Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Happily married with 4 matriarchs
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,348
    Given: 722

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sp_loa View Post
    They are not as atypical as you describe it. Belo doesn't pass as Sephardic. While I agree the Ashkenazim here can also pass as Europeans or atleast part European, they are not as atypical as you describe it among Ashkenazim.

Harari is practically typical Sephardic, Ben Yakov is lighter than average but not near unexisting.

For your knowledge Or Zehavi was casted as a Moroccan Jew in another show (Zaguri Emperia). Just shows that it is even believable that he is Sephardic.

I can show you similar casts from other Israeli shows.

If you want to claim lack of diversity, go to the people that are incharge of casting. And if my threads are annoying to you, then you are more than welcome to stop commenting, cause I'm not going to stop posting what I want to post.
    I wouldn't be shocked if other casts are similar. That's because of the casting in Israel. They don't represent the public. Harari isn't the typical Sephardi. If anything, she's the typical Ashkenazi. The Seinfeld cast represents the typical Ashkenazi crowd. Of course plenty of Sephardi Jews look like Harari, because Ashkenazim and Sephardim aren't that different. We're both Western Jews. Many can pass for the other, if not most. I've been to Moroccan shuls. She'd be 15-25th percentile in pigment and features-wise, typically Western Jewish. If she walked into a neutral Jewish setting, everyone would assume she's Ashkenazi.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    02-28-2023 @ 08:03 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Believe me I'm still trying to figure this out.
    Country
    Antarctica
    mtDNA
    HV1c
    Politics
    Central-Left
    Hero
    Science
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Relationship Status
    Single
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2,310
    Given: 1,961

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Pine View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if other casts are similar. That's because of the casting in Israel. They don't represent the public. Harari isn't the typical Sephardi. If anything, she's the typical Ashkenazi. The Seinfeld cast represents the typical Ashkenazi crowd. Of course plenty of Sephardi Jews look like Harari, because Ashkenazim and Sephardim aren't that different. We're both Western Jews. Many can pass for the other, if not most. I've been to Moroccan shuls. She'd be 15-25th percentile in pigment and features-wise, typically Western Jewish. If she walked into a neutral Jewish setting, everyone would assume she's Ashkenazi.
    "everyone would assume she's Ashkenazi" I agree with that, but in Israel most Moroccan people I know are first guessed as Ashkenazi.
    I can count on one hand the amount of times I was guessed as non-Ashkenazi. Even Moroccan Jews always guess me as European Jew first. It doesn't mean a lot. If you are light you are "Ashkenazi"

However I do not agree with the 15th-25th percentile, nor in pigment (she doesn't have blue or green eyes as much as I can tell, that's the real 25th percentile for Moroccans) nor features- there are many people with much more European features in my family (maybe even myself but I don't like to talk about myself) and my surrounding.

I'd place her at the lightest 30-35 percentile.

Israeli casting ןד indeed non-representative. I won't lie in this cast 5/7 people have light eyes while only 1 have true dark eyes. Similar in other casts too.
    Light eyes in Israel are around 30% (with Ethnic russians included) or so, so yes not representative.

Same situation with sperm donation in Israel. The most demanded sperm is of guys that are blond, have blue eyes and are 5'11 tall or more, of East or Central European descent. There was an article about how Yemenite (or Mizrahi in general) sperm is rarely or never used (it's in hebrew but I can send you this, use google translate).
    Israel is a light preferring country. I sometimes see how light people (me included, if I don't say I'm Moroccan) are treated differently compared to dark people. for example my friend (dark skinned Iraqi) asked a person for a phone call and the person just said "You are dark you might steal my phone" or something like this. It was shocking to all of us (I don't think it represents Israeli society) but it's there.

anyway the sperm donor article- https://www.calcalist.co.il/local/ar...512461,00.html
    (Read the comments if you want to see Israeli racism at it's finest)

Last Online
    12-13-2022 @ 12:09 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Iranic
    Ethnicity
    Caucasoid/Iranic
    Country
    England
    Region
    England
    Y-DNA
    G-FGC34451
    Taxonomy
    Idk some med pheno ig Turkish/iranian/Greek/Italian pheno
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 251

1 Not allowed!

Number 1. looks Atlantid, idk about the rest mixture of nordid and med types
    1 Balochi_Baluchistan + Burusho_Pakistan + English_England + Sindhi_Sindh @ 2.848954

25% Baloch(Iranic) + 25% Anglo-Saxon English + 25% Awan(North West Pakistani)
    +25% Punjabi= 100% ME

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    09-24-2022 @ 05:26 AM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Sp_loa View Post
    "everyone would assume she's Ashkenazi" I agree with that, but in Israel most Moroccan people I know are first guessed as Ashkenazi.
    I can count on one hand the amount of times I was guessed as non-Ashkenazi. Even Moroccan Jews always guess me as European Jew first. It doesn't mean a lot. If you are light you are "Ashkenazi"

However I do not agree with the 15th-25th percentile, nor in pigment (she doesn't have blue or green eyes as much as I can tell, that's the real 25th percentile for Moroccans) nor features- there are many people with much more European features in my family (maybe even myself but I don't like to talk about myself) and my surrounding.

I'd place her at the lightest 30-35 percentile.

Israeli casting ןד indeed non-representative. I won't lie in this cast 5/7 people have light eyes while only 1 have true dark eyes. Similar in other casts too.
    Light eyes in Israel are around 30% (with Ethnic russians included) or so, so yes not representative.

Same situation with sperm donation in Israel. The most demanded sperm is of guys that are blond, have blue eyes and are 5'11 tall or more, of East or Central European descent. There was an article about how Yemenite (or Mizrahi in general) sperm is rarely or never used (it's in hebrew but I can send you this, use google translate).
    Israel is a light preferring country. I sometimes see how light people (me included, if I don't say I'm Moroccan) are treated differently compared to dark people. for example my friend (dark skinned Iraqi) asked a person for a phone call and the person just said "You are dark you might steal my phone" or something like this. It was shocking to all of us (I don't think it represents Israeli society) but it's there.

anyway the sperm donor article- https://www.calcalist.co.il/local/ar...512461,00.html
    (Read the comments if you want to see Israeli racism at it's finest)
    I didn't say anything about "European features". Most "features" pass on either side of the Med sea. I said hers fit within the Western Jewish (Roman Jewish - Ashkenazim, Sephardim etc) spectrum. Can you link the stats on eye color etc in Israel? Few Ashkenazim are blond and light eyed and even if they are, they are unlikely to pass those features on, especially if their sperm is used by a Mizrachi woman.

I sometimes see how light people (me included, if I don't say I'm Moroccan) are treated differently compared to dark people. for example my friend (dark skinned Iraqi) asked a person for a phone call and the person just said "You are dark you might steal my phone" or something like this. It was shocking to all of us (I don't think it represents Israeli society) but it's there.
    You're the first person I've heard this from. Was this said by an adult?

I read the article. Besides those with sperm-deficient husbands, I can't think of any sane women who go to such banks. I can't even imagine someone requesting that the child look nothing like her husband. And the fact that they prefer to know the man's "astrological luck" over intelligence, tells you a lot about the customer base.

"The most sought-after donor in February at the sperm bank at Ichilov Hospital, for example, is a young man from Russia " - Are the women even checking if he's Jewish?

I've known plenty of Israelis. Never once heard a preference for light features, not in their partner, not socially for themselves.

Banned
    Last Online
    09-02-2019 @ 03:17 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic, Celtic, Slavic, Negro
    Ethnicity
    Pennsylvania Dutch, Irish, Polish, Bantu
    Country
    United States
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 276
    Given: 309

0 Not allowed!

Can you link the stats on eye color etc in Israel?
    That‘s a rhetorical question as there are no hair and eye color statistics on Israelis save ToeKneeHwin, but that is not professional. You would have use Anthropological studies done on each group in Israel and then take into consideration the proportion of each group in the general Israeli Population. Doing this I came to 24% light and intermediate eyes which is only slightly higher than Lebanon (17%) according to Coon‘s Races of Europe so it seems realistic.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnbringer View Post
    That‘s a rhetorical question as there are no hair and eye color statistics on Israelis save ToeKneeHwin, but that is not professional. You would have use Anthropological studies done on each group in Israel and then take into consideration the proportion of each group in the general Israeli Population. Doing this I came to 24% light and intermediate eyes which is only slightly higher than Lebanon (17%) according to Coon‘s Races of Europe so it seems realistic.
    I genuinely thought he might have such statistics. And what you did makes too many assumptions and doesn't take into account the large amount of people mixed between those groups.

Veteran Member Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:45 PM
    Ethnicity
    British and Colombian
    Country
    Wales
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 26,240
    Given: 43,788

0 Not allowed!

These are surely at the lighter/more Euro end of the spectrum for Israel, aside of course from number seven. Btw, Oz Zehavi looks a lot like Jenson Button.

Veteran Member
    Apricity Funding Member
    "Friend of Apricity"

Last Online
    @
    Ethnicity
    American
    Ancestry
    Colonial Virginia + Central and Eastern Europe
    Country
    United States
    Region
    Mississippi
    Politics
    Nullifier
    Hero
    John C. Calhoun
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 21,125
    Given: 11,132

0 Not allowed!

The Seinfeld cast represents the typical Ashkenazi crowd.
    Seinfeld and Jason Alexander were like the only actual Jews on that show. And Seinfeld is half Mizrahi.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Seinfeld and Jason Alexander were like the only actual Jews on that show. And Seinfeld is half Mizrahi.
    Their actual ethnicities were irrelevant to the conversation.

Veteran Member
    Last Online
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Homo-Judeas
    Ethnicity
    500% Judean
    Ancestry
    1000% Judean
    Country
    Antarctica
    Y-DNA
    Abraham
    mtDNA
    Sarah
    Taxonomy
    100% Judean
    Politics
    Judean
    Hero
    Moses
    Religion
    Judea-ism
    Relationship Status
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tooting Carmen View Post
    These are surely at the lighter/more Euro end of the spectrum for Israel, aside of course from number seven. Btw, Oz Zehavi looks a lot like Jenson Button.
    Have you been to Israel?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information