Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Yeah Swedish men are blonder than Swedish women. Men are generally more blue eyed than women in all countries. Dark is a dominant (default) trait and blond is a recent mutation. Famelas gravitate towards genetic safety (default) and males towards genetic risk (extremes).
    I wouldn't say that's true in all cases.
    Among the English it turns out they are more blue-eyed but females surpass them in the frequency of other light colours and light eyes total, too:
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...sexes-studied)
    Among Italians difference in blue eyes distribution seems extremely small and in the range of standard deviation but women score as slightly lighter-eyed as a whole, as this thread shows.
    Irish women in my view score higher at blue and grey eyes frequency but lower at green eyes rate:
    After not shaving for a while:

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 08:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    North Italian
    Ancestry
    Northern Italy
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 253

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    Following my threads for Dutch men (will soon do one about females, too), English and Irish people (covering both sexes in these cases), here is the analogical thread for Italy. Before sharing the results, I have some things to say:
    1) During my membership here I've seen Italians both heavily nordified and darkwashed on The Apricity. The two tendencies coexisted in 2016 and 2017 but the second one (of portraying them as MUCH darker than they are) has been clearly dominating the forum for about 2 years now. I am indifferent to Italians in general and thus you will see in this survey a much more realistic picture than that given by people portraying them as either on par with Scandinavians or with Lebanese. I apologize to Italian members for this kind of intro which I know is useless to them and tells them nothing new, but I find it appropriate for some people prone to believe everything someone says and for those who like to speak trash about other states (yes, I mean the supposedly German troll with several accounts here and his spamming against certain European nations; Silver Lining, Golden Lining, Flighttime, etc., I mean you).
    2) My method of collecting the samples needed to become a little more complex in this survey, since, unlike previous countries I made threads of, Italy has both large area and population.
    Seeing the population statistics for the three major regions the country can be divided into, I realized the most accurate proportion for my males survey would be if I include:
    - 13 football clubs from Northern Italy
    - 6 teams from Central Italy
    - 10 clubs from Southern Italy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Italy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_Italy
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Italy
    However, Southern Italian clubs had more native Italian players than those from the central and northern areas of the state and after covering 29 clubs, I had 210 players from Northern Italian teams, 206 from Southern Italian ones and 106 from the central area. Therefore, I excluded the teams of Reggina and Benevento from Southern Italy who combined had 43 athletes and to reflect real proportions as accurately as possible I left Southern Italian players with the number of 163. I realize there are, of course, people competing for clubs from regions other than their native one but the ratios would be similar, I believe, so I don't think this has heavily (if at all) affected the statistics.
    Lol, seriously? Just checked the birthplace and surnames of all the players, southern Italians are over-represented, northern Italians under-represented (and God knows how many have southern Italian origins via the mother):

Players born in northern Italy with a northern Italian surname: 32.7% (30.2% if we exclude those whose surname is pan-Italian and could actually be central or southern). Real northern Italian population as of 2018: 46%.
    Players born in central Italy with a central Italian surname: 19.4%. Real central Italian population as of 2018: 19.9%.
    Players with a southern Italian surname: 46.4% (67.5% born in southern Italy, the rest in central-northern Italy). Real southern Italian population as of 2018: 34.1%
    Mixed players with different origins (ex. Gagliardini, Sicilian mother and father from the Marche, central Italy, born in northern Italy): 1.5%

Last Online
    03-23-2024 @ 08:30 AM
    Ethnicity
    North Italian
    Ancestry
    Northern Italy
    Country
    Italy
    Y-DNA
    R-U152
    Taxonomy
    Nordic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 382
    Given: 253

0 Not allowed!

Good luck with the French lol

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Visage pâle View Post
    I will take two examples. Novak Djokovic and Sophie Marceau. Both have green eyes with little brown pigment arround pupil. Are they lights ? For many they are more hazels than anything else.
    So i would place them in the mixed class, because it's unclear.
    Sophie Marceau would be 8 by the Martin-Schultz scale, while Novak Djokovic's eyes look like Nr.9:

I consider Marceau green-eyed/light-eyed and Djokovic hazel-eyed (intermediate and non-light colour).
    We are all people with our criteria and there are many who would agree with me, too.
    Even authors had different perceptions pretty often, so data for countries depends on author's criterion which should normally be mentioned. However, some scholars really wrote disturbing stuff I cannot agree to even consider (what left to accept) - just look at the frequency of light and blue eyes in particular among the Welsh according to some :
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...our-Percentage
    Dark eyes (incl. brown): 40 - 45%
    Medium eyes (hazel): 40%
    Light-mixed eyes (incl. green): 10 - 15%
    Blue eyes: 5%
    Even to a non-scientist like me it's obvious this is totally wrong.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by savvas View Post
    Good luck with the French lol
    ''Good luck'' with posting all the redheads and making people believe it's the norm, while ignoring your dark-haired compatriots, LMAO.
    Last edited by The Blade; 07-22-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by savvas View Post
    Lol, seriously? Just checked the birthplace and surnames of all the players, southern Italians are over-represented, northern Italians under-represented (and God knows how many have southern Italian origins via the mother):

Players born in northern Italy with a northern Italian surname: 32.7% (30.2% if we exclude those whose surname is pan-Italian and could actually be central or southern). Real northern Italian population as of 2018: 46%.
    Players born in central Italy with a central Italian surname: 19.4%. Real central Italian population as of 2018: 19.9%.
    Players with a southern Italian surname: 46.4% (67.5% born in southern Italy, the rest in central-northern Italy). Real southern Italian population as of 2018: 34.1%
    Mixed players with different origins (ex. Gagliardini, Sicilian mother and father from the Marche, central Italy, born in northern Italy): 1.5%
    Hello there, internal migration has been a trend everywhere in Europe for centuries now.
    If part of Northern/Central Italians have (partial or solid) Southern origin, that's pretty normal.
    Last edited by The Blade; 07-23-2019 at 08:30 AM.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

I wouldn't say that's true in all cases.
    Among the English it turns out they are more blue-eyed but females surpass them in the frequency of other light colours and light eyes total, too:
    Among Italians difference in blue eyes distribution seems extremely small and in the range of standard deviation but women score as slightly lighter-eyed as a whole, as this thread shows.
    Irish women in my view score higher at blue and grey eyes frequency but lower at green eyes rate:
    Well that's according to most sci studies I've seen. Anyway I think women being overall more light eyed is because they're more green (intermediate) eyed because they gravitate towards the middle of the spectrum compared to men who gravitate towards extremes. That's the case in other characteristics like height and intelligence.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Supercomputer View Post
    Well that's according to most sci studies I've seen. Anyway I think women being overall more light eyed is because they're more green (intermediate) eyed because they gravitate towards the middle of the spectrum compared to men who gravitate towards extremes. That's the case in other characteristics like height and intelligence.
    It would be interesting to see how both sexes score at grey eyes rate in most European countries.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

1 Not allowed!

However, some scholars really wrote disturbing stuff I cannot agree to even consider (what left to accept) - just look at the frequency of light and blue eyes in particular among the Welsh according to some :
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...our-Percentage
    Dark eyes (incl. brown): 40 - 45%
    Medium eyes (hazel): 40%
    Light-mixed eyes (incl. green): 10 - 15%
    Blue eyes: 5%
    Even to a non-scientist like me it's obvious this is totally wrong.
    https://www.theapricity.com/forum/sh...=1#post3625559

Last Online
    03-12-2021 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southern French : Germanic - Celtic - Ligure
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

2 Not allowed!

Hello,

If you want to show the proximity of Center - Northern Italians and Southern French, it gonna be very hard. First because these parts of Italy are very mixed, but above all because Southern France is EXTREMELY mixed.
    i live in South-east France, and it must be the most mixed French region (among whites). Actually you will have a hard time finding natives. Even people who happen to only have French ancestry are not from here, but from Northern France (except in few remote areas). For more than a century it has been a place of immigration, and it has welcomed people from Italy, Spain, Corsica, Northern France....

So basicallly I don't recommend you to spend too much time on South-east France. However I can send my collection of photos/names of native French, it could help you (including from South-east France, a mix of XIX/XX/XXIth centuries photos of them since they are not very numerous nowadays). I have about 900 French people (mainly photos of sportsmen, intelectuals, journalists, politicians, youtubers..., few portraits of old and important characters of French history...), all of them have French surnames, look French and never talk about foreign ancestries (although, it is possible they have other European origins in their lineages..).
    Perhaps I should post them on another thread here on the Apricity, I don't know.

If you want to check the regional origins of French sunrames, you can use the website "Geopatronyme". It can show how much a given surname was widespread in French regions at the end of XIXth century (before the huge movements of French Inside France). In other words, you can often guess regional origins of people, at least on the paternal side.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information