Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is Romania not developing their tourism enough?

Banned
    Last Online
    07-15-2011 @ 02:20 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South European, Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Thrace
    Politics
    I <3 Romania
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

0 Not allowed!

Default Why is Romania not developing their tourism enough?

I mean, Mamaia seems like a great place for me and I wish I could visit it some day, yet many Romanians go to Bulgarian sea cost for their summer vacation. I know that we have a lot more sea resorts, but you still have Mamaia, Neptun, etc.

Your country is not investing enough in tourism, I discovered that you have some great winter resorts in the Carpathians, yet Bulgarian resorts like Bansko seem more visited by foreign tourists than your resorts. I think Romania needs to popularize itself as a tourist destination, e.g. why is not your country advertised on our Bulgarian TVs, yet Turkey is constantly advertised?

Last Online
    04-29-2023 @ 12:17 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Euro-American
    Ethnicity
    Slavic-Mutt
    Ancestry
    Russia, Romania, Croatia, Greece, Bohemia, Luxembourg
    Country
    United States
    Taxonomy
    Gracile Noric + light Pontid
    Politics
    Anti-Leftist
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 400

0 Not allowed!

Idk, either. I definitely think they should though, places like Constanta in the Black Sea coast are beautiful, and would normally attract a lot of attention.

Or, maybe it because they're still recovering from the Nicolae Ceaușescu regime. I'm no expert though.

Banned
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Slavic
    Ethnicity
    Polish
    Ancestry
    Haaaaaaa
    Country
    Poland
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 279
    Given: 9

0 Not allowed!

Because it's full of gypsy.

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South European, Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Thrace
    Politics
    I <3 Romania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Now that is no reason... I mean we (Bulgaria) are also full of gypsies (some of them recently stole some tourists' possessions in Sunny Beach), yet many foreigners come here. Still yet, it seems many Bulgarians are going to Greece and Turkey instead. However, if I go somewhere else, it'll be Constanta.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    Country
    Brazil
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,538
    Given: 1,428

0 Not allowed!

Systemic corruption, lack of funds, no motivated Romanians, etc

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South European, Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Thrace
    Politics
    I <3 Romania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

I think there is a lot less overbuilding on Romanian sea cost than over here. That's why next year I planned visiting the Romanian coast... and I'll be just one of the few Bulgarians going there. See, Romania is terra incognita here in Bulgaria to most people (except those from the Ruse region), although we're neighbors. Greece and Turkey are a lot better known over here for some reason. To most people here, Romania is just some country north of Bulgaria where people eat Mămăligă and drive Dacias.

Last Online
    01-16-2012 @ 07:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ancient Dacia
    Ethnicity
    Medieval Moldavia
    Ancestry
    North Pontid
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Politics
    Vladimir Putin fan club
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bulgarian88 View Post
    I mean, Mamaia seems like a great place for me and I wish I could visit it some day, yet many Romanians go to Bulgarian sea cost for their summer vacation. I know that we have a lot more sea resorts, but you still have Mamaia, Neptun, etc.

Your country is not investing enough in tourism, I discovered that you have some great winter resorts in the Carpathians, yet Bulgarian resorts like Bansko seem more visited by foreign tourists than your resorts. I think Romania needs to popularize itself as a tourist destination, e.g. why is not your country advertised on our Bulgarian TVs, yet Turkey is constantly advertised?
    Because it sucks, not worth it. All this bastards (hotel owners) need to be put in a work camp of some sort, ar maybe used to dig a new irigation sistem.

DO NOT COME TO ROMANIA !!!
    TOURISM IS FOR LOOSERS.

If a nation is not able to develop a strong economy, or at least they are not able to steal from other nations, then they have not the right to be under the sun.

Also tourism is from satana and there should be laws against suspect foreigners entering the country and gathering informations, many of them are spies and some are terrorists.
    General Specific (Hungarian Army) : I can no longer sit back and allow Romanian Infiltration, Romanian Indoctrination, Romanian Subversion and the International Romanian Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids !!!

Banned
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    South European, Thracian
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Thrace
    Politics
    I <3 Romania
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Well, you might suck at tourism, but your salaries are (slightly) higher than ours and your GDP is higher, too. Also, your capital is better-maintained than our capital (better roads, better public transport).

I'm not sure about that, but it seems to me that you have better production than we have. Bulgaria is becoming a tourism-only country, I guess in the future we might become one of these countries that rely only on tourism and services.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    06-06-2013 @ 07:33 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ethnicity
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 92

0 Not allowed!

Meh, I prefer the hills and mountains.

Before developing its tourism, Romania needs to develop its infrastructure. I don't see that happening any time soon, so Romania will remain a wild west for tourists.

The reason for this, like for every other problem in Romania, is corruption and apathy. Despite the funds the EU pours on us, our progression is painfully slow and will remain so until we'll have a political elite whose purpose will be something other than lining its pocket on our expense and a population that is willing to fight and work hard for the betterment of their nation. Any minute now...
    [SPOILER=La fîntînă la mocrină][YOUTUBE]ecSLcemo3dI[/YOUTUBE][/SPOILER]

Last Online
    01-16-2012 @ 07:00 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Ancient Dacia
    Ethnicity
    Medieval Moldavia
    Ancestry
    North Pontid
    Country
    Romania
    Taxonomy
    Pontid
    Politics
    Vladimir Putin fan club
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7

0 Not allowed!

Well, you might suck at tourism, but your salaries are (slightly) higher than ours and your GDP is higher, too. Also, your capital is better-maintained than our capital (better roads, better public transport).

I'm not sure about that, but it seems to me that you have better production than we have. Bulgaria is becoming a tourism-only country, I guess in the future we might become one of these countries that rely only on tourism and services.
    You have ATAKA in the Parliament, we have minority groups who rule over us, I think that Bulgaria is better.

Some words of popular wistom: "- A full stomach never revolts."
    General Specific (Hungarian Army) : I can no longer sit back and allow Romanian Infiltration, Romanian Indoctrination, Romanian Subversion and the International Romanian Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids !!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information