Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 74

Thread: How would you classify these "white" Filipinos?

  1. #31
    Junior Member GaneshD'Souza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Asian
    Ethnicity
    Asia
    Country
    Vatican City
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Gender
    Posts
    87
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/11
    Given: 7/3

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Criollo Filipino married to a mestiza (maybe castiza?) Filipina


    Their children

  2. #32
    Junior Member GaneshD'Souza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Asian
    Ethnicity
    Asia
    Country
    Vatican City
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Gender
    Posts
    87
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/11
    Given: 7/3

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Some more white & mestizo Filipinos living in the Philippines:












  3. #33
    Senior Member Quiro_Brianza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 11:33 PM
    Location
    Mexico City
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ancestry
    Mexico, Spain
    Country
    Angola
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    👎
    Hero
    Moctezuma tzocoyotzin
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Posts
    291
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 90/3
    Given: 0/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    They look like at least 80% european in dna, very uncommon among Filipinos. They definitely came from US and their families stayed there for a few generations, some others seems to be the very little Spaniards that went to Philippines and stayed, or maybe they were criollos sent from New Spain and stayed there without mixing with the local population, just among criollos or Spaniards. These are the minority there, I have seen mixed Filipinos with like 50% at least filippino and their filippino side is very easy to note.


  4. #34
    Senior Member Quiro_Brianza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 11:33 PM
    Location
    Mexico City
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ancestry
    Mexico, Spain
    Country
    Angola
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    👎
    Hero
    Moctezuma tzocoyotzin
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Posts
    291
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 90/3
    Given: 0/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default How would you classify these "white" Filipinos?

    Quote Originally Posted by GaneshD'Souza View Post
    Some more white & mestizo Filipinos living in the Philippines:











    I see more mixing in this photos, a little bit more filippino dna than the others in the first photos of the Original post.

  5. #35
    Junior Member GaneshD'Souza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Asian
    Ethnicity
    Asia
    Country
    Vatican City
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Gender
    Posts
    87
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/11
    Given: 7/3

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiro_Brianza View Post
    They look like at least 80% european in dna, very uncommon among Filipinos. They definitely came from US and their families stayed there for a few generations, some others seems to be the very little Spaniards that went to Philippines and stayed, or maybe they were criollos sent from New Spain and stayed there without mixing with the local population, just among criollos or Spaniards. These are the minority there, I have seen mixed Filipinos with like 50% at least filippino and their filippino side is very easy to note.
    There's no families from the US in my posts. These are Spanish mestizo families living in the Philippines. These are mostly from the wave of Basques that came from the mid 1800s to the early 1900s. They were a wealthier group and mostly just stuck to other white people. They also have some admixture from other European groups because some British, Germans, Dutch, French, etc came to the Philippines in the 1800s and early 1900s. They usually mixed in with the Spanish-Filipinos. So that's why some Spanish families in the Philippines were able to remain so white. They had other Europeans to mix with.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Quiro_Brianza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 11:33 PM
    Location
    Mexico City
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ancestry
    Mexico, Spain
    Country
    Angola
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    👎
    Hero
    Moctezuma tzocoyotzin
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Posts
    291
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 90/3
    Given: 0/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaneshD'Souza View Post
    There's no families from the US in my posts. These are Spanish mestizo families living in the Philippines. These are mostly from the wave of Basques that came from the mid 1800s to the early 1900s. They were a wealthier group and mostly just stuck to other white people. They also have some admixture from other European groups because some British, Germans, Dutch, French, etc came to the Philippines in the 1800s and early 1900s. They usually mixed in with the Spanish-Filipinos. So that's why some Spanish families in the Philippines were able to remain so white. They had other Europeans to mix with.
    interesting, I also know that Americans were present in the Philippines during WW2, many of them look like castizos or pure euros, not only basques and pure Europeans were sent to your country, also criollos born in America, there were and there are a lot of them Spaniards that were born in Latin America. I find funny the basque last names like Echavarra.
    There are an Italian of French community in your country? With last names typical of those countries?

  7. #37
    Junior Member GaneshD'Souza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Asian
    Ethnicity
    Asia
    Country
    Vatican City
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Gender
    Posts
    87
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/11
    Given: 7/3

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiro_Brianza View Post
    interesting, I also know that Americans were present in the Philippines during WW2, many of them look like castizos or pure euros, not only basques and pure Europeans were sent to your country, also criollos born in America, there were and there are a lot of them Spaniards that were born in Latin America. I find funny the basque last names like Echavarra.
    There are an Italian of French community in your country? With last names typical of those countries?
    There's no other European communities in the Philippines besides the Spanish. The other European groups married into Spanish families and basically became Spanish-Filipinos.

    For example, this family's surname is "De Lange" which is actually Dutch.

    They had a Dutch ancestor who moved to the Philippines in the early 1900s. He married a Spanish-Filipina. And they've been in the Philippines ever since.

    This family has the surname "Lhuillier" which is French


    Their ancestor came from France several generations ago, but now their descendants just marry Spanish-Filipinos.

    Same with the Hagedorn family, but their ancestors came from Germany


    And yes, the Spanish also mixed with Americans who came to the Philippines during the US colonial period. They usually weren't the rich Spanish families who mixed with them. It was the less rich ones. A lot of the celebrities from the 1960s came from Spanish-American families, like a lot of these

  8. #38
    Junior Member GaneshD'Souza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Asian
    Ethnicity
    Asia
    Country
    Vatican City
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Gender
    Posts
    87
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/11
    Given: 7/3

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiro_Brianza View Post
    interesting, I also know that Americans were present in the Philippines during WW2, many of them look like castizos or pure euros, not only basques and pure Europeans were sent to your country, also criollos born in America, there were and there are a lot of them Spaniards that were born in Latin America. I find funny the basque last names like Echavarra.
    There are an Italian of French community in your country? With last names typical of those countries?
    Criollos from Latin American stopped coming when Mexico gained its independence from Spain in the early 1800s. So thats an older population that mostly got absorbed into the general Filipino population. Thats why you see lots of regular Filipinos today who have 1-2% Spanish in their DNA results, and often some Native American too. But the "white Filipinos" today mostly did not descend from Mexicans. They came straight from Spain after Spain lost all of its Latin American colonies. The only choices Spanish emigrants had were Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Philippines. The ones who came to the Philippines mostly stuck with other white people (Spanish mestizos already present in the country and other European settlers, then in the 1900s- Americans in the Philippines).

  9. #39
    Senior Member Quiro_Brianza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 11:33 PM
    Location
    Mexico City
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ancestry
    Mexico, Spain
    Country
    Angola
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    👎
    Hero
    Moctezuma tzocoyotzin
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Posts
    291
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 90/3
    Given: 0/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaneshD'Souza View Post
    There's no other European communities in the Philippines besides the Spanish. The other European groups married into Spanish families and basically became Spanish-Filipinos.

    For example, this family's surname is "De Lange" which is actually Dutch.

    They had a Dutch ancestor who moved to the Philippines in the early 1900s. He married a Spanish-Filipina. And they've been in the Philippines ever since.

    This family has the surname "Lhuillier" which is French


    Their ancestor came from France several generations ago, but now their descendants just marry Spanish-Filipinos.

    Same with the Hagedorn family, but their ancestors came from Germany


    And yes, the Spanish also mixed with Americans who came to the Philippines during the US colonial period. They usually weren't the rich Spanish families who mixed with them. It was the less rich ones. A lot of the celebrities from the 1960s came from Spanish-American families, like a lot of these
    Interesting variety of euro descendants in your country , I thought that Philippines also had some French migration because French were always looking to conquer Mexico, and they were present in my country. And with the connection by sea among the countries of Latin America and Philippines, I though that it was possible. In the zone were I live the French ancestry is very present, those guys stayed. Those guys were incistent, thank you Napoleon , and the Italians were very present in all America. They are like the Chinese in Asia, but in America. Every country has a bit of ancestry from them . Great info about that communities in your country

  10. #40
    Senior Member Quiro_Brianza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Online
    10-02-2019 @ 11:33 PM
    Location
    Mexico City
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Mestizo
    Ethnicity
    Mixed
    Ancestry
    Mexico, Spain
    Country
    Angola
    Region
    Aboriginal
    Politics
    👎
    Hero
    Moctezuma tzocoyotzin
    Religion
    None
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Posts
    291
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 90/3
    Given: 0/0

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

    Default How would you classify these "white" Filipinos?

    Quote Originally Posted by GaneshD'Souza View Post
    Criollos from Latin American stopped coming when Mexico gained its independence from Spain in the early 1800s. So thats an older population that mostly got absorbed into the general Filipino population. Thats why you see lots of regular Filipinos today who have 1-2% Spanish in their DNA results, and often some Native American too. But the "white Filipinos" today mostly did not descend from Mexicans. They came straight from Spain after Spain lost all of its Latin American colonies. The only choices Spanish emigrants had were Puerto Rico, Cuba, and the Philippines. The ones who came to the Philippines mostly stuck with other white people (Spanish mestizos already present in the country and other European settlers, then in the 1900s- Americans in the Philippines).
    A lot of Pure Iberians were born in Latin America, not all were mestizos or criollos. Even nowadays its not that hard to find some in any Latino country. Some Latinos are Europeans born in America (the continent not the US), the Europeans are fathers of almost a whole continent (America), the only Amerindian majority influenced country in America is Bolivia. So maybe those pure Spaniards were actually Spaniards that were born in Latino America.
    Last edited by Quiro_Brianza; 08-17-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 494
    Last Post: 11-19-2018, 10:18 PM
  2. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-18-2018, 07:49 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-10-2018, 06:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •