Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I don't understand homosexuality.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-19-2012 @ 09:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    A Celto-Germanic-Manic ;)
    Ethnicity
    Thrones
    Taxonomy
    Bitch-oid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default I don't understand homosexuality.

This post is not meant to be mean or to criticize homosexuals but to express my confusion about them, maybe some one can help me understand more.. I don't understand:
    A: Why they are attracted to the same sex, yet one of the people in the relationship acts like the opposite sex, and they both have male/female roles like a straight couple would.
    B: Why they dress like men/women and men/women who are also gay are attracted to them when THEY ARE DRESSING UP AS THE OPPOSITE SEX. For example, you will see a lesbian couple, one looks like a man (a lot of times I think that she is a man, and the other girl will dress normal) in a gay male relationship, one man will act extremely feminine and one will act less feminine, (in other words one of them is obviously the 'bitch').

When I see things like "the pregnant man", and a gay male couple which includes one of the 'men' having plastic surgery to look like a woman and speaking more girly then girls do it REALLY confuses me.. I would understand homosexuality more if these people were homosexual because they like their sex more then the opposite sex but it seems as if this is not the case since they try so hard to act the opposite sex.. It just confuses me..

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Scandinavian
    Ancestry
    Trondheim, Norway
    Country
    Canada
    Region
    British Columbia
    Religion
    Christian
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,828
    Given: 243

0 Not allowed!

I don't much understand it either, but for A: animals exhibit this behavior in nature, one takes on the dominate male the other the female if they are the same sex, happens a lot with dogs so it sort of makes sense that humans would display similar behavior. B: i think the ones that dress opposite are in the minority, there is some study floating around that addresses this but I can't remember the specifics, i'll try to find it.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

I can understand when a gay couple consists of two people who like their same sex and ACT like their respective sex, but when you have the whole, one is the guy one the girl when both are guys or both are girls, or when you have men dressing as women and women looking like men, then I don't get it either.. if I was a lesbian I'd want a woman who looked, acted, talked like a woman and not one who looks like a guy with female anatomy.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-19-2012 @ 09:59 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    A Celto-Germanic-Manic ;)
    Ethnicity
    Thrones
    Taxonomy
    Bitch-oid
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 18

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by cmariexo View Post
    I can understand when a gay couple consists of two people who like their same sex and ACT like their respective sex, but when you have the whole, one is the guy one the girl when both are guys or both are girls, or when you have men dressing as women and women looking like men, then I don't get it either.. if I was a lesbian I'd want a woman who looked, acted, talked like a woman and not one who looks like a guy with female anatomy.
    EXACTLY.. I mean it really makes no sense to me.. The other day my boyfriend and I were eating at a restaurant and this gay couple walked in, one of them had a tight TIGHT pink shirt on and his hair dyed bleech blonde and he had eyeliner on and was talking about 20 times girlier then I could ever talk and his boyfriend was just acting like a regular guy.. It makes no sense to me, even the way they have sex, lesbians do it with dildos (a mans penis) men do it in the butt (a womans vagina) it makes no sense, it's like how aren't you hetero when you are practically dating the opposite sex??

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Country
    United States
    Region
    District of Columbia
    mtDNA
    H
    Taxonomy
    Mediterranean
    Politics
    Classic liberal
    Religion
    Atheist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 40,070
    Given: 10,740

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Boadicea View Post
    EXACTLY.. I mean it really makes no sense to me.. The other day my boyfriend and I were eating at a restaurant and this gay couple walked in, one of them had a tight TIGHT pink shirt on and his hair dyed bleech blonde and he had eyeliner on and was talking about 20 times girlier then I could ever talk and his boyfriend was just acting like a regular guy.. It makes no sense to me, even the way they have sex, lesbians do it with dildos (a mans penis) men do it in the butt (a womans vagina) it makes no sense, it's like how aren't you hetero when you are practically dating the opposite sex??

What it sounds to me is that you don't understand why if someone is gay, they'd be attracted to someone who acts like the opposite sex.. which is what puzzles me and many others as well. I know lesbians who look like men who you'd even mistake for men.. so why would a woman who wants a woman, want them?

Inactive Account
    Last Online
    11-28-2011 @ 12:53 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Ethnicity
    Gone.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 29

0 Not allowed!

I don't understand golden showers, faecophilia, bestiality, BDSM or a large number of other perversions either. It's difficult to understand why people do the things they do, especially perverts and mentally disturbed people.

The easiest way to understand the whole phenomenon is just accept that it's either one of the most terrible and destructive forms of mental imbalance we presently witness in society, or it's a result of the immorality and sexual licentiousness that have defined us since the 1920s. I think it's a little of both, but both of those are very easy to understand.

Last Online
    07-07-2011 @ 02:29 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Anglo-Celtic
    Ethnicity
    Australian, mixed European background
    Ancestry
    Ireland, England, Germany, Latvia
    Country
    Australia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Boadicea View Post
    When I see things like "the pregnant man", and a gay male couple which includes one of the 'men' having plastic surgery to look like a woman and speaking more girly then girls do it REALLY confuses me.. I would understand homosexuality more if these people were homosexual because they like their sex more then the opposite sex but it seems as if this is not the case since they try so hard to act the opposite sex.. It just confuses me..
    Well, one thing to remember here is that there is a difference between gender identity and sexuality. Here, you seem to be referring more to the former. When you start talking about things like plastic surgery and such, that's talking more about transexuality.. not homosexuality.

Also, the stereotypical butch/femme couple stereotype is just that, a stereotype- not to say that some couples don't fit the bill- they do. But to say that all gay couples have clear 'gender' roles would be a vast generalisation.

Banned
    Last Online
    03-13-2012 @ 01:36 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Finnic
    Ethnicity
    Suomalainen
    Country
    Finland
    Taxonomy
    Itämerensuomalainen/Baltic Finn
    Politics
    Send in the jack-booted thugs
    Religion
    That which does not kill us makes us stranger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 69

0 Not allowed!

NO! Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Feline
    Ethnicity
    Snowshoe
    Country
    Canada
    Politics
    I voted once, it was horrible
    Religion
    All my 9 lives are devoid of meaning
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 103

0 Not allowed!

I actually don't, either. In fact, I find it kind of gross. I don't have a real problem with gay people, though, I just couldn't do it.

In fact, back in university, I was offered $100 to kiss another girl. Thought of doing it but then I was like "No, I'd probably throw up in her mouth".

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    10-07-2014 @ 05:52 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Romance
    Ethnicity
    HispanoRoman-IberoAquitanian-Suevian
    Country
    Spain
    Politics
    Autocrat and Antiglobalization Traditionalist
    Religion
    Roman-Catholic
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 53
    Given: 29

0 Not allowed!

Masculine homosexuality it's for me one of the most unconceivable things Ive ever thought about, talking just on its biological basis. But, just an intuitive idea trying to make abstraction of my own hetero-biased perspective, feminine one (excluding the amount of "adquired" one inexistent on males) is for my mind more easily conceived. Masculine one, I repeat, is for me almost "magical".

To put it in another words: it's hard for me to believe that a hetero-woman feels for same-gender individuals the same physical repugnance that I feels for other men.

Ps. Sorry, my male friends, for my words, but Ive to admit it: I feel a deep repugnance on yours.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information