Thread: Midsommar Musings: WTF someone bought a disabled guy to a cinema? Swedes are actually like the cult

Human Resources Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    02-21-2024 @ 10:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euromutt
    Ethnicity
    White
    Country
    European Union
    Taxonomy
    WHG
    Politics
    Right (as in correct)
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,473
    Given: 10,006

1 Not allowed!

Default Midsommar Musings: WTF someone bought a disabled guy to a cinema? Swedes are actually like the cult

Went to see this film yesterday on my own because the cinema near was very cheap and I couldn't find a torrent or pirtated copy. This is a cool film. Probably praised more than it deserved by critics because it's somewhat deep, artistic and intellectual so elitist people like it to seem cultured or smart, similar to the Babadook, Which is also a great film don't get me wrong. It is a nice looking film, set in daylight with no jump scares which is cool. The traditions of midsommar are very beautiful part of European heritage.

Ari Aster clearly knows a lot about modern cosmopolitan relationship dynamics and mental illness, I think the film demonstrates how individualistic and selfish modern life is, we are devoid of spiritual meaning and connection with others. Although their rituals look brutal, religious and spiritual awe elevates them beyond a fear of death. They embrace the process of death head on more easily and honestly than we, as part of a cycle of life, seeing themselves as part of something much larger than they. Pain and emotions are OK to feel, as they feel them together as a unit, which releases and validates ones pain while tightening the bonds of those who suffered together. Compare this to the sterile but safe modern office drone in a shitty relationship who feels very little at all apart from occasional dopamine hits as he moves up the wagecuck ladder or whatever.

The Swedes in this film are actually what Swedes are like in reality. A bit weird, often pretty, a bit autistic, melancholic. Generally organised and rule following. They are also quiet and very conformist but not clannish, open to outsiders. Full of weird traditions and mental illness. Empathetic, but enjoy feeling sad, and enjoy feeling sad for others in a weird way. Weird sexual behavior too. And a little creepy.

Also 2 black guys where in the cinema, one of them was very retarded and the other was either just slightly retarded or maybe the retards helper, they both had lanyards which often indicates they are from a disabled institution maybe? The retard kept making this long drawn out sustained noise throughout the whole film like *nugghhhhhhhhhh* and then going 'woahuhuhuh' whenever anything notable happened on screen. He was also sucking on his bottle really loudly. Who tf brings a loud retard to a cinema? Especially a 18+ horror film at that. I have nothing against the Retarded but they do not belong in a cinema if they have such compulsions. I wanted to tell them to STFU or leave but I was seated far away. Incredibly frustrating stuff.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s0SCjW2n3joY He sounded like this but his noises where more sustained, each individual noise would last a few minutes each time until something happened of note and he would kinda go 'woahah' 'psst pssst psstt' to his friend commenting upon what had just unfolded in the film. Also it was the hottest day of the year and the second hottest day ever in the UK I think.

this british actor is nearly as weird looking.
    Last edited by Bellbeaking; 07-26-2019 at 11:16 PM.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-29-2020 @ 10:57 PM
    Ethnicity
    25% North English 25% Surrey English 25% Irish 25% Bavarian
    Country
    United States
    Politics
    Socially and fiscally very liberal
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 225
    Given: 309

0 Not allowed!

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh excellent. i searched midsommar in case there wasn't a thread and i could make a hate thread. excellent enough thread here. hahahahha.

really, highly appreciated here.

Thread Information