Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15,666
    Given: 13,081

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gab the Gaul View Post
    Hello,

If you want to show the proximity of Center - Northern Italians and Southern French, it gonna be very hard. First because these parts of Italy are very mixed, but above all because Southern France is EXTREMELY mixed.
    i live in South-east France, and it must be the most mixed French region (among whites). Actually you will have a hard time finding natives. Even people who happen to only have French ancestry are not from here, but from Northern France (except in few remote areas). For more than a century it has been a place of immigration, and it has welcomed people from Italy, Spain, Corsica, Northern France....

So basicallly I don't recommend you to spend too much time on South-east France. However I can send my collection of photos/names of native French, it could help you (including from South-east France, a mix of XIX/XX/XXIth centuries photos of them since they are not very numerous nowadays). I have about 900 French people (mainly photos of sportsmen, intelectuals, journalists, politicians, youtubers..., few portraits of old and important characters of French history...), all of them have French surnames, look French and never talk about foreign ancestries (although, it is possible they have other European origins in their lineages..).
    Perhaps I should post them on another thread here on the Apricity, I don't know.

If you want to check the regional origins of French sunrames, you can use the website "Geopatronyme". It can show how much a given surname was widespread in French regions at the end of XIXth century (before the huge movements of French Inside France). In other words, you can often guess regional origins of people, at least on the paternal side.
    I apologize for the late response!
    I appreciate your wish to help!
    You could send me a list containing some of these people if such (supposedly based on place of birth or professional field) exists on wikipedia or another site. A link to people's photos would also work.
    However, I have started my selection already and have more people to include, too.
    900 is a large number, as I already have sources that will most likely provide me with 200-250 people of each sex.
    I will, however, definitely accept if you provide me with between 100-150 people of each sex whose origin within France I can check.
    Thanks a lot! Greetings!
    After not shaving for a while:

Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Human
    Ethnicity
    Chinese
    Country
    China
    Politics
    Anti-nazi
    Hero
    Many
    Religion
    Free thinker
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,273
    Given: 3,574

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blade View Post
    Hair texture among both sexes is mostly straight followed by wavy and curly.
    This astonished me a little,because I thought most Southern Euros are wavy or curly haired.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
    This astonished me a little,because I thought most Southern Euros are wavy or curly haired.
    Not true. Straight hair dominates by a large margin basically on all 3 southern peninsulas (Apennine, Balkan & Iberian).

Last Online
    03-12-2021 @ 11:44 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Southern French : Germanic - Celtic - Ligure
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 4
    Given: 1

1 Not allowed!

Hi

Ok Well for French in general, you can take a look at few sports which are overwhimingly practised by native French :
    - Winter sports (most of them come from Savoy, a bit from the Pyrenees, Jura and elsewhere) : alpine ski racer, ski jumping, ski cross, freestyle skiers, nordic combine skier, mogul skier, cross-country skier.
    - Cycling (they come from a bit every angle of the French couttryside ) : cyclists, mountain bikers...
    - Water sports (most of them come from the Atlantic seaside, or the countryside) : divers, navigators, sailors, slalom canoeists..

For all these sports, you can see the French olympic medalists of these last decades here : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/France...eux_olympiques .
    Or if you want to see still more people, you can look for each discipline on wikipedia (with not only olympic medalists, but others who participated and didn't win anything). For example here is the page dedicated to "Olympic alpine skiers of France" : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...iers_of_France or the ones dedicated to "French sailors" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...ailors_(sport) and "French cyclists" : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:French_cyclists

Other sports in which I saw a lot of French :
    -golf
    -the last French volleyball team
    - many handball players, especially from the last decades
    -rugby (most of them come from southwest) here on the Apricity, someone made a list of them I believe
    -tennis (women: Amélie Mauresmo, Emilie Loit, Océane Dodin, Pauline Parmentier, Alizé Cornet, Nathalie Dechy... men : Arnaud Clément, Benoit Paire, Lionel Roux, Julien Benneteau, Sébastien Grosjean, Gilles Simon, Jérémy Chardy, Guy Forget, Henri Leconte, Nicolas Mahut, Marc Gicquel, Olivier Patience, Nicolas Escudé, Richard Gasquet, Stéphane Robert, Thierry Champion...)
    -table tennis : Laura Gasnier, Emmanuel Lebesson, Christophe Legoût, Jacques Secrétin, Damien Eloi, Jean-Philippe Gatien
    -football - not the national team of course lol (men : Benjamin Lecomte, Pierre-Yves Hamel, Jean-Pierre Papin, Gautier Larsonneur, Maxence Prévot, Gaëtan Charbonnier, Franck Ribéry, Lucas Digne, Benoit Costil, Jocelyn Gouvernnec, Christophe Jallet, Florian Thauvin, Mathieu Débuchy, Loïc Perrin, Benjamin Pavard, Clément Lenglet, Léo Dubois, Martin Terrier, Lucas Tousard, Yoann Gourcuff, Morgan Sanson, Emmanuel Petit, Fabien Barthez, Grégory Coupet, Christophe Dugarry, Renaud Ripart, Adrien Rabiot, Guy Stéphan, Laurent Blanc, Lucas Deaux, Chirstophe Kerbrat, Gaëtan Courtet, Quentin Bernard, Pascal Dupraz, Willy Sagnol...)
    (women : Marinette Fouchon, Lepailleur Laure, Marion Torrent, Maëva Clemaron, Solène Durand, Eve Périsset, Gaëtane Thinet, Amandine Henry...)
    -swimming
    -racing drivers : Jean Rolland, Maurice Trintignant, Jacques Laffite, René Arnoux, Jean-Pierre Jabrouille, Jean-Pierre Jarier, Patrick Depailler, Simon Pagenaud

Others :
    - gastronomy, here is the list of French chefs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:French_chefs
    - youtubers (Cyril Soudant from Northern France, Alexis Cassel from Normandy, Christophe De Hody from Northern France, Alban Dousset from Northern France, Clothilde Chamussy, Marion Seclin, Maxime Chabroud : he made a video in which his exposed his genetic test, Cédric Beau, David Forge : peasant from indre et Loire, Lucas Hauchard : he also made a dna test and published it on his yt channel)
    - the last french who received a nobel prize : Maurice Allais, Pierre-Gilles de Gennes, Yves Chauvin, Albert Fert, Luc Montagnier, Jean Tirole, Jean-Pierre Sauvage, Gérard Mourou
    - List of French computer scientists https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...ter_scientists
    -journalists/tv presenters/entertainers : Sophie Davant, Louise Bourgoin, Ophélie Meunier, Mélissa Theuriau, Thibault Le Rol, Pierre Bellemare, Henri-Jean Servat, Pierre Girard, Cyril Lignac, Laurent Mariotte, François Busnel, Enora Malagré, Denis Brogniart, Camille Combal, Jean-Baptise Boursier, Vincent Rouil, Christophe Dechavanne, Samuel Etienne, Jacques Legros, Yann Barthès, Jean-Pierre Pernaut, Julien Lepers, Eugénie Bastié, Charlotte Gabas, Pascal Praud, Charlotte d’Ornellas, Anne-Claire Coudray, Roseline Dubois, Anne Nivat, Jean-Jacques Bourdin, Patrick Poivre d’Arvor, Julien Bugier, Bruce Toussaint, Dominique Rizet, Ulysse Gosset, Apolline de Malherbe, Claire Chazal, Laurent Delahousse, Jean-Michel Apathie, Anne-Sophie Lapix, Frank Ferrand, Jean-Marc Pitte…
    -Important figures of the Gilet Jaunes mouvement : Ingrid Levavasseur, Etienne Chouard, Maxime Nicolle, Eric Drouet (not sure about this last one, but never heard anything about foreign origins neither... and in general, we learn it sooner or later, so probably French)
    - Of course in politics there are a lot of French... You can always take a look at "liste des députés de l'Assemblée nationale" (especially the last decades they were almost 100% French)
    -cartoonists/illustrators/comics artists : Vincent Paronnaud, Philippe Druillet, Olivier Tallec, Jean-Claude Mézières, Laurent Chabosy, Gilles Roussel, Claire Bretécher, Jean Giraud, Magali Le Huche, Laurent Astier, Jean Tabary, André Chéret…
    -Film directors : Michel Audiart, Jacques Rivette, Maurice Pialat, Louis Malle, Luc Besson, Julien Leclercq...

If you lack women, here are a few names:
    - Music : French soprano --> women : Sabine Devieilhe, Natlie Dessay, Sandrine Piau, Véronique Gens, Patricia Petibon, Karine Deshayes,
    Singers: Amandine Bourgeois, Karen Brunon, Mireille Mathieu, France Gall, Marie Laforêt, Françoise Hardy, Nolwenn Leroy, Mylène Farmer
    - Actresses : Marie Brunel, Carole Combes, Marie-France Pisier, Sophie Marceau, Ingrid Chauvin, Audrey Fleurot, Marie Trintignant, Clémence Poésy, Michèle Mathy, Esther Garrel, Anne Consigny, Pauline Lefèvre, Anne Parillaud, Françoise Dorléac, Nathalie Baye, Bernadette Lafont, Karin Viard, Valérie Lemercier, Line Renaud, Anne Bourguignon, Fanny Ardant, Mathilde Seigner, Catherine Frot, Chantal Lauby, Frédérique Bel, Audrey Tautou, Ludivine Sagnier, Brigitte Bardot, Emmanuelle Galabru, Alexandra Lamy, Catherine Deneuve, Julie Gayet...

I checked all the names I gave you according to the methods I mentionned above... Of course there can be mistakes here and there, but on the whole, I can guarantee you that they are French. In the lists of people I recommended you, most of these people are French, although one again, there can be few exceptions.

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Ab

Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    French
    Country
    France
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

About southeast France in particular,

From Savoy, you can look at French winter sports champions, they are almost all from there.

From Ardèche/Drôme, here are few names : - René Privat, Pascal Fugier, Cédric Chabert, Delphine Combe, Jean-Marie Cuoq, Jean-Philippe Faure, Franck Sauzée, Alain Planet, Hervé Giraud, Michel Teston, David Mourier, François Félix, Jean-Marc Gounon, Clément Grenier, Amandine Leynaud, Benoit Peschier, Julien Rochedy, Sébastien Chabal, Gérard Mourou, Anne-Sophie Pic, Jean-François Piège, Rémy Martin, Laurent Peyre, Didier Guillaume, René Barjavel, Paul Ricoeur, François Soubeyran, Cyrile Paraire, Didier Auriol, Guillaume Bonnafond, Bryan Bouffier, Alexandre Chazalet, Sébastien Joly, Raphaël Saint-André, Philippe Saint-André, Bertrand Gille, Baptiste Reynet...

From Provence : (in the the XIXth and XXth centuries) : Henri Marie Léonce Fabre, Jean Bouin, Fernand Bouisson, Alexandre Blanc, Joseph Fallen, Frédéric Mistral, Maria Borrély, Marie-Antoinette Roumanille, Henri Poupon, Jules Muraire, Henri Marius Roger Bourrely, Fernand Charpin, Paul Ricard, Charles Maurras, Frédéric Lazard, Aimé Michel...
    - (in the XXth and XXI centuries) : Lucien Aimar, Jean-Claude Magnan, Pierre Magnan, Jean-Michel Bayle, Jean Rolland, Michèle Mouton, Gilles Rousset, Marcel Aubour, René Girard, Arnaud Clément, Alain Bernard, Benoit Paire, Christophe Maé, Camille Combal, Julien Aubert, Jean-Robert Lombard, Jean-Baptise Maunier...
    In Provence, immigration has been absolutely huge, especially on the seaside. So the most difficult thing is to find natives from these places. Most of the people I just mentionned come from inland Provence (which has also been subject to huge immigration, but a bit less, hence "survivors" here and there lol).
    People from the seaside seemed to look a bit more Mediterranean (as in the examples from the XIX/XXth centuries mentioned above ), perhaps due to the old Greek influences, or just native people.

Here is a genetic study on people from Provence (which aimed at discovering the genetic impact of Greeks in the region) : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3068964/ . If I understood the results correctly, it says that there is a noticeable genetic impact of the Greeks, but that the vast majority of people from this area used to be similar to the Basques.

On the whole, according to me southeast France didn't seem that different from the rest of France. It seemed a bit more "mediterranean" on the seaside, but generally speaking we see the same combination found anywhere else in France : more blond people than in southern Europe, but more brown hair people than in northern Europe, a lot of of fair eyes (especially blue eyes) and a lot of intermediate profiles or mixed profiles (blond hair with dark eyes, blue eyes and dark hair/light brown hair/dark blond, green eyes)... Southern France didn't seem that different from Northern Italy and Northern Spain, but probably with a more northern vibe (not everywhere though).

I wish it helped you in your study or that you could at least discover interesting French people in the people I mentioned...

Greetings

Last Online
    02-25-2021 @ 06:56 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    North American Aryan
    Ethnicity
    Hyperborean 35%. Just south 65%. Pacific.
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 3

0 Not allowed!

Here we have an Aryan-looking Argentinian of Northern Italian ancestry who I suspect has some Transylvanian-Saxon ancestry.

Last Online
    03-02-2021 @ 10:24 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Thracian/Scythian/Gothic
    Ethnicity
    Bulgarian
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Taxonomy
    Dalofaelid with Corded Nordid influences
    Politics
    Fuck agendas
    Hero
    None.
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Gab the Gaul View Post
    About southeast France in particular,

From Savoy, you can look at French winter sports champions, they are almost all from there.

From Ardèche, here are few names : - René Privat, Pascal Fugier, Cédric Chabert, Delphine Combe, Jean-Marie Cuoq, Jean-Philippe Faure, Franck Sauzée, Alain Planet, Hervé Giraud, Michel Teston, David Mourier, François Félix, Jean-Marc Gounon, Clément Grenier, Amandine Leynaud, Benoit Peschier, Julien Rochedy, Sébastien Chabal, Gérard Mourou, Anne-Sophie Pic, Jean-François Piège, Florent Peyre, Rémy Martin, Bertrand Gille...

From Provence : (in the the XIXth and XXth centuries) : Henri Marie Léonce Fabre, Jean Bouin, Fernand Bouisson, Alexandre Blanc, Joseph Fallen, Frédéric Mistral, Maria Borrély, Marie-Antoinette Roumanille, Henri Poupon, Jules Muraire, Henri Marius Roger Bourrely, Fernand Charpin, Paul Ricard, Charles Maurras, Frédéric Lazard, Aimé Michel...
    - (in the XXth and XXI centuries) : Lucien Aimar, Jean-Claude Magnan, Pierre Magnan, Jean-Michel Bayle, Jean Rolland, Michèle Mouton, Gilles Rousset, Marcel Aubour, René Girard, Arnaud Clément, Alain Bernard, Benoit Paire, Christophe Maé, Camille Combal, Julien Aubert, Jean-Robert Lombard, Jean-Baptise Maunier...
    In Provence, immigration has been absolutely huge, especially on the seaside. So the most difficult thing is to find natives from these places. Most of the people I just mentionned come from inland Provence (which has also been subject to huge immigration, but a bit less, hence "survivors" here and there lol).
    People from the seaside seemed to look a bit more Mediterranean (as in the examples from the XIX/XXth centuries mentioned above ), perhaps due to the old Greek influences, or just native people.

Here is a genetic study on people from Provence (which aimed at discovering the genetic impact of Greeks in the region) : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3068964/ . If I understood the results correctly, it says that there is a noticeable gentic impact of Greeks, but that the vast majority would of people from this area used to be similar to Basques.

On the whole, according to me southeast France didn't seem that different from the rest of France. It seemed a bit more "mediterranean" on the seaside, but on the whole, we see the same combination found anywhere else in France : more blond people than in southern Europe, but more brown hair people than in northern Europe, a lot of of fair eyes (especially blue eyes) and a lot of intermediate profiles or mixed profiles (blond hair with dark eyes, blue eyes and dark hair/light brown hair/dark blond, green eyes)... Southern France didn't seem that different from Northern Italy and Northern Spain, but probably with a more northern vibe (not everywhere though).

I wish it helped you in your study or that you could at least discover interesting French people in the people I mentioned...

Greetings
    Thank you very much! Very detailed posts and very kind of you! I will definitely include a large part of this data in my survey.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

2 Not allowed!

I was clear I included green eyes with minor brown spots as green and light.
    My hazel number for both sexes combined is twice higher than that for green eyes.
    I expected slightly lower results but I'm pretty good at ignoring my expectations and adhering to reality/what I see.
    Italians women seem to be very light eyed. Blue + Gray for men is very close to Livi (31,9 vs 30,9%). As I said before, your blond and blond + light brown numbers also fit Livi very well.

Last Online
    03-25-2024 @ 05:06 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    European
    Ethnicity
    Slovenian
    Country
    New Zealand
    Politics
    Right wing
    Religion
    Agnostic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,196
    Given: 677

0 Not allowed!

Green eyes with brown spots when green dominates I count as light. Evenly mixed green-brown shades and such where brown dominates I consider hazel and don't count as light.
    Out of curiosity, would you classify these eyes green or hazel?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information