N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mingle View Post
    It would be a Romanian-dominated country in that case and it would be seen as a Romania 2.0 by outsiders and would be seen as Romance-centrist (from a Hungarian/Szekler point of view) in addition to possibly having a Pro-Romanian political orientation. I have no doubt that Szeklers would still be asking for independence and many Hungarian nationalists would support them. I think if it was an independent country, then the ethnic Romanians would start calling themselves "ethnic Transylvanian" and try to build their own identity (like Montenegrins & Moldovans are) since they're the majority whereas Szeklers would view themselves as ethnic Hungarians and it would maybe be a Belgium-style situation. Also, it would be an artificial country which bothers me a bit =P Another solution could have been for Szeklerland to become an independent country or an enclave of Hungary. But yeah, both solutions may have been fairer than the current status quo. What about the other lands that Hungary lost in the treaty? Do you think they should have become independent countries as well?
    Indipemdent Transylvania does not mean Transsylvanian identity should be imposed, people can remain what they are. Bosnia is a country without Bosnian ethnicity but with Bosniaks, Serbs and Croats. BiH is failed state but Transylvania could be more sucessfull perhaps.

I also doubt Romanians would dominate it. More Hungarians would remain there of it was not Romania and Hungarians were urban (except Szekely), welathier, and more educated population and could form alliance with Saxons to counter balance Romanians who were individually most numerous. Add to that local Jews and you get vibrant community.

But this is all impossible with WW2 and communism.

. . .
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 AM
    Ethnicity
    Hellenized barbarian
    Country
    European Union
    Politics
    direct democracy
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 12,448
    Given: 31,620

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Nurzat you plot more south than me. It is obvious your people are very Balkan shifted and far from proper East Slavs.

You fall clearly into South Slavic cluster.
    because I am half Romanian, which pulls me away from West Ukrainian. on K15 plot though I am NE of Moldova dot, still quite far from Romania dot, actually in terms of distance I come closer to Hungarians and Croats on all runs. also, being NE of Moldoca is hardly South Slavic - I come similar because of my mix brings me there, otherwise both my dad and my mom come from different populations. Ukrainians in Romania are still East Slavic by customs and language, and genetically tre y come on the cline going from Western Ukr towards Croats, they touch the northernmost side of the Balkans at most (but pulled more to the East). hard to say Rusyns are Balkan Slavs

Banned
    Last Online
    11-07-2022 @ 08:46 PM
    Meta-Ethnicity
    Vlach, Romance
    Ethnicity
    Romanian
    Country
    United States
    Religion
    Orthodox Christian
    Relationship Status
    Married
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3,983
    Given: 2,435

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    This:

And we should to resettle hungarians from Cluj, south Transylvania, Moldavia (csángó) to Satu Mare or Székelyland and same numbered romanian should leave this area. It would be 95% hungarian.

Hungarians live in Cluj because it is a developed city.

Nothing short of a war would convince them to move to an underdeveloped commie town like Satu Mare or a poor rural area like Szekelyland. Satu Mare and Oradea are overwhelmingly Romanian anyways, and not some Hungarian enclaves.

You need to understand that these former Hungarian towns had Romanian villages all around them, which are now neighborhoods inside towns (this is how old towns worked, they needed peasantry around them). That's why they've become Romanian, and not because Hungarians somehow fled to Hungary. Actually, in the first couple of decades after Transylvania became part of Romania, the Hungarian population has increased not only in absolute numbers, but also percentually, because more Hungarians were coming from Hungary. Then the war and communism changed that trend, but that's another story.

account terminated.
    Last Online
    09-18-2023 @ 03:11 PM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Abkhazia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 52,721
    Given: 43,621

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Nurzat View Post
    because I am half Romanian, which pulls me away from West Ukrainian. on K15 plot though I am NE of Moldova dot, still quite far from Romania dot, actually in terms of distance I come closer to Hungarians and Croats on all runs. also, being NE of Moldoca is hardly South Slavic - I come similar because of my mix brings me there, otherwise both my dad and my mom come from different populations. Ukrainians in Romania are still East Slavic by customs and language, and genetically tre y come on the cline going from Western Ukr towards Croats, they touch the northernmost side of the Balkans at most (but pulled more to the East). hard to say Rusyns are Balkan Slavs
    Aspirin just posted pure Ukrainian from Romania who gets almost same results like me.

Western Ukrainians plot close to SE Poles , Slovaks, some Hungarians and Croats. So even they are not in main East Slavic cluster.

Last Online
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Ethnicity
    N/A
    Country
    Moldova
    Region
    Moldova
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 8,750
    Given: 3,189

1 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Feiichy View Post
    Aspirin just posted pure Ukrainian from Romania who gets almost same results like me.

Western Ukrainians plot close to SE Poles , Slovaks, some Hungarians and Croats. So even they are not in main East Slavic cluster.
    Many of them seems to have Croats and Moldavians as closest populations.

http://forum.molgen.org/index.php/to...html#msg231534

Plus is interesting the frequency of haplogroups between them based on FTDNA project, low R1a and high E-V13.

R1a 30%, I2a 18%, E1b 16%, R1b 14%.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Ethnicity
    Ancestry
    Country
    Fiji
    Taxonomy
    Religion
    born again atheist?
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 10,007
    Given: 12,238

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    Not only 10-20% but + north west european admixture what i linked, it's connected to germans. Romanians, slavs, jews don't have such north western european genetic only germans/germanic peoples have. 1/3 of hungarians have german genetic background thant's fact, other 1/3 came from balkans, other 1/3 is slavic.
    Okay.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information