's probably not from Abraham and Sarah.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

But still, I've seen other north african jews results, they all get some "Iranian, Caucasian & Mesopotamian" but I didn't see anyone who got a location.
    I think It's possible that during the middle ages some Iraqi jews traveled to spain to learn from the Sephardic rabbis and stayed there.
    It's supposed to be a "recent ancestor locator" so it's probably not from Abraham and Sarah.
    I agree that it's possible. I'm giving a general word of caution, particularly for places like Sicily and Iberia, where you may simply match Jewish segments. It's a leap to think that 23andMe picked up on a region in Iraq where he descends from the native population. It's perfectly believable that he descends from Iraqi Jews, which was detected from Iraqi Jews in 23andMe's database submitting their ancestors' locations.

Banned
    Last Online
    05-22-2020 @ 07:41 PM
    Ethnicity
    One Drop Rule Activated!
    Country
    United States
    Region
    California
    Y-DNA
    I1
    mtDNA
    H7a
    Taxonomy
    Bantuid
    Politics
    Save Us All From Whitey
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,458
    Given: 7,646

2 Not allowed!

I wish I had Jewish ancestry, I was hoping and praying that 23andMe would assign me some but nope but maybe it just got diluted
    I can't declare myself a holy man and a God's chosen but I am still a proud Christian and a lover of the Jewish kingdom, we shall restore it so Jews live there peaceful without any Muslims

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2023 @ 08:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Believe me I'm still trying to figure this out.
    Country
    Antarctica
    mtDNA
    HV1c
    Politics
    Central-Left
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,310
    Given: 1,961

1 Not allowed!

If he got a region that means he has 5 relatives with all 4 grandparents being born at the same region.
    For example for Spain it means he has at least 50 relatives with 4 grandparents (5 for each region) and in real life probably more (mixed spaniards, more people in one region and ect). This is quite rare, even Spaniard don’t get many regions and I think conversos may have reached Morocco from all regions of Iberia.

When it comes to Nineveh, Iraq I can think of 3 options-
    1. As you said Jews from the Middle East did migrate to Spain during the golden age- from Iraq, Egypt and other places. He might be descendant of one of them.

2. I know that after the Spanish expulsion some Jews settled in Iraq (very few though) and their ancestors came from Turkey.

3. The big cities of Morocco- tangier, Casablanca, Fez, Rabat and ect attracted many Jews from around the world. Inner migrations in north Africa were common (especially Tunisian Jews moving to Morocco) but outer migrations too (that’s how I have Greek-Jewish ancestry). Maybe some educated Iraqi Jew managed to migrate to Morocco for work/education or something.
    I know one Iraqi Jew and his real original surname is “bueno”. No hard to figure out where is this from.

He is indeed the first Moroccan Jew that has region for Iraq from what I encounu, still I spoke to him and he said he has no known other ancestry.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sp_loa View Post
    If he got a region that means he has 5 relatives with all 4 grandparents being born at the same region.
    For example for Spain it means he has at least 50 relatives with 4 grandparents (5 for each region) and in real life probably more (mixed spaniards, more people in one region and ect). This is quite rare, even Spaniard don’t get many regions and I think conversos may have reached Morocco from all regions of Iberia.
    One, while it seems reasonable that they'd use only those with all 4 grandparents from a given region, I haven't read it from them. Two, why do you think this seemingly rare event happened? Why aren't Spaniards getting more regions, but someone with presumably Spanish admixture is? It's probably because when it comes to Spaniards, most segments they share with people from a given a region, be it 5 with 4 grandparents, are also shared with such 5 from another region. However, if he's not matching Spanish segments, but ex-Jewish segments, then it's more likely that this will happen, as those won't be as widely dispersed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information