Quote Originally Posted by NiccMach View Post
He could get the guns one way another, he was determined to do it. Even if he can't find, he could do other things like acid attacks, stabbing to death etc.
Sure, it's possible. But I doubt that those kind of people (shy nerdy students with complexes) would be able to contact the mob and get a gun. Also, a gun is inherently more lethal than an improvised weapon. An acid attack would disfigure a person, but guns can allow mass killings. Now, don't mistake me, I'm against the ban for firearms proposed by leftists-liberals. But even to drive a car you need to prove you are fit to do it, because it can be potentially dangerous for you and others. I think it's only common sense that only people who are mentally stable (who are the majority anyway) should be allowed to have access to guns. Also, it would be reasonable to prove that you know at least the basics (for instance passing a course), because I think that using a gun in a self-defense situation without having a clue could be more dangerous for you and by-standers than for the aggressors. For instance, experienced criminals may know how to disarm somebody and turn the victim's guns against them.