Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Itt az ideje hogy a magyarok felhagyjanak balkánnal szemben érzett felsőbbrendűséggel

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Gypsies are included in the statistics (8-9% of the population), they live like third worlders, so they bring the avarage Hungary's avarage AIC down. Avarage white hungarian probably lives a little better than avarage croat, but avarage hungarian citizen doesn't live better than avarage Croatian citizen.
    I guess so. In Romania Gypsies also bring average down, for example houshold income.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,024
    Given: 12,251

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post

I would rank them like this in overall living standard : Hungary>>>Croatia>>>Romania.
    So why does AIC ranking show avarage hungarian household has less money to spend than in Romania or Croatia?

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    This is not fact, have you ever been in Romania? They are like Borsod. AIC have nothing to do with living standars, the GNI shows the real money of peoples, the individual consumption is an another thing. For example if i have 100 million euro, and you have 1 million euro and i spend 10000 euro / month and you spend 20000 euro / month that's doesn't mean that you are richer than me...
    Romanian infrastructure is less developed but in terms of standard of living they have overtaken Hungary.

For example if i have 100 million euro, and you have 1 million euro and i spend 10000 euro / month and you spend 20000 euro / month that's doesn't mean that you are richer than me...
    Cherrypicked individual example.
    If a large group(millions) of people spend more money than another group that is because they have more money. Lots of hungarians live paycheck to paycheck, you wanna tell me they are saving up a lot of money? How? And what for? Why do hungarians save money and why romanians don't? What a weird theory, and without evidence of course.

AIC shows how much money a household can spend. That's the very definition of living standard.
    the GNI shows the real money of peoples,
    It doesn't. Do you know what GNI measures?
    How to Calculate Gross National Income

To calculate GNI for a country, add up the following:

Consumption (C). Consumption (or personal consumption expenditure) is the value of all goods and services acquired and consumed by the country’s households.
    Investment (I). This is any domestic capital spending by a country’s citizen-run businesses.
    Government spending (G). This is all consumption and investments made by the government. Government spending does not include any transfer payments (such as social security paid to citizens), since they are not actually government spending, but a transfer of money.
    Net exports (X). This is the country’s exports MINUS the country’s imports. In order for this number to increase NNI, a country needs to export more than it imports.
    Net foreign factor income (NFFI). This is income that the country’s citizens earn abroad MINUS the income that foreign residents earn in the country and send out of the country.
    So the dozens of billions the government spent on lots of useless sh*t like Orbán's kisvasút, hosting overpriced swimming world cups(overpriced because the contracts are given to Orbán's oligarchs who steal the money) and countless other bullshit sport tournaments that stink from corruption, multiple overpriced brand new stadiums with 40.000 seats that are frequented by 100 people on the weekend matches are included in GNI. This kind of spending shows up in GDP too but they don't improve the standard of living, so I find them unreliable metrics.
    Last edited by Universe; 08-08-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Novichok
    Last Online
    @
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Germanic
    Ethnicity
    Boer
    Ancestry
    Dutch, German, French Huguenot, British
    Country
    Great Britain
    Region
    Essex
    Y-DNA
    E-V13
    mtDNA
    H1b
    Taxonomy
    Norid
    Politics
    Godly
    Hero
    Jesus, the King of Kings
    Religion
    Christian
    Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 44,948
    Given: 45,034

1 Not allowed!

One should be cautious to compare such statistics between countries, because often you're not comparing apples with apples, but apples with pears, etc. For example, looking at the figures for Ireland, it would appear that the Irish are incredibly wealthy. But the fact of the matter is that Ireland was bankrupt in 2008, and received huge bank bailout loans from Europe. Ireland also has a record amount of private debt, and it gets quite complicated to explain everything. And large US multinational companies do "corporate tax inversions", i.e. take over local Irish companies and combine it with theirs... and then list it in Ireland, to pay less tax. Then all of that shows as Irish property, but in fact most of the wealth is in the hands of rich American owners. The average Irish person on the street... well, that's a different story.
    Help support Apricity by making a donation

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

So why does AIC ranking show avarage hungarian household has less money to spend than in Romania or Croatia?
    I dont know, this suprises me to be honest.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Austria is definitely richer than Ireland. Don't know about Finland.
    I think so too.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Romanian infrastructure is less developed but in terms of standard of living they have overtaken Hungary.

Cherrypicked individual example.
    If a large group(millions) of people spend more money than another group that is because they have more money. Lots of hungarians live paycheck to paycheck, you wanna tell me they are saving up a lot of money? How? And what for? Why do hungarians save money and why romanians don't? What a weird theory, and without evidence of course.

AIC shows how much money a household can spend. That's the very definition of living standard.

It doesn't. Do you know what GNI measures?

So the dozens of billions the government spent on lots of useless sh*t like Orbán's kisvasút, hosting overpriced swimming world cups(overpriced because the contracts are given to Orbán's oligarchs who steal the money) and countless other bullshit sport tournaments that stink from corruption, multiple overpriced brand new stadiums with 40.000 seats that are frequented by 100 people on the weekend matches are included in GNI. This kind of spending shows up in GDP too but they don't improve the standard of living, so I find them unreliable metrics.
    Orban definitelly overspend on Sport Arenas. This new Puskas Stadium, what it will be, 70 000 capacity or something ?

Not much smaller than Bernabeu. And who will fill it each week ? Fradi has its own new stadium.

To my understanding it will be Hungarian Wembley , for national team only. I wonder how profitable it will be, NT plays home only few times a year and often against unattractive opponents.

I think it is too large stadium for Hungary despite Budapest is large city. And it doesnt have elite club or NT that draws huge crowds. And maintenace of such object coast a fortune probably. You cant have concerts on it because it damages expensive grass and it doesnt have athletic track so it will be minimally used. I am concerned what will come of it.

One of reasons of Greek bankrupcy were 2004 summer Olympics.

Speaking of living paycheck to paychek, we live like that too. Nothing is left at end of month. But it is pretty stress free, knowing finding new job is not hard at all. Market is good and dynamic.

In Croatia many citizens ended in financial slavery due to taking loans during early to mid 2000s economic boom, and now they cant repay them back.

Hungarians are less financially naive to my thinking. People are less willing to take out loan to buy new BMW or Mercedes, and gamble their family future afterwards. Croatian people were very naive and not responsible because Yugoslavia lived from western loans and bad habbits were created that way (just like Greece), living above their abilities.

In Croatia people dress better than Hungarians and have better cars on average, but they are locked in debts.

Our economy structure is more similar to southern European countries (great infrastructure, high unemployment rate especially among youth, relatively high salaries, high debt) than eastern european ones (weaker infrastructure, low debt, much lower unemplyment rates and relatively lower salaries).

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    I dont know, this suprises me to be honest.
    This is from ATV though, it's a heavily leftist tv channel, so take it with a pinch of salt. However there's some truth to it.

Last Online
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

A GNI (gross national income, magyarul bruttó nemzeti jövedelem) a GDP-ből származtatott mutató. Számítása során figyelembe veszik a külföldről kapott jövedelmeket és a levonják a kiáramlott jövedelmeket.
    A mutató régebbi elnevezése GNP (vagyis gross national product, bruttó nemzeti termék).
    Vagyis a GNI-nek a GDP az alapja. Mi a probléma a GDP-vel? Gulyás Marci elmagyarázza a videóban 21:45-től
    Ebből következik (szerintem) hogy a GNI nem feltétlen a legmegbízhatóbb mutató az életszínvonal mérésére.

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

0 Not allowed!

This is from ATV though, it's a heavily leftist tv channel, so take it with a pinch of salt. However there's some truth to it.
    Hungarians should't discard job opportunities in Romania.
    Hungarians from the Eastern parts can find good jobs in Transylvania, Banat and Crisana (Partium). Knowing Hungarian and some English is sufficient to have excellent employment in Transylvania.

It's perhaps less known to Hungarians that after ww1 the percentage of Hungarians living in Transylvania went up significantly, despite many Hungarians fleeing after Transylvania changed hands. They came to Romania for better jobs. Of course that stopped after what happened during ww2 (pogroms on both sides) and the take over by the communist regimes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information