I2 (I-S17250)
    mtDNA
    T2b
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 14,320
    Given: 7,523

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Daco Celtic View Post
    Very sad. We have similar issues in the US. It seems like this has been a problem in Scotland for a while. The movie Trainspotting comes to mind. I'm also surprised Romania is at the bottom of the list.
    it's not surprising...drug use is something unheard of here

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Vlach Irish
    Country
    United States
    Y-DNA
    E-V13 Dacian Mocani
    mtDNA
    V3 Viking Queen
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 17,860
    Given: 18,268

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Seya View Post
    it's not surprising...drug use is something unheard of here
    That’s good to hear. I didn’t think Romania had high drug use but I also didn’t think it was at the very bottom of the list. Nice to see the Romania has less drug use and violence than the US

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Albannach View Post
    Free university education only for Scottish students in the UK (regardless of which country they study in the UK).... free life-saving medications only avaiable to the Scots... evil, sadistic, and murderous King James forced the union on us.... the West Lothian Question still stands.... there's stlll no parliament and no autonomous government for England... and Scottish MP's can make our laws in the UK parliament.

2:11

Last edited by ♥ Lily ♥; 07-21-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    ❀♫ ღ ♬ ♪ And the angle of the sun changed it all. ❀¸.•*¨♥✿ 🎶

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celto-Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Inselaffe
    Country
    New Zealand
    Y-DNA
    R-U106
    mtDNA
    HV18
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7,613
    Given: 10,300

1 Not allowed!

Pull your heads in. No splitting of the island, ever. Divide and conquer is a real thing.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:09 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Insular Celt
    Country
    Scotland
    Region
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21+ L1065+
    mtDNA
    K1a1b1e
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,132
    Given: 1,245

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ Lily ♥ View Post
    Free university education only for Scottish students in the UK (regardless of which country they study in the UK).... free life-saving medications only avaiable to the Scots... evil, sadistic, and murderous King James forced the union on us.... the West Lothian Question still stands.... there's stlll no parliament and no autonomous government for England... and Scottish MP's can make our laws in the UK parliament.

2:11

Unfortunately there is so much wrong with what you have written I don't know where to start. First off the West Lothian question doesn't stand. have you never heard of EVEL? English votes for English laws https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englis...r_English_laws.

"English votes for English laws (EVEL) is a set of procedures of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom whereby legislation which affects only England requires the support of a majority of MPs representing English constituencies."

Westminster by it's very nature has an inbuilt English majority with England having 533 Mps compared to Scotland's 59, to claim that there is some sort of democratic deficit in England is ridiculous.

England always gets the government it votes for, the same is not true for Scotland or Wales.

King James predates the Union between England and Scotland by over 100 years, you are thinking of the Union of crowns in 1603, the act of union didn't happen until 1707, and was brought about by bribery and threat of invasion by England, there was literally an army on the border ready to invade should Scotland reject union. And riots in Scotland's streets against the union. He did not force Union on the poor oppressed English as he was long dead before the Union was forced on Scotland.

Whether King James was murderous or not is irrelevant to this day and age, practically every King you can think of has been a murderous Warmonger, what difference in this day and does it matter in this day and age?

As for UK Tax money being spent in Scotland, I think you will find that Scottish people also pay tax, and it is our own money we are spending. Scotland gives the uk through taxes 52 billion pounds and in turn 37 billion of our own money is returned to Scotland through the Barnett formula. In turn the uk claims to spend 25 billion on behalf of Scotland.

The money that is spent on university education, Lifesaving Drugs and healthcare ect is down to the Scottish government prioritising spending on these things rather than silly projects such as HS2 (£55.7 billion) Trident renewal (£31 bn) amongst others, which Scotland also has to pay towards and which is then classed as Scottish expenditure, despite not even being built in Scotland or of any benefit to Scotland. If you have a problem with the lack of spending on Education and Healthcare in England then it's a problem created by your own politicians and absolutely nothing to do with Scotland. Perhaps if the English government wasn't throwing £1bn pound bribes at the DUP you could give poor English kids free school meals or Students free education.

I Fully support English independence and look forward to the day when we can be friendly neighbours rather than Scotland being treated as an unwelcome lodger in our own country. And I'm sure Scotland with it's vast natural resources and exports will thrive like every other similar-sized nation in Europe, England on the other hand with Brexit and without its Scottish cash Cow to milk dry is fucked.
    Last edited by Albannach; 07-22-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Last Online
    10-20-2023 @ 04:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic for the most part
    Ethnicity
    American Northern Euro Mongrel
    Ancestry
    DK, IE, NO
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Nordo-Faelid...apparently
    Religion
    None
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,494
    Given: 1,539

1 Not allowed!

I empathize heavily, opioid addictions have become an epidemic in this country, particularly around the former industrial hotbeds in Middle America.

Quote Originally Posted by Albannach View Post
    Drugs are a problem however, but it is worth mentioning that Drug policy is reserved to Westminster and the Scottish government do not have the adequate powers to combat it.

In fact the Scottish government wanted to follow the lead of countries such as the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Australia, Canada, Norway, Luxembourg, Denmark and France and setup Drug consumption rooms where people could go and take drugs safely while being supervised by a healthcare professional, unfortunately, this was rejected by the English parliament, who seem to go out of their way to obstruct the Scottish government at any opportunity. Another factor is the English drug gangs that are flooding Scotland with drugs, maybe get your police should start doing their job and stop the drugs at their source, England.
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...lling-14667210
    Those numbers are alarming. I think a more hands on approach is more warranted at this point. Decriminalizing along with fixing rooms and provision of clean needles to prevent AIDS infections won't help them, we've tried this in West Coast regions and smackheads from all over the country just went there to be enabled and die. The traffic was too high. If you look at Denmark, Norway and Sweden. They barely put Britain to shame in this respect. There was one country, that was the heroin capital of Europe during my childhood, now scoring among the lowest and that's Portugal. Many swore it would be screwed for life. They didn't really do anything crazy. It's a country that we see libertarian types, here bring up and seldom read into what they did beyond decriminalizing but it's worth looking into their approach for sorting it out. Now, I wish we did something like this but most people have their heads jammed up their ass in this regard. I've had this for 2 years, I think this gives a summary of the process.

TD0116918ENN.pdf

We've got an inflated state ourselves, however very little seems to get allocated in these services and infrastructure. I wouldn't mind them being used to positively encourage and rehabilitate these people. Now, I deem the SNP a bit...odd, but in many ways they've raised awareness and garnered much for Scotland in terms of decent services and I know, unlike our leaders, they don't completely hate their own people. I don't know how politically active you are nor how accessible Scottish MPs are to their constituents but it'd be worth encouraging them to look into their approach, if this is something they truly want remedied.

As far as there being trouble in paradise: I'm not gonna woo anyone to stick with a union, since, at this point, I'm not too keen on ours for starters. I've seen too many hailing from these super-states that seek a split based on ethno-linguistic, religious reasons or just different voting patterns, so I feel you both. Just bare in mind your proximity and kinship, whatever happens.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Wildling
    Ancestry
    Cumbria, Scotland, Northumberland, Shetland
    Country
    Scotland
    Y-DNA
    R-L21*
    mtDNA
    K1C2a
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 19,704
    Given: 5,846

0 Not allowed!

We never come top in any league table.

Last Online
    05-11-2023 @ 12:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Lithuania, Greek, Jewish, Finnish, Germanic, East Asian
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    R-Y2910
    mtDNA
    U4b
    Hero
    Lao Tzu, Epicurus, Copernicus, Hippocrates, Giordano Bruno, Maria Skłodowska, Nikola Tesla
    Religion
    Epicureanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,549
    Given: 1,670

0 Not allowed!

in Greece the death rate is 8.7 per million
    http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/system/f...0416907ELN.pdf

Last Online
    05-11-2023 @ 12:07 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ukrainian
    Ancestry
    Ukraine, Russia, Poland, Lithuania, Greek, Jewish, Finnish, Germanic, East Asian
    Country
    Greece
    Y-DNA
    R-Y2910
    mtDNA
    U4b
    Hero
    Lao Tzu, Epicurus, Copernicus, Hippocrates, Giordano Bruno, Maria Skłodowska, Nikola Tesla
    Religion
    Epicureanism
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,549
    Given: 1,670

1 Not allowed!

death rate per million:

Norway 78.4
    Finland 77.8
    Denmark 72.3
    Ireland 70.8
    Great Britain 66.7
    Lithuania 60
    Kenya 56.1
    Venezuela 55.3
    Gibraltar 53.6
    Iran 53.2
    Belarus 40.6
    Spain 36.6
    Vietnam 36
    Kazakhstan 28.6
    Croatia 28.2

Слава Путину! Я люблю Россию. Z
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 06:18 PM
    From Dorset, but live in the City of Westminster (Central London)
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    English, 1/8 Welsh, 1/16 Western Irish.
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    England
    Politics
    Russophile. Brexiteer. Avoidance of WW3 and Nuclear War. Anti NATO. Anti WEF. Against Russophobia.
    Hero
    President Putin (creator of a rising multipolar world.) Viktor Orbán, George Galloway
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25,549
    Given: 27,895

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lemgrant View Post

death rate per million:

Norway 78.4
    Finland 77.8
    Denmark 72.3
    Ireland 70.8
    Great Britain 66.7
    Lithuania 60